Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Evolution 26cc GX Gasser Battery Help

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 26cc GX Gasser Battery Help

Old 04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
gade600sdi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evolution 26cc GX Gasser Battery Help

I would like to use around a 2500 mah pack but cant find one. The ignition says 6.5-9.0 volts. I am not a big fan of this high voltage requirement and not of LIPO batteries either. I would like to use a NIMH pack with 6 cells (7.2V) and around 2000+ mah capacity, but cant really find a part number that suits. Lots of LIPO and car batteries that have big Traxxas type plugs on them and 16 ga wire. I just want the small wires and the futaba J type plug, or JR equivalent standard rc plug.

Any suggestions can help. Also, I heard of scrapping the Evolution ignition and using Rxcel? or C-H ignition? Then you have to change prop hubs etc? Really want a battery pack I can just plug in and use. I havent changed connectors before and really dont want to mess with that and I certainly dont want the hassle of using LIPO packs either (I like to keep my hands and face and vehicle in one piece). Any suggestions for me? Specific part numbers would help or anybody used someone that makes packs I can call?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:15 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 26cc GX Gasser Battery Help

If you don't like LiPo, I think it can't be too hard to get a 6 cell sanyo eneloop pack ??
current draw is 0.5Amp typically. so a 1000mA pack will last for about two hours flight time.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will have to find out how much current the ignition module draws and then take pe reivers suggestion to get the right Sanyo pack for some decent flight times. I know that the CH ignitions draw about 300ma so a 1500mah battery pack will give you about four to five hours of run time. The CH ignition comes with Futaba connectors and you can order the battery pack from Cermark with Futaba connectors. Dan.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
gade600sdi

OK, thanks so I understand the milliamps capacity, so my specific question still is unanswered I think...where do I get a 6 cell 7.2v nimh or nicad pack with futaba connectors to use for this ignition? Does Cermark have this? Anybody have a part number because Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobby I have looked for an hour and cant find a pack like this.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here it is. Great service and great batteries. Dan
http://www.cermark.com/
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
gade600sdi

Dan, thanks I sent an email will see what they come back with.