Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
  #4851
FOOPED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MIDLAND, TX
Posts: 473
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

If this forum is not for helping everyone out and friendly advice, then we have lost what it was intended for in the first place. Friendship in our hobby.
FOOPED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
  #4852
bgw45
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Haltom City, TX
Posts: 391
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Here is the way I look at this issue. If I'm at the field and ask help from one of the knowledgeable people I fly with, they will always take time to help me along. Those of us that have followed and benefited from the "good" info in this thread are just like the folks at my field that are willing to help. If we spend too much effort evaluating the legitimacy of the question and find the request for information abrasive, could be the problem is within. If I'm tired of helping or can't help, then I don't respond.

I know those that are unwilling so I stay away from them and don't bother them. You can not do that on a board. The guys I ask assistance at my field don't tell me I should go somewhere else, they help. At my age, I sometimes need to be "helped" more than once. They don't mind and I am thankful, just as I am thankful for good info on this board.

It's an open forum. We need listen to those folks that really help and be able to block out the foolishness. I'm not giving my "emotional day" to someone miles away.
bgw45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM
  #4853
karolh
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mandeville, JAMAICA
Posts: 6,221
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: JNorton

Well it didn't crack me up. You guys don't have a 1/10th the knowledge T.O.M has. While your busy patting each other on the back one of the biggest resources of engine knowledege has left. Yah he could be abrasive - so what - you knew what he said you could take to the bank. Later,
John
I'll gladly second this, as I have much to be thankful to T.O.M for. Thank goodnes I think I know how to reach him if I'm ever really in need.

Karol
karolh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 PM
  #4854
TimBle
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 2,744
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Why the depndency on T.O.M? Sure he is a knowledgable guy but its the very dependency displayed here that leads to his rants and outbursts.
Teaching is a double edged sword.
 
TimBle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 AM
  #4855
JNorton
 
JNorton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Coopersville, MI
Posts: 4,322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Look at when I joined. There has been posted many offerings of advice that was just mildly saying flat wrong. PE, Antique, Jedijody and TOM would always give answers in depth and detailed responses - year after year. I guess after repeatedly answering the same questions that were sometimes posted 2 posts above the current post you get tired of spoon feeding individuals.

This will be my last post on the subject as most have hardened views and I've stated my viewpoint.
John
JNorton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:25 AM
  #4856
SigMan
 
SigMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boonville, IN
Posts: 1,149
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

whio is T.O.M ?
SigMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:03 AM
  #4857
TimBle
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 2,744
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: JNorton

Look at when I joined. There has been posted many offerings of advice that was just mildly saying flat wrong. PE, Antique, Jedijody and TOM would always give answers in depth and detailed responses - year after year. I guess after repeatedly answering the same questions that were sometimes posted 2 posts above the current post you get tired of spoon feeding individuals.

This will be my last post on the subject as most have hardened views and I've stated my viewpoint.
John

Teachers have to deliver the same material year in year out, sometimes thay have come backs...
Some last 30 yrs and others throw in the towel after a few.
However once teachers start taking out their frustrations on their pupils then its time to move on or be moved on. Simple really.

If you don't want a culture of people needing to be spoon fed, then simply don't spoon feed. Answer what they need to know but leave enough gaps for them to ask questions.
they run off and find the answers themselves or they come back for more. At this point the "expert" can chose to engage further or not.
Simply no need to berate the person asking the question. Thats simply indicative of needing an ego stroked.

TimBle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:14 AM
  #4858
DougB1
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 494
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TimBle


Quote:
ORIGINAL: JNorton

Look at when I joined. There has been posted many offerings of advice that was just mildly saying flat wrong. PE, Antique, Jedijody and TOM would always give answers in depth and detailed responses - year after year. I guess after repeatedly answering the same questions that were sometimes posted 2 posts above the current post you get tired of spoon feeding individuals.

This will be my last post on the subject as most have hardened views and I've stated my viewpoint.
John

Teachers have to deliver the same material year in year out, sometimes thay have come backs...
Some last 30 yrs and others throw in the towel after a few.
However once teachers start taking out their frustrations on their pupils then its time to move on or be moved on. Simple really.

If you don't want a culture of people needing to be spoon fed, then simply don't spoon feed. Answer what they need to know but leave enough gaps for them to ask questions.
they run off and find the answers themselves or they come back for more. At this point the ''expert'' can chose to engage further or not.
Simply no need to berate the person asking the question. Thats simply indicative of needing an ego stroked.

I LIKE THIS PERSON, RIGHT ON ! ( that shows how old I am ) LOL
DougB1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:21 AM
  #4859
captinjohn
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hesperia Michigan, MI
Posts: 12,873
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

OK...I got a Idea that may help!

This thread is very long. Now if someone could post on about every 50 th page a short note of what page number the main topics what was posted about....the search would be far faster. When a thread gets 194 pages long all one would need to do is check every 50 pages to zero in on what was talked about. This should be done as each new thread gets longer than 50 replies. The first 50 pages of this thread answers a lot. Also for a person who is searching....just jump every 50 postings....to find more data.

I miss TOM as others do. I do not miss his kinda turbalant way of replying! After reading many postings that guys that took a lot of time replying with good advice....we miss them. At least I do. Hey we are all Family in this hobby...so be kind....be patient and help when you can. Thanks for reading my Idea anyway!!!! Capt,n
captinjohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:34 AM
  #4860
SpinnerRow
 
SpinnerRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Posts: 1,372
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TimBle
Teachers have to deliver the same material year in year out, sometimes thay have come backs...
Some last 30 yrs and others throw in the towel after a few.
However once teachers start taking out their frustrations on their pupils then its time to move on or be moved on. Simple really.

If you don't want a culture of people needing to be spoon fed, then simply don't spoon feed. Answer what they need to know but leave enough gaps for them to ask questions.
they run off and find the answers themselves or they come back for more. At this point the ''expert'' can chose to engage further or not.
Simply no need to berate the person asking the question. Thats simply indicative of needing an ego stroked.
Yea, Buddy!
SpinnerRow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
  #4861
a1pcfixer
 
a1pcfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: La Porte, IN
Posts: 2,505
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Quote:
ORIGINAL: captinjohn

OK...I got a Idea that may help!

This thread is very long. Now if someone could post on about every 50 th page a short note of what page number the main topics what was posted about....the search would be far faster..................

I miss TOM as others do. I do not miss his kinda turbalant way of replying!...............Hey we are all Family in this hobby...so be kind....be patient and help when you can. Thanks for reading my Idea anyway!!!! Capt,n
I highlighted and created the list of DLE20 Info & links, which are now part of Post #1.
Such has also been noted in the changed topic shown as "NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)"

I used to re-post my list every dozen or so pages, until the whiners came along. You got a fairly good idea, but after 5 postings, some re-ask a question just answered a page or two back. Just the nature of some, and we can't change their ways. Besides, staff are volunteers, and not likely to spend much time cleaning up msg threads.

As for Patrick, I doubt he's banned, more likely placed on 'moderated' status. If anyone have a need for his input, head over here.....
http://tinyurl.com/d93t9s5

Besides, nature abhors a vacuum so others will eventually fill the void at some point.

Better to agree to disagree on some things and just move on.

Besides, it's Thanksgiving Day here in the USA, so go stuff yourselves!
a1pcfixer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
  #4862
microdon2
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Whitestone, NY
Posts: 1,883
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Hey, what'st best prop for a DLE 20?


KIDDING!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all you RC'ers out there!
microdon2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 AM
  #4863
a1pcfixer
 
a1pcfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: La Porte, IN
Posts: 2,505
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: DougB1

.................................................. .................................................. I get headaches from reading small print for any length of time ( computer or a magazine) so that is one reason I might ask questions rather than looking at 20 pages worth of small print trying to find information. Just doing this right now might take only a few minutes but when I get done I will have to walk away and do something else so I don't get sick. I know some people are just plain lazy but there are some of us out there that just can't set for hours reading or we have to pay for it health wise. Again THANKS for all your help.
Here's a trick to help ya with small print on a PC display.

Hold down the CTRL key, then use your mouse' scroll wheel to enlarge/shrink on-screen print to suit your eyesight.

-or-

Change the font settings in the browser you use.
a1pcfixer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM
  #4864
ghoffman
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bedford, NH
Posts: 1,300
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Or with a MacBook, just spread your fingers on the mouse pad.
ghoffman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:14 AM
  #4865
TimBle
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 2,744
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

LOL

Happy thanks giving to you lot across the pond. May  y'all return, refreshed, batteries charged and covering tightened (turkey has that effect)
TimBle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 AM
  #4866
karolh
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mandeville, JAMAICA
Posts: 6,221
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TimBle

Why the depndency on T.O.M? Sure he is a knowledgable guy but its the very dependency displayed here that leads to his rants and outbursts.
Teaching is a double edged sword.
Pity you see it as a dependency, as over the years numerous persons have benefitted quite a lot from teachings from T.O.M and others like him who used to frequent this forum, to the point that they are now equipped to offer correct and helpful information where needed. As for myself, I like to think that I am a lighter shade of green thanks to them.

Karol
karolh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:00 PM
  #4867
kiwibob72
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 823
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

With all this 'T O M' issue over the last few pages, may I ask if this is a forum on the DLE20 gas motor, or someones attitude towards how they let their information out into a public space, and what people think about the way they do it? Is it possible to get back onto topic here, as I'm not really reading through this to debate if someone is a nice guy or not, I am really only interested in feedback from people here that want to offer their views and experience about the topic at hand.

On that basis, I'll be running a DLE20 (with wraparound pits) in a H9 Blue Nose mustang and was considering a 16x8 Master Airscrew 'Classic' - After reading 'Spinnerrows' posts on the motor fail, and someone else's comment on how you can gain up to 1200rpm inflight with a "slipery airframe" ..... is this a good choice, or should I go for a larger pitch option, like a 16x10?, as I'm not looking to have a bullet, just a good reliable yet 'quick' aircraft (the op listed a profile, and I wanted to talk apples for apples here)
kiwibob72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
  #4868
raydar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: stirling, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 436
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

keep it loaded,use a16 8 quality wooden prop as a minimum, loose the plastic crap mas two blade props unless they have evolved into something more efficient in the last few months or all you will get is noise and no pull.
raydar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:02 PM
  #4869
DougB1
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 494
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer


Quote:
ORIGINAL: DougB1

.................................................. .................................................. I get headaches from reading small print for any length of time ( computer or a magazine) so that is one reason I might ask questions rather than looking at 20 pages worth of small print trying to find information. Just doing this right now might take only a few minutes but when I get done I will have to walk away and do something else so I don't get sick. I know some people are just plain lazy but there are some of us out there that just can't set for hours reading or we have to pay for it health wise. Again THANKS for all your help.
Here's a trick to help ya with small print on a PC display.

Hold down the CTRL key, then use your mouse' scroll wheel to enlarge/shrink on-screen print to suit your eyesight.

-or-

Change the font settings in the browser you use.
WOW, IT WORKS !! You can't look stuff like that up (can you ) LOL THANKS
DougB1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  #4870
a1pcfixer
 
a1pcfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: La Porte, IN
Posts: 2,505
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: DougB1

WOW, IT WORKS !! You can't look stuff like that up (can you ) LOL THANKS
Your welcome and yes you can look that up....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CTRL%2BScroll+wheel
a1pcfixer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:08 PM
  #4871
SigMan
 
SigMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boonville, IN
Posts: 1,149
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

sweety !
SigMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:13 PM
  #4872
a1pcfixer
 
a1pcfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: La Porte, IN
Posts: 2,505
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SigMan

sweety !
There's 3 reasons that's wrong.....1-It has one too many letters, 2-it's just wrong, and 3...umm....errr...hey Gov Perry help me out here![&:]
a1pcfixer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 PM
  #4873
TimBle
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 2,744
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

I think he likes you like a 16X8
TimBle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
  #4874
kiwibob72
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 823
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)


Quote:
ORIGINAL: raydar

keep it loaded, use a 16 8 quality wooden prop as a minimum, loose the plastic crap mas two blade props unless they have evolved into something more efficient in the last few months or all you will get is noise and no pull.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
kiwibob72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 PM
  #4875
acdii
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 6,275
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Is there a 14" prop that will work OK with this motor?  A plane I have in mind specs out a 14" blade, but I think a 15 may work on it if I put larger wheels on it.
acdii is offline  
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 AM.