Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Oill For DA-50R

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Jerkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oill For DA-50R

What oil you guys using in your DA-50's. Was going to use Ams Oil 2000 50:1 mix but am hearing some horror stories. Was thinking about going with Bel-Ray H1-R 50:1 mix.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
airnuts
My Feedback: (7)

Default oil

after 5 gallons of break in you should use amsoil at 100/1 ratio, this is what desert aircraft uses on there engines, I trust them on this, after all they make this engines, they probably know more than the rest of us, if you have a problem with one of there engines and you send it for warranty the first thing that they want to know is what oil you are using and the mix ratio.
hope this help, you can always call dave at DA and ask him.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:13 PM
JB Rekit
My Feedback: (3)

Default Oill For DA-50R

I have used the amsoil 100:1 after break with the ahless in my DA 100 and am on my 20th gallon with no problems thus far or heating issues.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
walton
My Feedback: (24)

Default Oill For DA-50R

Jerkey what kind of horror stories have you heard about this oil? I think most of the manufactures recommend this oil.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:56 AM
Jerkey

Default DA Recommended Oil

Acctually Desert Aircraft does recommend AmsOil along with any high quality synthetic oil. Here is there After Breakin Process word for word from my DA-50R manual.

We recommend a high quality synthetic oil. As for brands of oil, there are many good ones on teh market. Some oils, and their mix ratios, that Desert Aircraft recommends are: Amsoil 100 to 1 Pre-Mix (100 to 1), Red-Line (40 to 1) Amsoil 2000 (50 to 1) Bel-Ray H1-R (50 to 1). Theses oils can be found at most motorcycle shops.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Default Oill For DA-50R

Regardless of whatever horror stories have been milled around, let me assure you that Amsoil 100:1 is the ***first*** choice that DA recommends. I can attest to the quality of this stuff and I fly alot! 3-5 times a week at least 5 flights a day in weather ranging from the mid 30's to 100 degrees F. This stuff works and it won't foul up an engine or ruin it from heat or lack of protection. Follow the breakin to the letter in the book on the lawnboy, and then switch to Amsoil 100:1 and mix it precisely and that engine will run consistent and flawlessly for a very long time. I have ran my DA 100 with this oil for over a year and a half now and this stuff is the good stuff. If I didn't believe in it or it showed me otherwise I would be switching and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. I travel to meets and cannot afford engine troubles, and if this stuff gave me any sign...any sign at all of trouble, I would switch to something else. I can't think of anything better to run in these DA engines.