Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 194 of 270 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 6729

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Who?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: DougB1

Please don't shoot me here but I have looked and can't find where anyone has said if one motor is better than the other. Motors in question are DLE 20 ( 2.5hp) or CRRC-PRO GF26I (2.4hp)
    Did ya bother to read the title of this msg thread? {oops}
    NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

IOW, read the post #1 for all such info.

And don't fret about missing that, many do.
    "OK" Please don't flame me but I only copied the title, I still don't know where to look. I am not good at finding things in here. I did a search but it did not come up with any info on information about the two motors, could you be helpful and tell me what or where I should look, I thought I asked a simple question and get slammed. [sm=confused.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You call THAT being "slammed"?? Oh, you ARE new here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

You call THAT being ''slammed''?? Oh, you ARE new here.
    Yes, and trying to find something is crazy if you don't know where to look with 193 post's [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slammed??? Not one bit, but a search DOES get results.

A 'search' gets you this.......
    http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....&i=CRRC+Pro+26 .......with about a dozen hits.

-or-

As directed, go to Post #1, and a brief notation under [Interesting comments]
    [8D]
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doug, as was suggested earlier, read the complete first post in this thread. It has the info you requested.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bgw45

Doug, as was suggested earlier, read the complete first post in this thread. It has the info you requested.
    Thanks for the info, I see it now. I was looking I guess for a side by side comparison in the two motors, looks like the DLE 20 kicks everyone's butt !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul Harvey strikes again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DougB1

You call THAT being ''slammed''?? Oh, you ARE new here.
    Yes, and trying to find something is crazy if you don't know where to look with 193 post's [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
    Let me help you out, Doug. I have both engines. It took me a while to get my CRRC 26 properly tuned, at least the one I got was plagued with all kinds of issues out of the box. Once all the issues were taken care of, needles properly set and a couple of gallons of gas later it became fairly reliable. The DLE 20cc (at least the one I bought) ran almost perfectly out of the box, even with the cheap Chinese spark plug (I have since replaced it) and required only slight needle adjustments. It is also more powerful and lighter than the CRRC 26. So, in my opinion, this should be a no-brainer. Hope this helps.
    I'm only in it for the money...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sundowner 50 Hanger 9 DLE 20 Level flight Raydar at 105 MPH. Looked like it was a lot faster than that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll make it simple. The DLE20 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAY better than the CRRC Pro.

I do prefer to try get an engine thats light and powerful and that includes the name :/

Which is why I prefer VW Golf GTi to Toyota Corolla GLi 16V Twin Cam TRD.

Theres beauty in simplicity; DLE 20 vs CRRC Pro GF26i. Will you have enough space left on the wing with a name that long??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

Who?
    I knew that would crack you up
    If you think you can or think you can\'\'\'\'t, you\'\'\'\'re right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well it didn't crack me up. You guys don't have a 1/10th the knowledge T.O.M has. While your busy patting each other on the back one of the biggest resources of engine knowledege has left. Yah he could be abrasive - so what - you knew what he said you could take to the bank. Later,
    John
    Have desk ... Will Fly.... Saito Member #467
    Ultimate Brotherhood #11, Ultra Sport Brotherhood #90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yay DA !
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JNorton - yes, TOM has LOTS of knowledge and experience. Too bad he also doesn't seem to appreciate that other's are still learning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I have all the knowledge of the world but have not love, then I am just a noisy gong. Think about it The nice thing about online forums is you have the choice to respond to the question or not. But if you do respond you also have a choice how you respond. T.O.M chose most often, to respond in a less than gracious manner. It was also T.O.M's choice to leave rather than tone down his inflamatory rehtoric. Again, his choice. Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone,and take a moment to show someone you really care. Thanks to all of you who so graciously share your knowledge. Peace.
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JNorton - yes, TOM has LOTS of knowledge and experience. Too bad he also doesn't seem to appreciate that other's are still learning.
    Like +1

I think he left before he got banned like F lying G iants did.
    \"Hey!!! That tree was NOT there when I took off!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The TOM I got to know is not the one you read here. Yes he can be very short. I've been using gas for along time and post very little. Even at the field I don't say much unless I'm asked. One poster here said he tried to find the answer but was new and didn't quite know how. This is the one you want to help. On the other hand a poster that says "I don't want to read a 100 pages, here my question" is the one that set TOM off.
    Give him time to cool off and he may be back. All he really wants people to do is try and read and learn first before asking questions. He couldn't have been nicer to me on the phone and even gave me his cell in case I needed more help when I went to the field on Sunday.
    You right I too wish sometimes he would tone it down some, but will defend him anytime.
    He has spent a lot of time in the sand protecting this country and came home very sick. Had to make his own job to stay home. Sometimes the old saying about "walking in the others shoes" works.
    I don't have to ask questions to learn from him all I have to do is read. some times that's something we all need to do. Dennis
    PS on the FG thing. He did that on purpose to prove a point. His choice.
    DadstoysRC. I fly what I sell
    CD Vette City Big Bird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a DLE 20 in my Carl Goldberg Ulitmate 10-300 with a 16x8 Pro Zinger and it flys great, lots of power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want to THANK EVERYONE that helped me finding info on the DLE &CRRC motors. I just got an email from a friend that flies WWI planes like I do and he has a new G-38 that he will sell me for $150.00 I know that motor will fly the pants off of the Cessna and it needs extra nose weight so why not do it with a motor than dead weight. One comment I do want to make is that I can not set and read very much of anything for any length of time. I get headaches from reading small print for any length of time ( computer or a magazine) so that is one reason I might ask questions rather than looking at 20 pages worth of small print trying to find information. Just doing this right now might take only a few minutes but when I get done I will have to walk away and do something else so I don't get sick. I know some people are just plain lazy but there are some of us out there that just can't set for hours reading or we have to pay for it health wise. Again THANKS for all your help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It may help if this thread were cleaned up, locked and made sticky. 

I tried reading through, got to page 5 and got tired of, I want one, when can I get one, and I like Mountain Dew.    I know I asked about breaking one in, because I couldn't find anything that said, Here is how you break it in.  Of course I got a lot of, RTFT, but I did get a couple good answers back, and a link to what I was looking for. I traced it back to this thread, in the first post, but the link didn't say, How to break in your DLE. 

I did have a question regarding the prop, which post #1 did answer for the most part, but didn't answer for the type of plane I am putting it on, that went in a different thread, on a different topic and didn't reference the DLE20 other than it will be the motor, and here are the sizes I have to choose from, which one fits the plane.  On that one I didn't get a RTFT 

It takes a lot of time to read through all these posts, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't have all day to read one thread to find out about one piece of information. 
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A G-38 for $150 sounds like a sweet deal, if it's in good condition. I just receieved an MT 57 that I bought used here on RCU. Looks gorgeous, and it's HUGE! I bought it to replace an XYX 50 I have in my 78" Hurricane, but now I'm thinking it's TOO big for it! Might just have to look around for an 87" Sukhoi or 300 to slide this MT into...

I'd love to buy a DLE 30 for my 72" Super Stearman but I think I'm first going to try the OS 160 that I have.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That what I'm talking about Doug. We all need to know the person to understand why things are what they are. No one wants you sick and if we know you have a problem all of us will help in any way.
    I see your in state. If your ever in BG stop by and fly with us. Our field is off of exit 28 about 2 miles. Dennis
    DadstoysRC. I fly what I sell
    CD Vette City Big Bird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just got a new rcg 15cc gas engine from hobby king i fliped the prop it rn for 2sec. did that 3 times 2 sec each time> then it froze up so had to send it right back on the 11-22011 hope they send me a new oneany one ever use this engine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oneaew@msn.com

i just got a new rcg 15cc gas engine from hobby king i fliped the prop it rn for 2sec. did that 3 times 2 sec each time> then it froze up so had to send it right back on the 11-22011 hope they send me a new oneany one ever use this engine
    Might get better response in one of the following msg threads (15cc) instead of this one here (DLE20);

http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....2+&i2=rcg+15cc
    Jim L.