Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle
    Wine Flowers and dinner , my dear friend , and also , doing something she has asked you to do 1000 time,s do it
    Sounds very much like you have mastered the art of negotions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Yep,........................... It,s called ,............... HONEY DO,S,............

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Yep,........................... It,s called ,............... HONEY DO,S,............

Michel
    That'll work but not as well as " YES DEAR" then You can always add "RIGHT AWAY DEAR"[sm=shades_smile.gif]
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tseres

Hi

Michel
    That'll work but not as well as '' YES DEAR'' then Yo can always add ''RIGHT AWAY DEAR''[sm=shades_smile.gif]

You can also say::: " Close your pie hole woman, I'm going flying" ( just don't say it out loud )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok
    Answer to the queries (of which there have been many).

I am in the process of concluding "negotiations" with the (soon to be) new owners of the YD-A brand of engines.

They will no doubt be making a statement soon. I can not say too much but it is someone you all know and trust.

For personal reasons, I am handing the manufacture of the engines over to new owners who will take the product to the next step for you all.

I can not give you a lot of detail right now but what will happen is this

1 - instead of seeing "millions" of posts about how great their service is - you will most likely see very few posts. Why is this?
    Because unlike a couple of other companies (one of whom is quoted on well over half of the Gas engine forum posts these days in one way or another with their various brands of engine) - you wont be sold a crappy product then be lucky enough to experience "great service".

What will happen instead is that you will get good product right from the start and not need that "Great service". Of course "Sh$t happens" sometimes and you can be guaranteed that on the rare occassions that you do need it - the service will in fact be Fantastic and amongst the best you have ever seen.

2 - Instead of paying a very large cost for shipment from Australia to the USA for the finished article, you will see a reduction in price due to manufacture being done "much much closer to home".

3 - I will still be involved behind the scenes occassionally as a "consultant".

4 - Henry will still be the main contact for North America

5 - Ari Wil remain the main contact for Australia.

6 - You will not see the usual "Asian business model" where there will be a lot of "distributors" competing in the same market.

This is being done for personal reasons and to ensure that you guys - the flying public will continue to get world class engines at the right price.

Watch this space for further information.
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will this more than likely be pushing back the delivery date? I'm almost out of drool.[]
    Stangevil29

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Steve. This caught even me off guard. I didn't see this coming.
    Don't keep us in the dark for long. I'm not a very happy camper right now.
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think this is a positive thing for you guys over there in the US.
    If the manufacturing of the engines moves over to you, price should come down but the product is still the same, just locally manufactured.
    Anyone who has been involved with import of goods or any business where goods are freighted from one continent to another will know how big a part of product price freight and import levys play.

Knowing Steve as I do, he will still be instrumental in designs and have strong input into the product. After all, these engines are Steve's development and his baby
    We will continue selling YD-A and JC engines in the Australia / New Zealand market. The lineup is pretty good, 28cc, 56cc, 112cc and we are still expecting to see more sizes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Henry will still be the main contact for North America

Whoooooppppiiiiiiii ,................[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ari

I'm glad to read what you just said. That tells me that the product will definitely will continue.
    The problem is that we are back to the waiting game again. I thought we were close to not having to wait much longer for the new product to come out.
    I know of a lot of people that are anxious for the new sizes to come out.
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem finding manufacturers. Everyone wants to be a Distributor selling large numbers to dealers. NO one wants to be the Long Term end seller(Dealer) for gas engines and be stuck with a small percentage profit to take back all returns, do warrenty work, listen to the whining and crying(a right of a customer). Kinda like the old kid's game Hot Potato. Hot Potato,Hot Potato, Who gets stuck holding the Hot Potato?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this new place going to be near Champaign Illinois?
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ari

I'm glad to read what you just said. That tells me that the product will definitely will continue.
    The problem is that we are back to the waiting game again. I thought we were close to not having to wait much longer for the new product to come out.
    Ditto Tseres. I actually pre-ordered one but, had to cancel it. (CC# got stolen on-line). I put off ordering any other brands for the two planes I have awaiting engines for two months now. Although now is more or less the building season for most people in my area (100+ degrees two weeks straight and no end in sight), I enjoy flying whenever I get a rare chance to do so. What a bummer this is turning out to be.
    Stangevil29

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see no signs that product development isn't continuing. It may not be at the speed we would wish for but I think Steve nailed it in his post where he said that he doesn't want to come out with a half-ar*ed product and then use the customers to debug it, like we have seen with some of the much discussed imported engines.
    I am aware that there has been ongoing flight testing of prototypes and several enhancements gone in as a consequence.

We all want to buy top quality engines at the lowest possible price so there is a great deal of pressure here. There are also commercial considerations to take into account. Engine development and prototyping is not a cheap excercise and becomes even more expensive when the bar is set high. This is all in a climate where you can pick up an el-cheapo imported engine at throwaway price.
    The existing sizes (56cc and 112cc) have set an excellent benchmark that needs to be met or exceeded by the new engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have developed a pretty good relationship with Henry. Because of that I' have grown found of Steve. Knowing that he will still be involved is a good thing. The main reason why I got on board with this engine was that I liked the direction that it was taking. Now we will have to see who the new owner is going to be and what he will do to continue it.
    I guess we'll find out soon enough. I hope they Iron Out the business end of it soon for our sake.

Henry, Steve or who ever else is in the know. A little more info right now wouldn't hurt.
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok - sorry about the bombshell

Some further information

Yes - the new sizes will be with you very very soon.

Yes, I remain a consultant to the project.

Yes, The bar ia set very high for quality and performance and I have so many other things going on in my life at the moment that I can not afford the time to produce the perfection that any new engine needs to have.

As has already been noted many times. There are plenty of other brands of "new products" from other manufacturers that went out for the customers to test. Heck the customers didn't even realise they were testing them out and some were even so kind about it that they then proceeded to post just how great the selers service was when what they should have been saying was the product they got was actually pretty crappy in the first place.

Contractually I can not say who the new money behind the "YD-A" brand are but what I can confirm is that the front man is Henry and that will continue to be the case. This is a contractual commitment in fact and the only person who can break that is Henry himself as he has also been very instrumental behind the product.
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Then.
    I'm sure Henry will tell us as soon as he can.
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey All

Guess you heard the news that coming!!!
    Lots of cool stuff developing and needing my attentions so I have been a little quiet on the blogs.

As Steve has mentioned, he will be handing over the reins of the YD engines over to another party. That party is me........
    So what does that mean to the YD engines.... nada......everything is and will be proceeding as before. We are coming out with some real nice engines very shortly.

Yes there are definitely going to be changes - from the organization point of view... not the design. The current YD-A 56 and YD-A 112 engines are still coming from Steve for the foreseeable future.(up until we organize ourselves here). The new engine line up will not be.
    We will be organizing that from here.

As you know, Steve has been prototyping/running the engines since last November/December. They have been to hell and back. He has run the engines to exhaustion. The engines have been flown by dozens of other rc pilots too - IMAC, scale, Fun Fly, sunday fliers.... everyone and anyone that can use the sticks.

If you recall that waaaaaaaay back when Steve started running the engines he stated that he wanted at least 50 hours of run/flight time on each size design - the videos are here New engines Flying Vids ...... Well..... he got it and surpassed the hours - by a long margin. The designs have proven themselves out. And they rock.....The specs he designed into them are most definitely best in class.

He took the knowledge from the 56cc and 122cc designs and integrated them into the new ones too.

So where are we now. .... We are at the Logistics part of the process. He and I and others are in the process of passing the "reins". Steve is not leaving...he is simply putting on another hat. His knowledge, skills and developmental abilities are legendary - and these will be capitalized on for many years to come......

So WHEN are the new engines coming... Originally, they were slated for a June introduction. That time has obviously passed. I will be traveling to Oz in the couple of weeks to finalize and wind things up. I am expecting to have production ready units in my hands in late July/ early August for final run up and manufacturing approval/start up. If all things are well... late August will see the warehouses get their stocks. The strategy is to bring only one engine size out at a time. Steve and I are keeping that an open secret ( hint - between 36 - 42cc), for several more weeks.. lol...

The pricing matrix will change too... And NO ONE will be disappointed with that... That is a guarantee..... (read that as extremely competitive pricing for engines that will kick ass ). Oh.. and they will run... then won't die when tilted... they won't leak, and no empty promises about performance either. Anyone that has our engine now.... expect MORE of the same + a lot MORE

The dealer network will most definitely get a winning deal too. We will be contacting them individually over the next little while to let them know all the good news and stuff. Ari - you will be grinning. I am going to visit you personally when in Aussieland...Get the beer in the fridge....

More details and pics will be coming shortly....

Cheers
    Henry

RC Aero Products LLC - Home of the YD Aero & JC Engines, HiFly Models, XOAR Propellers
    www.rcaer.com Tel: 888.239.8593

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's great news!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took the Extra with the YD-A 56 out on Friday and made a whole flight with it by myself. Everyone was busy with their own planes and didn't want to fly. That in itself is unique among us. What was real unique was that later on Bob and Bill hooked up my radio with a trainer chord to a mode one radio. I fly mode two. And it worked. My other flying buddy Mike discovered this and it allows the better pilots to help people on ether modes. What it also allows is for your friends on another mode to fly your plane and see how they like it.
    We hav JR and Spectrum Radios and and they also work if you mix them.
    Another unique thing was that I flew 3 planes other then mine and never flew mine for the rest of the day.
    Does anyone know if the Trainer hook up works the same way on the Futaba?
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Henry - I'm glad to hear you are the one taking it over, as I know the quality will continue with you.  I look forward to hearing the future news and releases

www.RedwingRC.com

Specializing in 30cc Planes that Fly Much Bigger!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great news Henry. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Told ya you would like the news

It makes sense for this to happen. The main customers are "over there" where you guys are.

Henry - I thought you were releasing the one between 37.5cc and 40.5cc first

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Told ya you would like the news

It makes sense for this to happen. The main customers are ''over there'' where you guys are.

Henry - I thought you were releasing the one between 37.5cc and 40.5cc first
    [sm=omg_smile.gif]He told me not to be to hasty and rip the sticker off of my Cowl on the Extra. It makes sense now.
    It is safe to say that the next one will be between 37.5 and 38.5 cc.[sm=wink_smile.gif] I guess.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
    Old Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[sm=47_47.gif]

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast