Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji BT-34 EI D.O.A

Old 12-19-2009, 10:25 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Fuji BT-34 EI D.O.A

Finished up a Giant super sportster for my dad with a Fuji 34EI engine. It won't start, not even with a starter. Tried direct-feeding fuel to 'get it wet' since it is brand new and nothing. Removed the plug and set it against the engine case and there is no spark to be heard or seen. It was dark enough out that I feel I should be able to see something, especially while I am turning the engine over with a starter.
And Yes, the ground wire is connected to the engine case and my ignition battery was charged and I even connected it directly to the ignition to bypass the switch. The sensor is properly connected and this is the factory plug with no evidence of fouling.
This isn't my first rodeo - I have years of experience with DA engines and other competition engines. This is my first Fuji though.
My question is, is there anything I can do on my end to verify that the ignition or sensor is D.O.A? Like ohm out the sensor or look for voltage spikes as the magnet passes through, etc? Or any other suggestions for troubleshooting?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Fuji BT-34 EI D.O.A

If the ignition system isn't putting a spark to the plug, then the only thing we can suggest is to send it in. We don't have a specific test for the components. If the system isn't working, it has to be replaced.