Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 133 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6722

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Give someone a fish they eat for a day; teach someone to fish they eat for a lifetime.
    Your theory ("someone else already knows the answer, just give it to me") assumes that someone who knows the answer will be online and respond in a timely manner to your request. If that is the case, great, it saves you some time. If not, then what do you do?

ORIGINAL: Slats!

I love when people type the blah blah search yet answering the question takes a shorter amount of time.

Sorry we all don't have time to look at threads from 2010 especially when I am starting it up in 2 hours. Reality is most of these guys know the answer off the top of their head such as AP1.

Gold Wing Su-26m/DLE-30, Twist 60/Saito 1.15, Airtronics 2.4 Ghz SD-10G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mschulz531

The actual DLE manual [which is written in Chenglish]
    Chenglish....I like that!
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love when people type the blah blah search yet answering the question takes a shorter amount of time.
    If nobody lifted a finger to 'search' for answers already posted ad nausem, we'd be re-posting the same answers over & over & over a gazzilion times.

Wait, we're already doing that![]
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You responded pretty quick LOL. Thanks for confirming what I thought. BTW try the search from your mobile.

Yes the plug, oil, oil mixture gets to be a PINA and one of the reasons I have stopped following this thread but the timing is one where I have not seen a ton of posts on.

I am using Lawnboy 40 to one for break in. kidding.

ORIGINAL: mschulz531

Give someone a fish they eat for a day; teach someone to fish they eat for a lifetime.
    Your theory (''someone else already knows the answer, just give it to me'') assumes that someone who knows the answer will be online and respond in a timely manner to your request. *If that is the case, great, it saves you some time. *If not, then what do you do?

Sorry we all don't have time to look at threads from 2010 especially when I am starting it up in 2 hours. Reality is most of these guys know the answer off the top of their head such as AP1.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slats,

Yep, I did respond pretty quick...today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be responding because I'll be out flying!

The weather here in Chicago looks to be awesome tomorrow:
    Details for Wednesday, March 16
    Mainly sunny. High 56F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

I take your point about trying a search (or posting a reply!) on a mobile phone...not good.
    As always, there are points to both sides of a discussion.

Regards,
    Mike

You responded pretty quick LOL. Thanks for confirming what I thought. BTW try the search from your mobile.

Yes the plug, oil, oil mixture gets to be a PINA and one of the reasons I have stopped following this thread but the timing is one where I have not seen a ton of posts on.

I am using Lawnboy 40 to one for break in. kidding.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flying would be great, I hope to just get it started this aft. Weather in NA has sucked this year, I am used to snow being gone but not this year haha.

Of course that does not include you lucky *******s in the lower states...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slats,
    I totally gave up trying to use a phone on forums. I'm surprised you could even reply.
    John
    Have desk ... Will Fly.... Saito Member #467
    Ultimate Brotherhood #11, Ultra Sport Brotherhood #90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most of my postings are on my phone from the bathroom at work!

I haven't been posting as much because lately I've had more fiber in my diet. [8D]
    Maybe I should just take rubbing alcohol with me to the field and rub the props down before starting any of my planes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did do searches. However the timing was so far off, and others had there pickups mounted the same I thought there was something going on. Well, today I talked with Jodi. What he told me is that if I had the ign. module that came with the DLE 20 then DLE sets it at around 35 because of how the module is built. He also stated that if I tried to set it at 28 that it would not run very good. If I had a std. rcxcel ign. then it would be set around 28.

Because the engine does run good, I will set it back at 35. This information came from Jodi today.

I guess it's just the way the ign. module is built.

Thanks for your guys help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jodi is the definitive resource for these engines!
    I do remember some posts about different versions of the ignition module, so that makes sense that the timing depends on which version of the ignition module you have.
    Earlier you stated that you replaced the spark plug but you didn't specifically say whether it was theNGK/CM-6 spark plug or a different type. Which spark plug do you have installed?

ORIGINAL: noahb

I did do searches. However the timing was so far off, and others had there pickups mounted the same I thought there was something going on. Well, today I talked with Jodi. What he told me is that if I had the ign. module that came with the DLE 20 then DLE sets it at around 35 because of how the module is built. He also stated that if I tried to set it at 28 that it would not run very good. If I had a std. rcxcel ign. then it would be set around 28.

Because the engine does run good, I will set it back at 35. This information came from Jodi today.

I guess it's just the way the ign. module is built.

Thanks for your guys help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is not my first gas engine. I do fly 35% Yak with a BME 116. So I have lots of the NGK cm6 plugs in a box. This is what is in the engine right now. The engine runs fine, I was just curious as to why the ign. timing was so high. After talking to Jodi today, it's normal setting so I am at ease now!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too asked the same question!
    I was told by this forum to set the ignition BTDC at between 28- 30 as I to was very confused, do I now have to set it at 35 ??????????? Which is the correct setting PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don`t feel like pulling out this engine AGAIN in my Mustang, too bloody difficult!!

dutchy50

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your engine is running fine, I would leave it alone. I should have left mine alone. Was your initial timing around 35?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would say so but i`m not sure!
    At the moment the magnet is just off centre to the sender unit (sender is nearly halfway across the magnet)
    The only thing I`m noticing is the engine is running OK but seems to throw out black exhaust particulesout the muffler, has this got anything to do with the timing?????
    dutchy50

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, that is kind of typical with these engines. I run stihl ultra and I get the black stuff over both my planes. My plugs are just right as they are a nice choc. brown in color. So I just deal with the mess and clean it up afterwards. Plus, it lets me do an inspection when I am done flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, that is kind of typical with these engines. I run stihl ultra and I get the black stuff over both my planes. My plugs are just right as they are a nice choc. brown in color. So I just deal with the mess and clean it up afterwards. Plus, it lets me do an inspection when I am done flying.
    This statement should be remembered by people flying with gasoline engines.

There is an advantage to looking over the plane after flying is over

I never thought much about the black speckles as they are better than thick gooey oil over the whole bottom of the plane like in glow planes

Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree. I remember always having to clean my glow helicopters, but this let me do a pretty decent inspection when cleaning. Now that I fly an electric Logo 500, I have to make sure that I always do an inspection when I am done flying at the end of the day.

My fusion with the YS 1.10 (now has the dle 20) was always slimy with glow fuel. now, I still have to clean, but not near the mess. I do miss the power of the YS 1.10 however. That engine with the same vess 17x6 was turning 9000. The dle turns it around 8100. However, I fly for the same time on 6 oz of gas compared to 17oz. of 30% glow fuel. Much cheaper, and cleaner.

Here's the deal with the timing, if you have one of the modules with #4 on it (stock DLE20) the timing is best at ~35*, if you have a standard Rcexl ignition with no numbers on it (says Rcexl on the module, not DLE) set it at 28*-30*. The module for the DLE20 has changed but even the original was set at 35*, personaly I prefer the standard Rcexl ignition at 28*. Either one will make the engine run very well but the #4 module will let the engine idle stupid slow, much slower than necesary.

Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jody, thanks for clearing that up and please excuse me for mispelling your name.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks thats great...

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Here's the deal with the timing, if you have one of the modules with #4 on it (stock DLE20) the timing is best at ~35*, if you have a standard Rcexl ignition with no numbers on it (says Rcexl on the module, not DLE) set it at 28*-30*. The module for the DLE20 has changed but even the original was set at 35*, personaly I prefer the standard Rcexl ignition at 28*. Either one will make the engine run very well but the #4 module will let the engine idle stupid slow, much slower than necesary.

Jody, thanks for clearing that up and please excuse me for mispelling your name.

No worries, happens all the time but thanks for noticing.
    Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I just got my DLE 20 from Tower the around March 05, 2011. I just checked it, it has a #4 stamped on the module, and the instructions are a few sheets of Chenglish...

Should I just use the stock module as set at the factory..?? (NGK CM-6's and Redline 2-Stroke Racing oil at the ready) I have 3 other Chinese engines on the shelf NIB from Hobby King, FTL-26, 45 and 52cc models, and they all have RCXCEL ignitions, should I swap one for the DLE or are they compatible..??
    \"I ran out of ideas and altitude at the same time...\"

\"The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves..!!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have 3 DLE engines from VVRC, a 55, 30, and 20. I have never made any adjustments to the timing from where it was set NIB. With the DLE20 positioned with the spark plug pointing straight down (six o'clock) the Hall sensor is right at the top (twelve o'clock). I am curious as to which way the sensor is moved to advance or retard the spark. Facing the engine does moving the sensor clockwise (to the right) increase or retard the spark.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Women who have big butts tend to live longer.
    Men who tell them that, don't.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Increases the advanced timing if the sensor is moved against the direction of rotation.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm just telling it like it is.

I would be asking that of the people who will be administering your engine's warranty. An internet forum is probably the worst place to look for advice on anything that could effect the validity of your warranty.
    Now go outside and play