Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC PRO GF26I

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CRRC PRO GF26I

Hi
I have A GF 26I motor that has had about 2 litres of fuel through it, it now has excessive forward and rearward crankshaft movment (1mm plus). When the crankshaft is pushed in and pulled out, it makes a knocking sound, which gives me the impression that the bearing is moving in the housing, does this sound correct and has anyone else had this problem?
Has been running on 25-1 mix, with an APC 17x8 prop, would not have thought that the prop load was too high.

Geoff
Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CRRC PRO GF26I

I have one of these engines and it too developed that kind of play. There was no evidence inside of bearing movement and for now I just added a washer between the crankshaft and the front bearing. Right now there is no noticeable play.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen countless Pro 26 engines with this problem and fixed well over 100 of them. It is the bearings that are loose not only in the crankcase housing but on the crankshaft as well. The bearings and housing will most likely need to be replaced and properly this time with a good quality bearing lock compound.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Conrod

Have removed the cylinder, and the play is due to the crankshaft moving through the bearings. The bearings to crankcase fit seems ok. Plenty of side play tolerance on the big end, so will just run the motor and see what happens.
Geoff
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
colin g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey conrod , is that the v2 or the first one you have ?. i myself should be getting the crrc pro gf26i v2 from the postman some day. if there are some issues with these i would like to be prepared for them , thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Conrod

Colin g you are safe mine is the first model.
Geoff
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Conrod

One last thing, can someone tell me if the thread on the end of the crankshaft, is left or right hand.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:32 AM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it were left hand it would spin off every time the engine is started. It is right hand thread.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Planeclothes

ORIGINAL: Conrod

Have removed the cylinder, and the play is due to the crankshaft moving through the bearings. The bearings to crankcase fit seems ok. Plenty of side play tolerance on the big end, so will just run the motor and see what happens.
Geoff
Same here. Both bearings look good, by the way these are Boca bearings I bought some time ago to replace the originals. I found it is the crank shaft that was moving through the bearings.