Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 129 of 269 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6722

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

They'll suck a steady stream of gas until almost the last drop!
    Standard glow clunks can start sucking air before those ceramic clunks will.
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was ready to buy 5 of them, and the shipping is more than the 5 of them! But, there is a mega awesome outdoor power equipment dealer (Stills in Manchester, NH) on the other side of town, that has them and all the Stihl HP Ultra you want. Besides, Billy's Sports bar is nearby with great food, and that sounds like a good lunchtime trip to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rhd-RCU

I can't find the post on the bud muffer for the aw 260. Have used search and a lot of reading. Was it removed?
    No, you just need to search a wee bit better; post 3118/pg125
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The filter clunks are commonly available at most chainsaw dealers
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

raubold,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I like the looks of the sideways mounted engine. Its a lot cleaner looking than mine, especially with that cowl. Great job with the install on the retracts. Please post more info and pictures if you have time. I'm curious to know how the engine sounds with that bud bottle muffler. Also, would like to know how the CG comes out with the engine mounted with the firewall in the stock position. I have been traveling and I haven't done any work to mine since my last post. Hope to get back to it soon.

\"Those who say it can\'\'t be done need to get out of the way of the people who are doing it\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree.....super nice installs.
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 60.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the feedback. I am covering right now and started hunting for a header with the correct dropp and an IBEC. CG so far close to nuts whithout covering but i left me some stuff to move. Shoved everythin back as far i could, reason for the Servos sideways in the Wing attaced to the covers for it, also cleaner geometry for the arms and control horns and 3" closer to the trailing edge.
    Planing on breacking the sound barrier in the beginning of April, maybe fastes DLE 20 here in the Forum we use a Radar deal from on of our Quickie 400 Nelson Gys and i post the results here.
    I keep you posted here with more pictures
    Michael
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood member 26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First gasser...do I need a cut-off switch for a DLE 20cc..?? Plane is a Hangar 9 Cub 1/4 scale (original from 2001), and radio is a Hitec Aurora 9...

I would like to be able to shut the engine down from the transmitter.
    \"I ran out of ideas and altitude at the same time...\"

\"The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves..!!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Defenetly need to be able to shut down from Transmitter/failsave kill. Jody here from Valey view RC has them and there is bunch avail on the Market out there.
    Dont take here out skipping the kill switch, this is a Must Do for your safaty and others.
    Michael
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood member 26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've bought a 42% Opto kill from Valley View R/C and an RCEXL opto kill from Aeroworks. They both work well. THe RCEXL is only $19.95 as well.
    \"Hey!!! That tree was NOT there when I took off!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should I get any particular brand or style..?? The RCEXL for $19.95 sounds pretty good, any other options..??
    \"I ran out of ideas and altitude at the same time...\"

\"The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves..!!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is the 42 Percent Products Opto Gas Kill Switch from Valley View:

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/42-Perce...l%20Switch.htm

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

Should I get any particular brand or style..?? The RCEXL for $19.95 sounds pretty good, any other options..??
    Gold Wing Su-26m/DLE-30, Twist 60/Saito 1.15, Airtronics 2.4 Ghz SD-10G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am new to gas, almost ready to cover the plane.
    At the risk of sounding stupid, all I have ever used to kill my glow engines is to retard the throttle. Will this not work with gas? A 17" prop doesn't know what is making it turn. If I have a radio problem that prevents me from using my throttle, wouldn't it also prevent me from using the opti-kill. Fail safe can also work the throttle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've always killed the gas engine by closing the throttle

The switch you are talking about is "no signal = off"

Also if your computer 2.4 radio is programed correctly by you and the reciever unbinds, - the throttle closes
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If linkages are in perfect condition and never fail, nor said servo never fail, you're good to go.

If ya want added safety of an optical ign kill where you kill the gas eng regardless of linkage, then that's an optional way to go.

I prefer to err on the side of safety and use ign kill setups.

YMMV & to each their own.
    Let the flame war begin.[&:]
    Jim L.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a1pcfixer - I have remote shutoff through the throttle or the choke, but I see that this Opto Kill Switch also kills the ignition in case of loss of signal. I'm convinced, and just ordered three (one for each gasser!). I feel safer already.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

I have been using the RCexl optokill and tach on all my (4) DLE gassers for a year without any problem.
    Cheers....
    Sandy Jain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys

I have been having problems with my DL 20 doing same thing. i have messed with needle settings till i am blue in the face. when landing it will come down to what sounds like 3000 or 3500 rpm and no lower. only way i can get back on ground with much safety is to use airbrakes so it will not flare back up. after i get plane on ground and it slows to a stop, then the engine will drop to low idle. my low speed jet is about 7/8thd turn open. it has crisp instant response to throttle, off idle. hi speed is about 1.75 turn open. if i go much leaner it will sag at top of loop or sag badly if flying inverted. engine has about 2.5 gallons thru it. using pennsoil 32:1 and hitest gasoline. prop is MA 18x6. engine is a bear for power but the not returning to idle until the forward motion of the plane is a pia. landing is like a half throttle touch and go.

Bruce
    aa2dd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have same problem, my DLE 20 runs great on the ground from low to high but a different story when in the air. Unfortunately I learnt the hard way yesterday on a maiden flight of my Super Chipmunk, as when coming in for a landing it came in too quick, motor sounded to be idling way too fast, but I did not want to shut motor down. So went for it but ended up landing to fast and hard on one wheel causing plane to cartwheel down runway. Wing was ripped off completly with wing mount and did some damage to wing tips. I guess what did not help is that most of my previous flying experience has been with 40 size electric planes and so I did not realise that these larger scale planes have alot more weight behind them and so land at faster speeds.
    Am currently rebuilding the plane and have since tested the engine on the bench and it idles fine but I am positive that during its maiden flight it was idling alot faster.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually I've just started seeing the same problem, but only while on the ground (so far). After starting up the engine and letting it warm up for a few mins I bring it down all the way to idle but the engine does not slow below, say, 3000 or 3500 rpm. Seems that something in the carb might be getting stuck (?). What cures it - temporarily - is blipping the throttle to full, then straight down to idle - that usually lets the engine \ carb settle back down to low idle. This just started happening - I have a few gallons through it and only noticed this in the last week. Note - this plane DID crash hard about two months ago - the engine itself sounds fine - maybe the crash damaged the carb a bit? But now - from these other two stories - sounds like a systemic problem with the carb (?). Anyone else have this problem? Or a fix? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is too lean on the LS needle.

I have seen a few of the carburetors where the throttle valve screw didn't get tightened enough, the throttle valve works it's way slightly out of position and hangs up not returning completely to idle. You have to remove the carb and look into the back side with the choke open, you should not be able to see light around the throttle valve except at the idle air relief which is the little divot in the bottom of the valve next to the tiny idle fuel orifice in the carburetor throat. The other posibility is that your low needle may be a little bit to lean.
    Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

See posts around 885 page 36. I found it on a search for timing..and wala, it discribed what was happening. Idle would go to normal after about 30 seconds or blipping. I am seeing this too, and have not had a chance to redo the needles. Makes perfect sense. I beleive I've done just that..leaning the low end too much to get that perfect idle. May have a chance to play with it after work tomorrow. Oh yeah..temperatures have gone up a bit around since needles were set by some of yas??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the answers - I'll try richening the LSN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try a Version 1 ignition or a C&H, with or without EI....The version 4 excel ignition is weird....
    RC Ignition