Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zenoah g20ei popping but no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah g20ei popping but no start

hey fellas this little zenoah is stumping me big time.. I got it in a trade that has gone way the wrong way and I might be stuck with this thing.. I pulled the carb cleaned it really well..it had all kinds of crap in the screen.. set the carb in some fresh mix fuel then bolted it on.. it pulls fuel great but will not start...

yes I am getting spark with plug in and using my man hands to press it on there.... also I am getting spark with no plug at all is this normal ??? my buddies 3w 80xi CS is doing the same thing and will not start either (both stock ignitions) both planes have been belly flopped as well.. I heard this will kill the silicone in the cap and will never fire under pressure???

help me out quick fellas JEDI> T.O.M anyone

also this thing really gives a good pop but no start and it hits really good on the way back around (clockwise)

thank for any help

RACE
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: zenoah g20ei popping but no start

Have you by chance tried using a starter? It sounds like it's flooded..I friend had a problem like that too..Turned out the carb shaft was backwards. He had changed the carb mounting block which turned the carb at a different angle.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:29 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a friend to hand prop his BME 50 all day and it would only "POP"

That night he found that the throttle arm had loosened and the throttle was actually closed.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 AM
racelikustolit3k

I am going to try again today.. the guy I got this from broke the throttle stop and butterfly can spin all the way around.. and yes I have tried a starter and I get absolutley nothing.. but then I hand prop it I get the POPS

thanks jessie
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

I bet the butterfly was backwards, hopefully thats all.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Prime the engine through the carb with a shot of fuel. Varify that throttle plate is about 1/8 inch open so the engine will not rev to high...then see what it does. What ignition do you have on it? If it is a flywheel mag...make sure the flywheel has not spun...which will goof up starting & running. Capt,n
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
racelikustolit3k

I tried another carb on it and it runs ok now.. so I am just going to buy a rebuild kit for the 811 thats on it or 81-1 811-1
Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 AM
willig10

Make sure the ignition battery voltage is above 4.8 volts and charged correctly as well. Low voltage will allow the engine to just pop and not run as well. Since a new carb allowed it to run this is not your problem but on subsequent runs if it pops with the new carb it could be low volts.

Glenn