Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Rc Aero 28 cc

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:09 AM
6inarow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc Aero 28 cc

I am going to put this in a new post because not everyone will read a 200+ page post to find out what an incredibly awesome little engine this is, I got one from Henry right after Thanksgiving and mounted it on my 13 lb golberg ultimate bipe 60.5 spinning a vess 18x6. I am on my 5th tank of fuel and have the tuning dialed in per henrys recommendations. This little engine in a powerhouse, Unlimited vertical already, and I mean straight up until its a little dot in the sky! I had some doubts this little engine would be enough, I had nothing to worry about and henry told me that over and over. I am not a gas engine pro, I have not owned alot of them, but I can say in my opinion this is the best bang for the buck out there, smooth, easy to tune and start, sooooooo easy! any way Henry is not paying me for this (although another 28 for a reduced price would be fine ) So these are the words from a very satisfied customer and I will not own any other engine from this date on. take it for what its worth but to me its worth its weight in gold! Thanks henry and thanks to the board for all the awsome information on this forum.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM
trpastor

Default RE: Rc Aero 28 cc

I just stumbled upon this post looking for the long one! But I have to agree with everything posted. I was REALLY impressed by the power and there are no issues to be found with it as of yet. Unlike the D**30, this one keeps running at idle etc. I had to get my needles set right and I had some trouble getting it to start the first time becuase the carb is dry from facotry( this is normal of course) but now it starts as easy as my DA 50.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:12 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

www.magnumrc.com is another source you can purchase the JC28, there is a lot of other wonderful support products for KMP modelers and technical information as well. try it.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I'll stay with Henry, can't beat what he has done for the products we get.

Andy
Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey AJaToyz
Hey flytaildragger

We are the only distributor of the 28cc in the USA. But we do have dealers coming on line too. Magnum RC is one of our dealers. So in fact you really are getting our engine!!! There will be more announcements coming too in the weeks to come.
So I hope I put your worries to rest. Thanks for your support too!!!!

Cheers fellas
Henry
Old 02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
AJsToyz

Thanks for the heads up Henry!

You know where I'm coming from!!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 AM
JVB

Is a 16x8 prop in the realm of possibility for this engine? I could possibly go with an 18-inch but ground clearance may be an issue. Thanks.

JVB
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Piston

Hey JVB

Try going with a larger pitch on the 16" prop... Try a 16/12 to start!
There is also the option of going to a 3 bladed prop too.

You do have lots of prop options for the 28cc engine.

Cheers
Henry

Old 02-27-2010, 11:47 AM
AJsToyz

You can try a 17x8 too see where that gets you. I had a clearence problem with my 120 Ultra Stick and the 17 was as big as I wanted to go.

http://www.desertaircraft.com/page.php?Page=Xoar
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
CannonFodder
My Feedback: (23)

Hi Guys,

Quik question, I know this is off subject from your thread. Below is a diagram of a setup I have going, am I going to have interference problems? All the testing I have done checks out ok, but when you are in the air Murphy's law kicks into overdrive.

Thanks

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59225.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1390421  
Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Piston

Hey Mark
It looks great to me!!!

1. Do you have any metal to metal contact ie. on the throttle?
2. Ensure the cap is firmly on the spark plug.... Honestly.. it can be power struggle getting the cap on. Ensure that the cap is over the hex nut on the plug. Lots of interference issues come about because of a loose connection here.
3. Do all your connectors have "locks" on them? These are little plastic units that prevent the plugs from disconnecting from one another. Heck even a piece of scotch tape of the connectors works great.

Read this article for even more information
[link=http://www.rcaer.com/pages/Articles_and_Formulas.cfm] Radio Frequency Interference Primer and Checklist[/link] (It is article #2)

Cheers
Henry

Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM
JVB

I will start off by saying that I don't care for the choke setup on the JC 28. Some of the reason is that I am putting it in a smaller plane and there isn't a lot of extra room to work with. I came up with all kinds of solutions that wouldn't work for one reason or another. I finally came up with a simple but effective solution. I put a 2-56 socket head bolt in the hole in the choke arm and a nut behind. I then made a small hole in the cowl so that I can turn the bolt/choke lever with a ball driver. Works great. Of course, I did have to make a small hole in the cowl, but my cowl was so hacked up for this engine that I didn't really care.

JVB
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
CannonFodder
My Feedback: (23)

Hi Henry,

Thanks, I do lock all the connectors during the final check list before I go fly and I do not have any metal to metal connection to the engine all nylon for choke and throttle. Your right on the cap to the spark plug it is hard getting it all the way on, but once it's on it is secure.

Thanks for the reading resource!

BTW, so far that engine is running very well started right up. Now that I am 99.9% sure on my set up time get it up in the air, maybe this Friday 55 degrees and sunny the forcast!!!!

Mark
Old 03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Piston

Hey JVB

Great work!!! Can you take some pics for us and post. I will start a catalog of ideas and make an article out of them for all.

OKAY.. in fact... here is what else I will do......
Post the idea on rcu.... here.... Send me a copy to my email address.... [email protected]

Every workable idea that comes over here and is posted, I will send you a XOAR 18/6 prop for the engine!!!!
This is not a contest, but my way of saying THANKS to the ingenuity of the fellas here.

JVB.. send me your address and once I get everything sorted, I will get the prop out to you.

Cheers guys!!!
Henry
Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
AJsToyz

Henry,

Don't forget the old fall back,3/8" heat shrink!! Great for stuff that you really want to stay together.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20576.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1390466