Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

so if i use this ibec i just need one batt pack on the plane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey thanks fo your help.. i just order one...i hope i works

Here is the power consumption for the ignition unit.

0.35 amps at idle @ 6.0 volts regulated
    0.67 amps at full throttle @ 6.0 volts regulated

Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so how many fligts should i get in a 6 v batt pack?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can get one of these
    http://www.sdshobby.net/lipo-regulat...is1phl7ioa7762

any many more stuff. there have great cutomer service and deleivery times

What is the capacity of the pack ?
    Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2300 m amps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, with this one you will still need two packs. I use a 2200mah 6v nimh pack for ignition, and a 4.8v 2200mah pack for receiver. I had 5 long flights the other day on my Cub and the battery monitor was indicating yellow, time to recharge. I was also using a smaller prop, so had higher RPM's than normal, as an experiment to see how the engine would run on a 14x6.

BP Hobbies does sell a doohicky that allows you to use one battery for both. Not familiar with it, but it looks good on the website.

I would suggest, ISH, that you make sure your battery is fully charged. If it is old, get a new one, probably a LiFe would be best.

Kenpilot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for your info...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this is a test. i am trying to do this. if you read this let me know. opol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i can read it..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello there, can you tell me where can i purchase one of these RCGF engines. I'm interested in 15cc? Can you post links where i can buy it. And one more, is there any dealer of these engines for Europe. Thanks for help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can get a RCG engine frm Hobbyking
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...HP_1_54kw.html

this is the same engine as the RCGF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im not having a good luck with the 15 cc.... my cdi... is something wrong,now the carb.. start leaking fuel thruu the choke hole.... im disapoined

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This project is so frustrating that I put it aside for a while. It has been over a year now, And I have tried various remedies for my radio interference problem, but nothing works. The latest thing I tried was using 2.4 Ghz, but even that did not help, all the servos went nuts and froze when the engine was revved up. Someone said that the little LED on-board voltmeters cause issues, so I removed that too, which solved nothing. If I only idle the engine, everything works fine. The trouble only starts when I rev it up. What should I try next? The engine starts and runs great. I just wish I could make it fly an airplane!
    Open rocker arms and single stick radios forever!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you have a hose clamp on the spark plug shield can and are you absolutely sure the plug shield is all the way on? Mine take a lot of force to fully install. I would expect you've already checked all the typical sources of RFI.
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey there, gasoline powered motor produce much more interference so first you need to separate you ignition system(CDI) at least 30 cm from you radio reciver, even if you have 2,4Ghz system. Best way to do that is to install CDIinto cowl and make sure to protect CDI from vibration produced from engine( place on sponge or rubber and attach on firewall). Second make sure that on trottle rod you have ball links on each side of the rod, this will prevent interference too.

Place some picture here how you done your engine and cdi installation so we can see where is problem. Try to do what i said and report here is it work. Best of luck !!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with what Disljenko says. Separate by as much distance as possible your ignition system and battery, switches, etc from your receiver, receiver battery and switches, etc. Cushion the ignition with foam and secure as far forward as possible.

My RCGF 15cc has been somewhat of a challenge, but now that all the kinks are worked out on my Cub installation, the engine has been ultra reliable and fun to run. My big challenge now is how to make it quieter. Have decided to run a bigger prop to lower the RPM, and try to fit a different muffler. Canister will not work on my Lanyu Cub, just won't fit. In order to use the pitts mufflers offered by BP Hobbies, I'll have to extend the standoffs to get more clearance to the firewall. Have also gone away from Coleman fuel to a pre blended mixture calle d Trufuel for more consistent fuel.

Flew this setup on Skis a couple weeks ago when we had a little snow in NJ. Engine ran very well, no problems and an abundance of fun.

Good luck with your interference problem. YOu should not be having an issue with it if your installation is separated, or just maybe you need to replace your ignition box? One other idea, make sure your prop/engine combo does not result in super high RPM's...Shoot for a 14x8 or 15x8...just my opinion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Small update on CDI mount....here is a good example what i said earlier. This is RCGF 50cc Chears !!!

ORIGINAL: Kenpilot

I agree with what Disljenko says. Separate by as much distance as possible your ignition system and battery, switches, etc from your receiver, receiver battery and switches, etc. Cushion the ignition with foam and secure as far forward as possible.

My RCGF 15cc has been somewhat of a challenge, but now that all the kinks are worked out on my Cub installation, the engine has been ultra reliable and fun to run. My big challenge now is how to make it quieter. Have decided to run a bigger prop to lower the RPM, and try to fit a different muffler. Canister will not work on my Lanyu Cub, just won't fit. In order to use the pitts mufflers offered by BP Hobbies, I'll have to extend the standoffs to get more clearance to the firewall. Have also gone away from Coleman fuel to a pre blended mixture calle d Trufuel for more consistent fuel.

Flew this setup on Skis a couple weeks ago when we had a little snow in NJ. Engine ran very well, no problems and an abundance of fun.

Good luck with your interference problem. YOu should not be having an issue with it if your installation is separated, or just maybe you need to replace your ignition box? One other idea, make sure your prop/engine combo does not result in super high RPM's...Shoot for a 14x8 or 15x8...just my opinion.

Greetings Kenpilot,

Ihave been scouting around for a gas engine to replace an OS61FX installed on H9 UltraStick. Have given consideration to this engine but have received advise to stay away and look at either DLE 20 or the RCGF 20 as they are way better. Can you share some details on what you refer to as "all the kinks" in your post above? Iwould prefer to make an informed decision about the replacement engine rather than base same on unspecified details from persons who have no experience operating the engine.

Thanks

DaleD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi.... im glad you have your 15 cc rcgf working.. mine is just sitting in a box...i need a new ignition.... any other brand... of cdi.... can you suggest me ..? thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To misfit. I'm assuming you are using a Sullivans Rod throttle pushrod or something similar (eg not metal or carbon fibre for the throttle rod). Also check to make sure that the spark plug lead is not leaning against any metal etc (wrap in insulating tape if necessary).

Normally, interference will occur at all revs, including idle, so it is curious that yours only does it when you open the throttle. It might imply that the throttle assembly is touching metal or something as it moves.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know we have all been snakebit by the RFI problems we had on 72 with the PPM systems but I have been doing some tests on 2.4 with a Turnigy gas ignition system I have and I find that it is simply not affected by ignition RFI.
    I set the ignition out with an unshielded spark plug lead and an unshielded spark plug with no resister in the lead next to my 2.4 system. I drove the ignition system from a function generator I have that allows me to run the spark repetition rate up to the point where it will no longer work. It don't have time to charge the coil at a high rate of speed.
    The 2.4 system did not wiggle a bit.
    I think you probably have a component that is loose in your radio system and vibration causes it to make intermittent contact. Switches are notorious for doing this.
    dirty old men need love too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

double post
    dirty old men need love too.

ORIGINAL: dirtybird
    I think you probably have a component that is loose in your radio system and vibration causes it to make intermittent contact. Switches are notorious for doing this.
    +!

check all your electrical connections from battery right through to the ignition and the receiver. try bypassing everything and connecting the battery directly and see what happens.

DaleD

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast