Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:07 PM
RonsHangar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

Again... This thread is for the 26R, which is a more powerful engine. But to ease someone's mind...Not all 26I engiens are bad. If there were more of them, more posts would be seen from MORE individuals.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
robertwilkerson

And Again I was talking about the 26r and in response to "not all of them being bad" what would be an acceptable number 10%;20%;50% just can not accept the logic that it is acceptable to dispel the facts. End users are not house fly's you swish away we are the $ that make something successful if CRRC has some problem understanding that then it should not take long to see them go away.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
robertwilkerson

Here is some new information to you would be buyers, I just tore down my CRRC 26r less than two quarts have gone through it. The reason was I had a nasty leak at the front leaving black residue all over. This is what I found front bearing not press fit it was spinning in the case, I think this is the same problem on the 26I models looks like it exist on this one also. There is (at least in the exploded drawings) a front oil seal between the front and rear bearings (not mine) yep some one forgot. Looking closer there is a wear grove in the piston skirt didn't quite get the machining right so well just let it wear through, all I can say åœæ*¢ (means stop) think twice before buying this little puppy is going to cost you (a lot more the the retail price). There should be a lemon law for this engine Manufacture.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 PM
robertwilkerson

ORIGINAL: yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: dditch

yearningtofly,
What were wrong with the engines?
Mine does not have many tanks on it but I don't have any issues (yet?)
The one I got from Jim at Agape racing has been an excellent runner and still is.
The ones I got from ibcinyou have all had timing issues, and and ignition issues. And the list of problems goes on.
So for now Im done with the engine line, I have decided to buy engines that will last more than an hour, and buy them from sellers who will back up the warranties when needed.
I cannot agree with you more, have had nothing but problems with every one of the three I have bought Pro?? 26I, 26R, 50r there mission statement reads "buy and engine buy new parts run for and hour buy more new Parts" Where do they get Pro the only thing pro with this engine is many can they sell before they get caught. Save your money buy anything other than CRRC!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

David,
I was wondering where you went? Didn’t know if you went missing or what? I see you changed you user name from gas engines or something like that to yearnin to fly. This is the third time you changed your user name? What's up with that? Thank you for broadcasting your dissatisfaction about crrc engines and going out of your way a few times to make sure everyone knows where you got these from.
I wish you would set the record straight and correct your statements directed at me, I went above and beyond the call of duty trying to make you happy, gave you free parts, free engine, free shipping, etc. etc. And that list goes on. Your the one that stop returning phone calls and emails not me.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 AM
robertwilkerson

robertwilkerson

Here is some new information to you would be buyers, I just tore down my CRRC 26r less than two quarts have gone through it. The reason was I had a nasty leak at the front leaving black residue all over. This is what I found front bearing not press fit it was spinning in the case, I think this is the same problem on the 26I models looks like it exist on this one also. There is (at least in the exploded drawings) a front oil seal between the front and rear bearings (not mine) yep some one forgot. Looking closer there is a wear grove in the piston skirt didn't quite get the machining right so well just let it wear through, all I can say åœæ*¢ (means stop) think twice before buying this little puppy is going to cost you (a lot more the the retail price). There should be a lemon law for this engine Manufacture.

Hey let's take a look inside. The first picture look closely at the front bearing the marks are were it was spinning in the case. The second and forth are were the seal should have been, remove the 3mm screws that strip and taped and install 440 used screw from ez connectors, the last is a brand new muffler the stack broke off 30 seconds in flight you can see the black grime on front thanks to Raven RC they are sending a replacement here's the grove that has worn into the piston skirt keep in mind this is with 2 quarts of 91 octane at 25-1 Dino. The nasty black grime is from electrolysis the aluminum grinding against the inner race of the front bearing could have been avoided by a teflon washer to act as a dielectric. Let me know how yours looks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15324.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	1703021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10683.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1703022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54622.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	1703023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65385.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1703024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85295.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	1703025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70675.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1703026  
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 AM
dogshome

out of curiosity, what does the inside of your backplate look like?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
robertwilkerson

ORIGINAL: dogshome

The back plate has very little wear because the rear bearing retained it's pressed fit to the case, so no end play had yet occured. Keep in mind I had to use a starter when cold. This is another Mod I made to try and get some fuel draw I used silver solder and filled the choke hole.

Name:	Ig13871.jpg
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	1703127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33317.jpg
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	1703128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66969.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1703129  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
robertwilkerson

ORIGINAL: Ibcinyou!

David,
I was wondering where you went? Didn’t know if you went missing or what? I see you changed you user name from gas engines or something like that to yearnin to fly. This is the third time you changed your user name? What's up with that? Thank you for broadcasting your dissatisfaction about crrc engines and going out of your way a few times to make sure everyone knows where you got these from.
I wish you would set the record straight and correct your statements directed at me, I went above and beyond the call of duty trying to make you happy, gave you free parts, free engine, free shipping, etc. etc. And that list goes on. Your the one that stop returning phone calls and emails not me.

I have had very good luck with Mike he has been a great help answering my questions and providing parts support (I did not buy my engines from him) and is one of the only venders that will provide repair for Ebay purchased engines check out his web site. It is not the fault of the Venders blame should rightfully be placed on CRRC quality or lack of it. Like many of us were duped.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
dogshome

ORIGINAL: robertwilkerson

ORIGINAL: dogshome

The back plate has very little wear because the rear bearing retained it's pressed fit to the case, so no end play had yet occured. Keep in mind I had to use a starter when cold. This is another Mod I made to try and get some fuel draw I used silver solder and fulled the choke hole.
Thanks for taking the pics. Mine looked similar after little use i.e. not great
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
robertwilkerson

I am going off the deep end here and label this engine a one time use throw away. Okay lets redo the math bearings $15.00 gaskets $3.50 new crank case $23.00 and muffler 20.00 shipping $9.00 well let the piston wear out. total invested so far $249.00 and get maybe another 2 hours out of it. What do you think would you be mad? In conclusion: CRRCRRO GP26R Nice box well packed Starting from the rear Walbro carb nice feature, reed valves and back plate metal soft thin, cylinder light but has some poor tolerances piston cast with pinned ring no attempt to clean up castings con rod and crank the same crank is soft steel and should have been tempered bearings marked ngk Japan and probably the stronger points now for the outside: High marks for appearance "looks" well made Hard to start cold (probably because crank case not sealed) and has poor fuel draw, Timing is always off and would not idle less than 2010 rpm most engines 1600-1800 standard life span 2 hours.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 PM
dogshome

I'm there splashing about with you []
Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 PM
robertwilkerson

I really hope that I have brought some light to all the would be buyers every time one of these sell(s) just reinforces the Manufacture to keep producing this kind of poor quality product.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: digtman

Wow, I thought I was getting a good engine, club members had no problems with it, I never ran mine yet, still brand new, now I'm concerned, must admit, all my gas engines are DL, 2,50cc, and 1,55cc, I payed under $150, for the ccrc26I, dont tell me I made a mistake!!!![]
Only a $150.00 mistake,sorry.
BC
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

These engines look impressive enough to look at one on a flea market table. But I know from experience to leave them on the table and not get involved.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:35 PM
robertwilkerson

Ordered parts for rebuild head, piston, case, I plan to use green Mercury threadlock on the bearings to case will solve the press fit problem. I have a Frank Bowman ring coming that will increase compression and is a harder material. Hope to get the idle down to the 1800 range, I believe the ring might be the answer there. More compression we will see!!! And have addressed all the problems with the bearings. Not much can be done about the soft metal issues, (crank shaft and back plate) might polish to help with fuel induction. I will keep you updated when I get it back together.

"I love the smell of castro in the morning" And they are better made.

Name:	Wu60152.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1704892  
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
eclipso

Well I hope you don't start a complaint about Bowman after you get a ring. I put my Bowman ring in and have ran this engine for a couple hours again and so far so good. I can tell you that his ring has made some improvement but I don't think it is near broken-in yet.

I can't tell you how much your attitude sucks. You act like your some kinda big spender but you buy walmart brand items and think your cool like the guys who bought the quality items from a high end store. You said yourself that your engine is from ebay and that is great that Mike is helping you but he should tell you to take a hike. You bought a junk engine from who knows where and have been judging the entire stock by your mistake. Maybe your engine is a true crrc gp26r and maybe it is just a really older run. Maybe it is just a bad apple in the bunch and maybe it is your fault. I admit it stinks that you can't just call crrc and they send you a new engine but I don't see anyone crying about the same issues with dle or others. If you want an engine that can be sent back and exchanged 2 or 3 times for free then you would have to pay 2 or 3 times more for the first one such as the case with at least one American manufacturer of larger engines.

I wished my engine had more power but I live in Tucson and I have been running the snot out of this engine. Only problem I've had so far is the reed valve issue and I wanted tighter tolerance ring for a little better compression. Do not mistake this engine for a weak engine, in Tucson we simply have to use larger displacement engines for better performance. My engine swings a Mej. 18x6 at 8800 rpm. That is right up there near a dle 30cc.

I have more than 20 hard, overheated, sand induced hours on mine so far and it still runs great. I run 30:1 mineral now that I am breaking in a new ring but when it is broke in I will go back to 40:1 evolution oil.

No one should let this guy fool you into thinking this engine isn't a great deal for $170 bucks you can't beat it. If you need a 26cc engine this is certainly a better alternative than an rcgf and is cheaper.

P.s. My reed valve cage issue was most likely the result of running the 91 octane gas. These engines are supposed to be ran on E free gasoline and here in Arizona the higher octane fuel contains more ethanol than that of the lower octane. The alcohol in the high octane causes much more friction and also dries out seals. I have switched to 87 with my Frank Bowman ring and have had no issues since. Like I said before I have 20+ hours on my engine and it runs the same as day one. I wished I had either a smaller lighter airframe or would have gone with a 30cc for the plane I have this engine on now but not because there is a problem with the engine just that the density altitude here in Tucson does not permit best power to weight ratio of any engine.

I have to hand it to Frank Bowman by the way, He is just an absolute stand up kind of guy. I haven't bought from someone as knowledgeable or carrying as this man in a very long time. He went the extra mile to insure I had the proper ring for this engine and I look forward to getting more rings for other engines I have such as the zenoah g62 and dle 30.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Something is not right about the ring in this picture from above.

Take note of the ring gap or broken section in the exhaust port? Is the piston installed backwards for it looks like the area where the locating pin should be is in the exhaust port? If the ring catches in the port, it will bust the piston or at best lock the engine up.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 PM
eclipso

your right he installed it backwards but in all fairness he may have done it just to get a pic so we can see. Still not a great idea as he could scratch the side wall when pushing in or pulling out the piston. That is certainly not the way the engine comes.

The end gap is excessive from factory but as all other Bowman rings he will have much less gap if he does go with the Bowman ring.

I hope he did put that piston in backwards for demonstration only wouldn't lend much credibility to his complaints if he actually tightened up all the bolts and mounted and ran that engine that way huh

P.s. Looks almost like a piston from a 26i because these engines ring pins are exactly 180* from the exhaust and not offset like the 26i
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM
eclipso

Sorry to post so many times tonight but I also couldn't help but notice that he's missing the muffler down pipe. I don't know why it's gone but this engine's muffler does not provide enough back pressure for a low reliable idle. The down pipe helps but it certainly should not be missing all together. I have noticed that by increasing the back pressure slightly you can have a great idle around 1600 rpm and great midrange but you will lose some top end.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 AM
robertwilkerson

I am going to edit my last comments as I will not fall prey to what someone thinks about me. This engine was new and bought from SDS hobby (Cyclone) owned by crrc you have seen the ring that is how I got this engine. nuf said. What's the deal you own stock in this company or what. Geee's
Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 AM
robertwilkerson

And yes I am aware there is not enough back pressure, as this is the 3rd ya that's right 3 times the stack has came off. Raven Rc has agreed to send a replacement and noted this is not the first time. Se let's add it all up Poor machine work need the ring replaced keep buying mufflers. Oh and all the experts.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 AM
dogshome

Please go and re-read what you typed - so you get the chance to update us when you have the rebuilt engine running: rather than being moderated. I think our man saw the pic and jumped to conclusions.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

According to the picture there is no place to put a seal between the bearings...The front bearing SHOULD be a double sealed NSK or NTK bearing if you don't want the crankcase pulses to leak out.. Loctite 680 proerly applied will fill a gap of up to about .015 and keep any bearing from moving in the case....
the groove in the piston looks like something got inside the case...Won't hurt a thing, the skirt should never touch the bore very hard anyway...
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM
digtman

So..................I guess this engine is not that bad after all, I cant wait to fire it up this spring, and find out the truth about this engine. it will be pulling a 58" ultimate bype, I hope it will be enough for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.