Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DLE 30 TUNING

Hi all. I am running the DLE-30 in my new Pilot RC 26% Extra 260. I have about 5 tanks through the engine on the ground, and 3 in the air.

It runs well on the ground. Transition is smooth from idle to max.

In the air, it sounds a little bubbly, and it died on me when I was powering up after a touch and go. I had to set it down quickly!

I am running a XOAR 18X8 with NGK plug, JTEC PITTS muffler, 32:1 fuel. Is there a gas engine tuning guide somewhere?

I am new to gasoloine engines (first one), and it is certainly different from glow tuning. Please help.

I am a fairly new pilot, and I need to have all of the confidence I can get in the air. Thanks

PILOT RC EXTRA 260 26%
    XOAR 18X8
    42% ZEUS V2 BATTERY ELIMINATOR
    DUAL 2S 2100MAH A123 (WITH BATTERY BACKER SYSTEM)
    POWER HD 9150 SERVOS
    IGNITION AT 5V
    Futaba 10C, 26% YAK-55SP, 26% Pilot RC Extra 260, 70\" 3DHS AJ Slick, 78\" ExtremeFlight Extra 300, 51\" AJ Slick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DLE 30 TUNING

Get rid of the Zeus and try again.

That thing cause me problems. I thought it was the carb but no. the zeus began to fail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are gas engine tuning guides everywhere. with one of them a sticky on the opening page of this forum. It is much to write again so please try a search sujng "gas engine tuning" as keywords. Your engine is set rich.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a link to a good tuning guide (I think):

http://indianatinygasengines.com/page3.aspx

Good luck, welcome to RC and Gassers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seal!

Just GOOGLE TUNNING WALBRO CARBS and you will get all kinds of info.

Also there is also another web site to down load instructions on tunning these gas engines somewere here on RC Universe.

I am trying to find that thread and will post it when I find it.
    William C Hassell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Of casual interest is people buying and flying a product without first researching who they are used and operated....... That is not directed at a particular individual, but the hobby population as a whole. it would explain a great many issues people report having with various products.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Of casual interest is people buying and flying a product without first researching who they are used and operated....... That is not directed at a particular individual, but the hobby population as a whole. it would explain a great many issues people report having with various products.
    Hard to believe.Had a flier call last Fri,said they had cranked or there new Hobby King engine for three weeks and never had a pop.First question does it have a spark?No it does not.What do you do.He is sending engine to us.
    This is what makes me Grumpy.
    bcchi

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm too lazy to flip one 10 flips let alone 3 weeks
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are gas engine tuning guides everywhere. with one of them a sticky on the opening page of this forum. It is much to write again so please try a search sujng ''gas engine tuning'' as keywords. Your engine is set rich.
    Thanks. I think I need to do the float diaphragm cover mod. sounds like my problem.
    Futaba 10C, 26% YAK-55SP, 26% Pilot RC Extra 260, 70\" 3DHS AJ Slick, 78\" ExtremeFlight Extra 300, 51\" AJ Slick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

Here is a link to a good tuning guide (I think):

http://indianatinygasengines.com/page3.aspx

Good luck, welcome to RC and Gassers.
    Thank You. RCU forum rocks! I can never get replies on FG forum. Maybe everyone is just PROS there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I feel better now... I am a military guy living overseas right now. Unfortunitely, I barely have enough time to get to the field for an hour or two on a weekend, let alone scour the net for info all day. I DO appreciate you guys in the forums. You have all been a-lot of help.[8D] Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DG40

Get rid of the Zeus and try again.

That thing cause me problems. I thought it was the carb but no. the zeus began to fail.
    I got lucky, and got the Version 2 Zeus from the start. No problems at all. I did hear about guys having troublems with the first batch though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got a new DLE 30. Maiden at factory recommended settings for Hi and Low setting. Great engine runs. 2nd time out engine would loose rpm on vertical upline. My careless I did an avananche and engine died in the snap at the top of the inside loop. On the ground engine will always cut out when I hold plane vertical. Tried several combo of changes to Hi and Lo carbs without any success. Beginning to think something is happening in the tank. Never had this problem after one flight. Before I hassle with getting to and removing tank for dis-assembly and re-asassembly anybody have any suggestions?
    Russ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The engine is too lean on the top end

Forget the factory settings and tune your needles
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try Google search
    <script type="text/javascript">titleAndStar(5,100,0,false,"","")
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bassrussx4

Got a new DLE 30. Maiden at factory recommended settings for Hi and Low setting. Great engine runs. 2nd time out engine would loose rpm on vertical upline. My careless I did an avananche and engine died in the snap at the top of the inside loop. On the ground engine will always cut out when I hold plane vertical. Tried several combo of changes to Hi and Lo carbs without any success. Beginning to think something is happening in the tank. Never had this problem after one flight. Before I hassle with getting to and removing tank for dis-assembly and re-asassembly anybody have any suggestions?
    Russ

If when holding the airplane verticle and the engine quits....its because when new the fuel draw is not too good yet. Your engine needs more break in....stay away from strait up flight untill it gets broke in more! Capt,n
    I never met a engine I did not like !