Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1386

Thread: MT70CC TWIN

RE: MT70CC TWIN

I heard the same thing,
    Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tommy has a facebook page,,and i see people cant get him to respond to the messages there ,i even see pe reivers is on his page,,boy,,this internet is a fast way to check on stuff and garner info,,, ok folks i gotta roll,cant make any money here ...ill check in later and see what new info get put out there,,you all have a wonderful friday....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Antique

They need to change to RC EXL ignition, the Melody is a little iffy....
    Does the Melody and Rcexl use the same sensor?
    Should be a direct swap?

Steve sent me a 35 single...It's stronger than all the rest and looks good...The Melody ignition failed almost right away...I would buy one with no ignition if they would sell it that way...No answer from Steve so far.....SDS knows nothing, I looked all over the site...
    RC Ignition

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, It uses a different sensor but is timed the same so no big deal to change the sensor.

Milton
    Contact Milton@rcextremepower.net
    Team RCeXtremePower.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buying them without ignitions would be the way to go but all the manufactures I have talked to about getting engines without ignitions only want to discount them about $8.00.

Milton
    Team RCeXtremePower.com

Shows ya what THEY pay for ignitions...
    RC Ignition

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi tracy im a current owner of the mt 70 cc unfortunately mt engines ,,is a failing buisness,,,what i did was to notify many people on rcu forum of this new engine,,can you provide me with more info such as ,,when it will be available and any technical info such as  kw/hp prop size engine dimensions weight  ect ,,,the people within my forum have many questions ,and appear to be very interested,,i prsonally would like to review this engine,,and am heavily into 30 % areobatic aircraft,,,,,,, this is the email i just sent to sds /cyclone ,,maybe ill get some more info to share in this forum,,,,ps i agree  with the last comment regarding the ignitions ,,and maybe thats all they are worth,,but i would also be inclined to ask the manufacturer the same question,, and that would be if all its worth is 8 bucks then  why are you using them? anyone should realize an ignition unit valued at 8 bucks probably isnt worth the box it came in...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to tell that we don't have MLD 70CC engine so far
    It is a new product, and we can have it in stock about the end of April.
    You can visit our website at that time,,,,,,, this was my reply from sds,,,i restated my question and hoping for some technical info ,,,or the website of mld ,,,,,waiting for their response, ps maybe when the boat arrives,,lol we can start a mld70cc thread ,,this way we can all move along ,,because of the track record with mt,,it would seem to be the right thing to do. like i said to another poster in a pm,,,the boat has left the dock and a certain engine manufacturer isnt on it.....too little too late.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Service12

to me
    show details 11:12 PM (45 minutes ago)
    Hi friend,

Sorry to tell that the factory do not have website

We sell many products for the factory

You can find what we have on our website

Thanks

Nice day !

i kinda wonder if thats the truth ,,i bet mld s manufacturer has a website,,but i wont push it with them,let me google chinese engine makers ,and  add spe or mld to the search.

MLD is some name they pulled out of the air?

The actual manufacturer has a different name?
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think they are the same as SPE. ???

Milton
    Team RCeXtremePower.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i found mld ,s site but no 70 twin there,,,or at least i think i found it,,,it wsnt specifically named mld like when you find dle,,,s  site,,they had marine and motor bike engines there as well,,and i didnt see any other brand engine there but the had several other products non rc related ,,im just wondering if it was another seller ,,i also found several other chinese companies selling mt engines,,,so its possible i may correct myself on mt ,s failing butsness in america but maybe not in asia,,i see them offered but dosent mean they are available either,,i can say this for sure theres so much stuff coming out of china its confusing and you can bet if we pay 400,00 for an engine here it only cost about 175.00 over there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i wouldn't be scared to say that 175.00 is on the high side.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and i wouldnt disagree,ive witnessed aluminum break like plastic,from junk over there,,and speaking of plastic,,they must go out in the ocean and scoop up whatever is floating around out there and melt it down and make crap to sell to us...bad part is we buy it....

You guys keep beating a dead horse. You want a 70 twin? Look at the Mintor 75 and look high end quality in the eye. You won't get it for cheap but you'll get something good.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi t.o.m. i agree wholeheartedly,on both comments,i think i admitted to the dead horse parallela ways back,and yes mintor is a very fine engine and alot of overkill on machining and looks for alot of money,but i am quite curious about the mld ,,you know allready,,a few from china ,may actually implement some degree of qc and testing prior to shipping,,things are so secretive or convoluted with manufacturers to keep profits over there,,the engine may be from korea ..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dead horse sure is a fact. (See my sig line - I am enlightened)

Some time after April 30 - May 3 you will see all the "NEW", "Improved", "We can do it better than the previous guys did it" and "Best in Class" Engines from China being imported and "Distributed" by this years new batch of suckers (who will most likely lose a lot of time and money on the deal).

That date is the Beijing Model show and there is bound to be a bunch of new suckers emerge.

Most of the actual manufacturers (and there are very few of those that actually make engines) only make models engines as a small part of their business. Industrial Engines are much easier for them. Industrial engines have forced air cooling, Usually get fed a lot of oil in the mix, only need to run flat out and don't get tinkered with like we do on our model engines.

Companies such as MLD (Also known as "Melody Industrial") and SV (The main actual manufacturers of about 75% of the cheap engines on the market) are most likely too busy right now filling orders for other industries to bother with RC Engines. Of course they will no doubt have plenty their RC product represented by PYT's with long eyelashes waiting in Beijing to snare the "UOM" into becoming the next "Distributor" for them.
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ignitions. What a joke. Buy twenty RCexl for $17.00 each is what Keith Baker told me. Since I can buy them for less than $50.00 shipped retail I guess it's true.

The Mintor 75 is much heavier and powerful than a 55 or 60 single whereas the MT70 was about the same.

4.9 ibs 8.5 hp but very compact. So tell me, has anyone posting to this forum run one?

http://www.topdawgaviation.com/Engin.../75cc/75cc.php
    a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i havent for sure theres no way im paying that kind of money unless i had it to burn,,,but just by trying to find melody engines in china ,,who pops up in my searches?? tommy selling melody engines claiming to be the manufacturer,,by my searches it took me to the mld spe thread ,,they are all in cahoots together,,this is becoming more obvious as i become educated ,,that whats being done in china,is parts come from several sources the cheapest bidder of course ,,then an unskilled person assembles and in the box it goes,,then some poor dealer gets stuck with leaking seals bearings mis aligned and missing parts,while the alphabet brand owner is buisy selling another pallet of junk,,what mintor does is maybe have the crank made by a high end shop while their skilled machinist does a fantastic job,then its competently assembled and tested,,i know quality and value,as opposed to price,,theese forums are exposing bad and educating ,the slow learners like me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ps ,,at 500 plus over the mt 70 for 5 more cc,,i know and real quality,,,its prohibitive,,and im working with 30 percenters for now,,and i had pointed out to tommy way back as using the mintor as a model to base ,,quality upon,,not to copy ,,and ,,its allmost certain this is where our friend who makes the exhaust for the mt70 got his idea,,which wasnt a bad idea afterall,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So you are noticing a "thickening plot"?

Ok, Next time you speak to Tomy - ask him if he ever used to work for the manufacturer of MLD / SPE (Exactly the same company).

Might help you unravel the plot a little further. You may also notice that a lot of Tomys earlier offerings also had similarities with some of the other "Industrial and transport" products.

Here is a Typical schedule of the making of a Chinese businessman

1 - Works for another company - even makes his way up to a supervisory or management level.
    2 - sees the profits that can be made
    3 - does "private deals" with some of the customers
    4 - sets up his own business (usually by farming the work out to low cost providers he has met along the way)
    5 - is now a "succesful" businessman

and then along comes the next one.

This isn't only applicable to engines - it is across most industries (the scary part is they are also making complete airliners over there now and a lot of parts for "the other company"). One of the most popular RC Airframe manuifacturers is actually quite proud that he was the factory manager for another brand and took the designs (and some customers) with him when he departed (Right Tony?).
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

You guys keep beating a dead horse. You want a 70 twin? Look at the Mintor 75 and look high end quality in the eye. You won't get it for cheap but you'll get something good.
    You're close to the route I took Pat. I went with a ZDZ 80 twin. One of the things about it that appealed to me was it's light weight. Only 1750g or something like that. It is going on an AMR Giant Stick which I am hoping to keep under 22lbs. AMR was extremely nice to me and gave me a nice deal on it even after I was ready to pay them retail for it. It is another company I have nothing but good to say about. You don't hear about them much on the forums but they are a great.
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You hit the nail on the hammer Steve, as in the SPE42>>>>>>>MT42.
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Mintor is too heavy for the average 30% plane. It would fit most 30% cowls easily but the extra weight would effect stall speed dramatically and increase landing loads. It is recommended for 75cc size planes, 90 to 96" wingspans.

It would be great in a 75cc Aeroworks Extra 260, but why not get a 100cc plane, a DLE 111 and get it over with. It would cost less and you might have a better flying plane.

The Mintor engine would be the ultimate 1/3 scale Cub on floats motor.
    a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast