Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Who makes a 2 cycle gas inline twin??

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Who makes a 2 cycle gas inline twin??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:47 PM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Who makes a 2 cycle gas inline twin??

HI Guys, I know the thread is old but just picked up a nice 104 inline engine from sachs dolmar.  It is going into a p-51 giant and to cool I am doing a relatively simple thing. I am making the ram scoop pick up air as the plane moves and am redirecting it into the  cowl so it forces cool air over the rear cylinder especially. Once finished there should be no problem keeping the thing cool.  The idea comes from the guy I bought the engine from and it is a great idea. It is a form of baffling for sure and it is pretty simple to do. Just build a foam, hollow intake and pipe it forward. You can reinforce the foam with glass if you wish and all in all it adds very little weight to the plane. If interested let me know and as I build it I will take pics for you and post them here or send to your email. The idea should be sound and even on the ground the prop wash moves a tremendous amount of air under the plane so even taxi and bench testing should move a great quantity of volume. If anyone else has done this let me know please....
Thanks
Dave
Old 01-10-2014, 04:44 PM
1percenta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macka,
I know this is an old thread, but do you have the 3w still and is it for sale I'm after one for a 1/4 Stuka.
Thanks mate.
Mick
Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 PM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do still have it. what would you offer for it? Keeping in mind shipping is on you of course. I was wrong on the size I think. THe specs mike out to being somewhere around 80 - 90 cc.

Thanks much
Dave
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM
1percenta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,
Thanks for getting back to me, I dont know how to make you an offer as they haven't made them for awhile and there's no prices for them. I could contact our 3W dealer and find out what they were worth or maybe you could do the same in the states. Freights not a problem I buy stuff from Di Giorgio all the time, pity I didn't think of this one earlier I was in Florida a few months ago. Not to worry, see what you think.
Regards
Mick

The only thing is it needs to be a 150cc this is a large plane.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:07 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

DA 100 inline in a CARF P51 with the Baffle kit from CARF

Old 09-29-2021, 06:12 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, impressive. Anxiously awaiting a flight report. I think this warbird bug has bit you in a big and expensive way!!