Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

LOL just for you Tom I will make sure to post some sunny cold Florida flying videos. It is just getting to that time of year when it is nice to go flying. usually it is so hot that no one want to go to the field.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: RedwingRC

Hey Tom

I do have some skis and will be doing a winter fun land video if we get some good snow this year!

maybe I'll mount a banner to the back that says Merry Christmas! LOL

Het Tim. Don't be greedy and let me have those skis and I'll drive over and go flying with you guys.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

Old TOM, What size skies do you need?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

Old TOM, What size skies do you need?
Whatever fits a 25% Sboch.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 PM
RedwingRC

If you lived closer I would definitly share them  

If I don't think I'll use them this year, or maybe after I do, I'll send them your way to borrow
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
CGAV8R
My Feedback: (2)

Yup, Chucks place. Anytime man, just let me know.

aaron
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: RedwingRC

If you lived closer I would definitly share them

If I don't think I'll use them this year, or maybe after I do, I'll send them your way to borrow
Yeah, sharing is nice. But even if you share then we still can't fly together so what's the use.
If you send them to me I can copy them and send yours back. I'm pretty handy with a tig and can make them out of aluminum.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
RedwingRC

I can certainly do that.  Do you really want me to?  I'd be happy to send them out
Old 10-13-2010, 03:49 AM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

OLD TOM, If you PM me your email add I'l show you what I have.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

OLD TOM, If you PM me your email add I'l show you what I have.
Thanks

PM sent.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All
Here is sneak peak at the YD Aero 60cc JC EVO series of engines.

A new blog specifically on the engine will be starting shortly, but I wanted to give you all a small, tiny, weeny, heads up.

The 60cc was shown for the first time at MONSTER PLANES over the weekend.
Some of the details..
1. In the pics you see a 4 bolt prop hub... This is an option.... the normal configuration will be a single nut prop attachment. This is only for the YD Aero 60cc JC series of engines.
2. Rings - USA
3. Bearings - USA
4. Bolts - USA
5. Walbro carb
6. Ignition - RCEXL
7. NGK spark plug
8. Pitts Muffler - Standard with all engines

and the best part of all of this........

7. Assembly of the engine - USA....yup... all the YD Aero engines will be assembled here in the USA.

We are sourcing and using as many USA suppliers and parts as possible. We will sourcing and manufacturing more parts here shortly too....
We have instituted some very serious quality assurance and control plans here and with the suppliers to ensure our customers will receive the best product and a best in class engine.

Videos and performance specs will be forthcoming in the new blog.....
Oh... the 23cc and 38cc are coming along nicely... If you re-read above... you can see how these engines will be built also.....

We are doing the final production and parts sign offs shortly for the 60cc.

Cheers
Henry

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38599.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1515861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71635.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1515862  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 AM
RedwingRC

That is great news!  I'm very excited to see this one in person.  Having it assembled in the USA is great to get some of the productivity back in the states is very nice to hear, and the fact that you have more quality control that way is a HUGE bonus to the cusomter. 

whens the due date of this baby?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: Piston

and the best part of all of this........

7. [b]Assembly of the engine - USA
Yeah. That is the rumor I was referring to a few posts back.
Not a rumor any more.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 AM
plane addicts

I got to see this motor at Monster Planes and it sure looks like a nice motor. I really liked how you can either run a single bolt or you can install 4 on the prop. The machining is also well done like all of the YD Aero products. I hope I will be able to play with one soon Keep up the good work henry.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Piston

Hey Guys
The sign off engines should be in our hands early next week.

To let the guys know what that means...
I have mentioned this here before and I will mention it again.....

The engine is an awesome engine. But the proof is in the running... We will have 3 independent teams running the engine. The goal is to run the engine in 3 different environments and run them to their limits and report.

They will be confirming the following items
1. Quality of build.
2. Performance aspects.

They will have a number of tasks to perform and all of us will do these concurrently and independently. All three teams will report results and if there is no consensus among us then the engine will not be released... period... until the non conformance items are detailed and corrected.... The end users will get a best in class engine period.. no excuses.....no compromise...

THEN once all this is done (we figure about 2 weeks), the engines will go on sale.... This exercise will be repeated for the 23cc and the 38cc engines... (These are REALLY cool engines and best in class too...)

Cheers
Henry

Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Q500RC

I'm going to have to start this post out with an apology to all the good folks in this thread
I enjoy reading there posts but this just has to be said!

I just read the recent posts and I see where jedijody was actually speaking to someone a
vendor about ethics! Now you want to speak about BS there is some real BS!!! After the
dishonest way you did me on my DLE30 you have absolutely no right to call anyone down
on ethics!!!

Henry on the other hand has stood behind the sale of his product and his word even when
as we all know in here that follows the thread that he had to replace the JC 28 V1 for many
of us with the JC28 V2 at his own expense! And I might add with good people skills and
honesty from the get go!!

So please spare us your dishonest rhetoric in this thread!!! Thank You!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
trpastor

Most honest people who were reading that exchange could read the hearts of the posters. I have seen some pretty great intentions and customer service from Henry. And Bambi's mom always said, if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything. So I will only speak of Henry and how great he has been to customers and others.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Ditto!  Henry and I go way back, good man, cheerful always!  Helped me lots when he didn't have to.[8D]
Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Tseres

I got something new and shiny. It's one of those old 56s. Worked on the throttle linkage and the choke rod. Just getting ready to put it into my friend Bobs Yak to break it in. Will be reporting soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47302.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1516246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35206.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1516247  
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM
mnourse26

hey guys,

iam new to gas engines and the fourm, but have some problems. I have a jc 28 engine and all ready had it replaced once great service. But heres my problem i cant start my engine with out a starter till its warm. Also when i go to full throttel and then go back to idle it dips way down and dies. And to top it all off if i just let it idle for like 30 sec or more it just dies out....but yet if i give it just some power like a quarter thottle she runs all day. any help would be great thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
aussiesteve

Hey mnourse26

Simple things first - tuning.
If necessary start again on the needles 1 3/4 turns out on both, start the engine, let it warm up for a minute or so, run it to full throttle, Lean the high needle until the revs start to drop (adjust it slowly and little bits at a time) then open it up about 1/8th of a turn. Now go and adjust the low needle until you get reasonable transition.

If the problem continues after that - it will be one of the following problems.

1 - The carb pump diaphragm needs to be changed. D10 kit contains the right diaphragm, The natural rubber ones (black ones) seem to be a real problem. use either an acetate (blue) one or a Teflon (tan) one.

2 - The carb mount bolts have been overtightened and the rubber gasket (which is more than just a gasket) has extruded out of the joint between the reed carrier and the spacer. Take the carb and reeds off. check that the reeds are all sitting on their mounts correctly (and sitting closed) use a little bit of red silicone (I like Permatex Ultra copper but the loctite one is good too) and apply a very small amount on the gaskets. also apply a drop of loctite on the mounting bolts. Then reinstall the carb and reed assembly but do not wrench down on the bolts. Just snug them down and watch the rubber gasket / Holder for the reeds - if it starts to extrude out of the joint - you are going too tight.

Seen this problem before and one or the other of these things has solved it every time.

As for Henry? - Great Bloke - but Damn he's ugly
Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

If youre gonna get a cloned cylinder (G26) why not just use the cylinder from a DLE 30? You wouldn't need the plate to cover the piston port hole in the side, and it would be stronger...I KNOW about DLEs and G26s and JC 28s, I have all three here ........The DLE is stronger.....
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 AM
plane addicts

Guys I realize that drama in the trend was not called for. I apologize that it happened on this forum or in a forum for that matter. I hate getting into conflicts with others as it is a pointless activity that never leads to anything productive in this hobby. Some of you know me and some of you have never heard of me lol. However, I try to be as honest as they come and laid back at the same time.

With that said do I fly Henry's motors YES. Is it because I like them YES. Do I promote companies I believe in and like YES. That is how I choice to represent myself and my company. I fly what I sell and believe in what I fly. I hope the people that have never meet or talked to me understad how I choice to operate and that I choice to put myself in the buyers shoes.

A LIE WILL GET YOU A SALE. THE TRUTH AND FRIENDLY ADVICE WILL GET YOU SALES FOR LIFE.

Thanks
Tom

P.S. Henry it is always nice to fly and sell your products. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to your 60.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Piston

Hey Antique

I would challenge you on the comparison of the JC 28 and DLE 30cc in terms of "stronger". You really need to revisit the JC 28cc, and not talk about your historic tales of years ago. The engine I think that you have is an older V1 model. The V2 is vastly superior. Plus your close association with a bitter ex JC dealer puts a negative spin on your comments with me anyway.

And who really cares about the side plate??? The JC 28cc doe exactly + a lot more in terms of performance. We have LOTS of happy and very surprised customers who never realize that such a small compact and well built engines could offer performance levels for such a reasonable price.
Gee cloned cylinders....hmmmm.... I bet that I can list another 10 engine manufacturers that use cloned cylinders....I can start with any letter of the alphabet and go forward or backward.... Many manufacturers have OR do use cylinder designs "borrowed" from others. The success secret is HOW you use them to your advantage. The JC 28cc does that quite nicely thank you.

The JC 28cc engine has companies like ESM (and even some of their aircraft designers) shaking their heads in disbelieve when they see a 20 pound WW2 LA-7 warbird flying with extreme authority. [link]http://www.youtube.com/user/PAA2FLY#p/a/u/1/WTkXHLylC-M[/link]
They swear it flies like it has a 50cc engine in it. Mr. XOAR himself (Steve Thomas) the owner of the plane, flies this plane most every weekend at scale rally's and fun fly's. And there are many other stories like his with this engine.

RCU has reviewed the JC 28cc several times (alone) and along with an Airframe ( [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgKs...er_embedded]JC 28cc and AeroWorks Cessna 195 [/link] ). A 16 pound airframe, a beautiful model and extremely well built).
The JC 28cc is a hidden jewel of an engine.

The engine is built extremely well too. In comparison with other engine lines that I have a lot of experience with, my warranty returns on this engine are basically zero for factory induced issues. Oh and I stand behind my engines too.

The DLE 30 had a severe tilt problem. (This of course has been corrected with its new version of the 30cc - but more than a year AFTER the problem was identified.) I did not see distributors or dealers taking these engines back and refunding monies to any of their customers for a product that did not perform as advertised. And this is extremely well documented too on RCU. It took a DLE customer doing the smart thing and actually resolving the problem and THEN designing the part, manufacturing the part for cost, selling it to current DLE owners as an after market part. That did correct the tilt problem -for that version. What was that about???? I would say it was QC and design....... But you only want to compare your version of a "power" comparison, and that comment is invalidated here.

The JC 28cc does stand tall and its quality and performance envelope is outstanding. PLUS for the cost of the engine with a true WALBRO carb and NGK spark plug, the value for modelers is quite high. The engine is a great piece of work and it shows and I am quite proud to market them AS THEY ARE, side plate and all. You can pay more and even a lot more for other engine brands, but for what this engine offers - cost/value/performance - it is a best in class product. Oh... did I also mention that soon.. the JC 28 will be assembled in the USA - using USA sourced parts?

Over and out
Henry

Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: mnourse26

hey guys,

iam new to gas engines and the fourm, but have some problems. I have a jc 28 engine and all ready had it replaced once great service. But heres my problem i cant start my engine with out a starter till its warm. Also when i go to full throttel and then go back to idle it dips way down and dies. And to top it all off if i just let it idle for like 30 sec or more it just dies out....but yet if i give it just some power like a quarter thottle she runs all day. any help would be great thanks
You can also try to keep your Idle set above 2000 RPM while its new. I have a lot of flights on mine now and set the Idle Trim by ear. Try using an 18-6 Xoar prop it will help with slowing your plane down with landing but won't hurt your top end performance. You just have to break it in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.