Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
robertwilkerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

What type of spinner are you planning to use? True turn, vortex? if you go to the true turn web site they have a parts page look for a M4- 6MM. Or if you are not sure of the fit Home depot has screw sizing jigs take it there to confirm.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 PM
robertwilkerson

Thank you Mike and your are correct this is fun and I know first hand that you have experience as you have been one of my teachers.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 AM
ado9518

Ifound this thread and just want to throw in my 2 cents.

I am flying a GP26R in a 28% BH Pitts S1S since june 2011. In my experience this motor proved to be both powerful and dependable, never had to pull cilinder, bearings or crankshaft in spite this motor has been run extensively and WOT most of the time. Only problems that Ihad can be traced to carburator (short throttle arm) or my fault (set the butterfly valve without loctite. After a few weeks end of flight butterfly come loose and fell inside the reed valve, had to fly 30min WOT waiting for runnning out of fuel. No damage to the motor, just replaced the butterfly using loctite).

When Ibought the motor I thought it was cheap and wouldn't last too much, but Iwas wrong.
Maybe I have been very very lucky, but Iwould definitely by another one.

Have good fligths!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
vivekbali

Hi All,
Just wanted to share my experience of GF26I-V2 engine.

I mounted the engine on a 26cc Edge 540 and ran about 2 litres of petrol on ground at 25:1 mix on a 17x6 APC prop. Next Sunday, ran another tank (about 350cc) before the maiden flight. The plane flew well and the engine behaved well. But idle speed was too high making landing very difficult as the plane would not stop after touchdown. Well, had to use engine kill to land on a dead stick that time.

Next couple of Sundays, the idle somehow settled ( but still a little high), and the engine was running very good. All fellow flyers started praising the engine reliability in comparison to their DLE's. I was thinking that compared to their high cost engine, this engine is proving its mettle.

But I though praises too early. Last Sunday, while flying at about 1/4th throttle and doing low circles and lazy flying, there was a loud thud and no power. Managed to land safely and realised that crank shaft is broken.

NOW STARTS MY ORDEAL. Tried to source the crank from many websites, but no one was stocking. The manufacturer recommended www.hobbyocean.com. Ordered the crank shaft and along with it, bearings, gaskets, woodruff key and other items which I felt now I should have it in stock.

My order arrived 48 days after placing order. When I opened the parcel, all the items were different from the stock parts. None would fit. I rechecked my order to see if I had by mistake ordered wrong parts. On carefully seeing their website, I realised that they had all parts listed under wrong engine model - parts of another 26cc model were listed under 26i-v2 model. Because I had ordered parts listed under V2 model, I did not bother to check any further. But how can I check if the ID or OD of a bearing is correct or the length of the crank is correct just from a picture?

I had ordered parts listed under the correct engine model, but the vendor has different models parts under different model heading. I have also come to understand that the manufacturer of CRRCPRO is also the vendor and owner of the website Hobbyocean.com.

Please be careful in ordering anything from this website.

Thx
Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 PM
eclipso

ORIGINAL: vivekbali

Hi All,
Just wanted to share my experience of GF26I-V2 engine.

I mounted the engine on a 26cc Edge 540 and ran about 2 litres of petrol on ground at 25:1 mix on a 17x6 APC prop. Next Sunday, ran another tank (about 350cc) before the maiden flight. The plane flew well and the engine behaved well. But idle speed was too high making landing very difficult as the plane would not stop after touchdown. Well, had to use engine kill to land on a dead stick that time.

Next couple of Sundays, the idle somehow settled ( but still a little high), and the engine was running very good. All fellow flyers started praising the engine reliability in comparison to their DLE's. I was thinking that compared to their high cost engine, this engine is proving its mettle.

But I though praises too early. Last Sunday, while flying at about 1/4th throttle and doing low circles and lazy flying, there was a loud thud and no power. Managed to land safely and realised that crank shaft is broken.

NOW STARTS MY ORDEAL. Tried to source the crank from many websites, but no one was stocking. The manufacturer recommended www.hobbyocean.com. Ordered the crank shaft and along with it, bearings, gaskets, woodruff key and other items which I felt now I should have it in stock.

My order arrived 48 days after placing order. When I opened the parcel, all the items were different from the stock parts. None would fit. I rechecked my order to see if I had by mistake ordered wrong parts. On carefully seeing their website, I realised that they had all parts listed under wrong engine model - parts of another 26cc model were listed under 26i-v2 model. Because I had ordered parts listed under V2 model, I did not bother to check any further. But how can I check if the ID or OD of a bearing is correct or the length of the crank is correct just from a picture?

I had ordered parts listed under the correct engine model, but the vendor has different models parts under different model heading. I have also come to understand that the manufacturer of CRRCPRO is also the vendor and owner of the website Hobbyocean.com.

Please be careful in ordering anything from this website.

Thx
I really hate to be the one to tell you this but if you are looking for help with a v2 engine you are in the wrong thread. This discussion thread is for the GP 26 R. Engine. Please do another search for information on the 26cc v2. If anyone has a link to the proper thread please post it. Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
robertwilkerson

Well I am back with the latest report on my engine have been trying other props needle adjustment and putting some time on a old Seagull Super Star the engine performs okay in the air there still is a problem with throttle chop engine drops so low that wants to quit then comes back to what I think is a fast idle 2000 that's as slow it will run smoothly and reliably. Still requires a starter to get carb wet then will hand start 3-4 flips. I have since sold all my other CRRC engines and on Ebay about half of what I paid for them. Now using a DLE 35ra with the Boman ring flat reed cage work starts on one to two flips and Tower warranty. Hope all will follow my lead and insist on quality or as close to it I am sorry for my experience and will never purchase one of the engines ever again!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:13 AM
shane55

How long should you run on mineral oil for break in? The instructions state the break in process as being 20hrs, should you run on straight mineral oil for all this time?
Old 05-03-2014, 01:17 PM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
what does anyone think of the>> rcgf 15 gas engine>??
I have one that runs like a swiss watch. Love it! VERY reliable.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:24 PM
sailr

take the engine to ACE hardware and see what size metric nut fits the prop shaft! DOH!
Old 10-07-2015, 12:01 PM
mga

Anyone know where I can buy an electronic ignition for my CRRC Pro 26cc side carb set up.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

Originally Posted by mga
Anyone know where I can buy an electronic ignition for my CRRC Pro 26cc side carb set up.
I have the RCEXL ignition modules in stock, do you have the old crrc module? You would need to remove the old cap and put on this one.
It comes with the cm-6 size cap. It also includes the hall effect switch. Mike ibcinyourc.com
Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM
mga

Originally Posted by Ibcinyou!
I have the RCEXL ignition modules in stock, do you have the old crrc module? You would need to remove the old cap and put on this one.
It comes with the cm-6 size cap. It also includes the hall effect switch. Mike ibcinyourc.com
Thanks, but I am not good at replacing electronics stuff. I would like the module to come as a whole unit as the original did. Thanks again.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:11 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

try here:

http://www.rcextremepower.net/rcxpignitions.html

or here:

http://www.ch-ignitions.com/index.ph...roller=product

You just need to know what spark plug hex size.

Last edited by kmeyers; 10-07-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:10 PM
sailr

http://www.agaperacingandhobby.com/v...?productid=753
Old 01-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Throttleman2001

Post Hi Idle rpm on new engine, Suggestions please.

Hi Guys I am at present just running in my new GP26R beam mounted engine I have a small question, I have ran it for about an hour now at recommended rpm's ect I have had absolutly no starting issues or running apart from not being able to get the idle down below 2300 rpm, It's still quite rich & I have not altered the high end mixture setting at all from factory setting. with servo disconnected & Idle screw not even touching the throttle lever it will not drop below this figure unless I richen it so much it nearly floods out.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:19 PM
kmeyers

Sorry this just sounds wrong, the throttle return spring should close the throttle until it hits something. Either the idle screw (which we all remove) or some point in the venturi where almost no air can pass.

The description you give then means you have a throttle plate hitting inside before closing fully?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Throttleman2001

Hi, I feel you may be correct. or I have an air leak ! You know how sometimes you have to walk away from something before it clicks well since you have said this I feel that it has just happened.
It will not suprise me if I find the butterfly not centred, it's impossible to see whilst its mounted mind so I know what I am going to do tomorow evening .
Old 01-18-2016, 07:39 AM
sailr

Originally Posted by Throttleman2001
Hi Guys I am at present just running in my new GP26R beam mounted engine I have a small question, I have ran it for about an hour now at recommended rpm's ect I have had absolutly no starting issues or running apart from not being able to get the idle down below 2300 rpm, It's still quite rich & I have not altered the high end mixture setting at all from factory setting. with servo disconnected & Idle screw not even touching the throttle lever it will not drop below this figure unless I richen it so much it nearly floods out.
what size prop are you using? Too small and the idle will be too high. I run 18 x 6 props on my CRRC-PRO 26cc engines.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Throttleman2001

Originally Posted by sailr
what size prop are you using? Too small and the idle will be too high. I run 18 x 6 props on my CRRC-PRO 26cc engines.
Hi Sailr, I am actually using an 18x6. I am going to confirm for myself that the butterfly is actually closing completely. Unfortunatly I will have to remove the engine to do this but heyho thats the fun of having what I hope is going to be a cracking little motor if the initial feel of it is anything to go by.
Thanks for your input on this matter.
Further to this tonight I can confirm I have actually got a 16x6 on it not a 18x6 . Dooh I am going to try a 18x 8 & see what happens.

Last edited by Throttleman2001; 01-18-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:11 PM
grossy2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Guys.
As I recall. The GF26 V2 and the GP26R had the same crank case and crank assy. There were 2 versions. The early ones had an issue with the front bearing rotating and causing air leaks that gave a world of issues. The later production run had a different crank case and crank shaft assy (Better). You need to work which you have, or replace the whole bottom end for the newer version to get the reliability back. I've had a GP26R in my PC-9 for around 4 years, swinging at 17x8. Not the power out of it when it was new, but still going strong.

Cheers
Grossy
Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 AM
kmeyers

Grossy
Summer now downunder, I love summer.

You are making a common mistake, the GP26R is a very different engine. The port induction motors that you are referring too were very trouble free when treated well.

CRRC entered the small reed induction motors with the GP26R. There have been reported problem of various kinds.

I think I should point out what many think is the biggest tuning issue. The reed cage insulator block has no through hole for the pressure pulses.

This means the pump does not operate at full design capacity, it only sees vacuum never positive. The first guy who fixed this and shared with the rest of us, modified a crank case pressure pulse line to fix the problem.

Now that I think of it, this could have something to do with the latest guys problem.

Last edited by kmeyers; 01-20-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:20 PM
grossy2

Our summer down under has been all over the place. Down south heat waves and fire (Drought conditions) Mid East coast Floods one week, 40degC that other. Out West Major bush fires. Weather is weird.......
I'm pretty sur that the GF26V2 and GP26R use the same crank case and crank assy. The difference is the GF26V2 use the red head of the orginal GF26, with side cab. The GP26R use's a new head with the carb at the rear with a reed vale assembly.
Good point about the pulse porting in the reed block. Some thing to check if your having issues. Just remember to check you have a carb with the pulse port fitting.

Cheers
Grossy
Old 01-24-2016, 06:44 AM
kerwin50

1st of all tune that engine. There is no such thing as factory setting. Also this is not a glow engine. Do not run it rich. Carbon is a killer
Once properly tuned you'll see a much lower idle.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Throttleman2001

Hi Guys My CRRCPRO GP26 R is a beam mount version & so it I presume has a different crankcase than the types I see when I type in for an image of the unit you are talking about. I have however spoken to my supplier & they have suggested a different approach since I have no issues with starting or running. They are the uk's official importer so as they are helping me I am trying thier way first, Motor has less than 2 hours running time.
Grossy when I removed the Reed block & Spacer I did note that there was a drilling in it that lined up with the port in the carb, thought I would mention that cheers .
Kerwin50 I am on the case
To all I have flown the Maule with this unit in yesterday & can say I am on the right track I am however going to check my rpm with an external rpm meter on the prop as I believe I could be being hoodwinked by the digi tacho! at my "Idle " I did not have to hold the aircraft back at all & it was burbleing quite nicely LOL.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:42 PM
grossy2

The GP26R is Beam mount, as is the GF26V2. The orginal GF26 (Red Head) use's stand offs.
Looks like I'm in for a rebuild on my GP26R. I have it in a PC-9. Was flying it at a rather wet and muddy field yesterday. It got a gut full of mud and water. kept running, but it's lost about 500rpm. Also the front seal has a air leak, as it will not keep running until it gets warm. Makes first flight on the day a *****. After first flight, no problem.
Cheers
Grossy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.