Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 240 of 269 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6722

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

No. I used one I ordered from HK for an RCG 50 engine. I'm 99% sure it's the same one used for a DLE 55.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is much cheaper to buy a ignition from Milton at RC Extreme Power than it is to pay double price for a ignition that says DLE on it.

Best thing to do with the so called manual that Tower printed up for the DLE engines is throw it away.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

Hey tailskid, it has the same exact weight as the DLE. We put them both on the scale at Valley View. Not only does it come with a muffler, you get your choice of muffler orientation for your plane. It also comes with a genuine Walbro carb and RCEXEL ignition with proper curve. It even comes with a motor mount and spinner adaptor! Quite the deal while this introductory price lasts.
    WOW! That makes we want to 'borrow' some funds from Momma Do they take PayPal?

UPDATE: Yes they do take PayPal...I tried ordering one of the XYZ20cc and they wouldn't (or couldn't) take the order! guess I will have to try again later tonight.....

Another question, where do I get to select the muffler?

Jerry
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gade600sdi, do I understand that you switched out your original DLE ignition for a RCEXEL ignition? Tom at Valley View says that wen doing that you have to time it differently.... and to retard the sensor as far as it will go. Setting the timing "static" does not mean the CDI unit will be giving you that timing when it is running at top speed. So a static setting is just relative to which ignition you are using and how that unit is designed to kick into gear once the engine is running. Of course at low rpm's the unit will retard quite a bit, but at high speed it's just relative to your static setting. Give Tom a call at VV and he can explain this difference when changing over to the RCEXEL ignition.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tailskid

Hey tailskid, it has the same exact weight as the DLE. We put them both on the scale at Valley View. Not only does it come with a muffler, you get your choice of muffler orientation for your plane. It also comes with a genuine Walbro carb and RCEXEL ignition with proper curve. It even comes with a motor mount and spinner adaptor! Quite the deal while this introductory price lasts.
    WOW! That makes we want to 'borrow' some funds from Momma Do they take PayPal?

UPDATE: Yes they do take PayPal...I tried ordering one of the XYZ20cc and they wouldn't (or couldn't) take the order! guess I will have to try again later tonight.....

Another question, where do I get to select the muffler?

Jerry
    Iemailed them after I placed the order and they sent me the correct muffler.

SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good lookin planes there mody. Pheonix Models make a nice 20cc size (Edge or Extra?) also. Have you looked at the XYZ for your next 20cc?
    Thanks Ernie,

I had Phoenix Model's Strega 40 which I sold out with ASP .52 two stroke glow on it. I've said goodbye to glow planes. Phoenix models are OK quality, I've heard Black Horse Models is the father of Phoenix models guy and his quality is better. Seagull models are amongst best of all these. These are all Vietnamese companies. American pioneer hobbies have some good planes of Black Horse Models.

As far as XYZ is concerned, $159 is a good price. I've gotten me a budget of $500 for Xmas to get me Dewoitine D.520 by Seagull models and motor. If I bought XYZ 20CC and by Dec 16 prices still stay the same, I may end up saving $90 which is pretty good. Ernie do you have a good experience with XYZ? or do these engines suck? I'm using NGK CM-6 plugs, and I have still 2 brand new in my stock.

It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry I'm sleepy so I saw the price wrong it's $179.99. Still saving of $70 not bad I'm gonna have to wait until mid of December, hopefully I might get lucky and get some good deals before Xmas
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We're getting off-topic here, but there are a few of the XYZ 20's being flown at our field. They seem to run and handle no differently and just as well as the DLE. A far cry from the early XYZ's, which were crap.
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool that the XYZ 20's seem like good engines. I had an XYZ 50 two years ago that was not a great engine - wonder if they're better now, too. But if you get the DLE 20 at TH, and you belong to the Super Saver club (which, I'd expect, we all do), you get a $50 discount off of $300. So you order two more props or a servo (that you probably need, anyway) along with the engine and you're getting the engine for $199, not @249. I'd rather go with a DLE 20 for another $20.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, different things are brought up, different other topics are discussed, it's not like we are getting off the topic.

Anyway all you guys, in a bit I'm gonna put down the links of my DLE20's videos. One of the video got garbled I don't know how, so it showed it the highest RPM was reaching between 8,200 to 8,400. It is a good RPM for DLE20 though I care less about RPM's. I went to my flying field, and it was chained with a combination lock and the combination of that I don't have.

I did not know that. Our president told me I can still go fly the plane, and I'm supposed to pay the dues which I'm gonna do in December along with my AMA membership renewal.

What I wanted to ask y'all, please look at these four videos in next posting I'm gonna do that, as they are still being processed by youtube so, tell me what settings need to be done on LSN or HSN.

Well, some people get good experience with good engines some get bad, I guess it's all luck or bad batch!

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The last one looks best I think, just keep it and then add another video when you get the plane in the air. Nice work, thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Ernie,

As much as I'm trying to get the plane up in the air, I'm having some issues, like our club's entrance was chained with a combination lock, I won't be able to get in there unless somebody's there already flying. Or once I've paid the dues, then they would send me the combination.

Anyway, hopefully I'd make some more videos and upload it. More inputs and suggestions are welcome[8D]

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mody, I'm sure you know clubs with flying sites don't just happen? They take money and work, usually not too much, but generally supplied by the guys that use them? Our field is padlocked as well. Generally it's to keep out vandals, but it's also a reminder to pilots they need to stay current with AMA licenses and club dues as well? Unfortunately, some just don't get that concept without a little "reinforcement".

Once paid up and attending regularly, I think you'll find what it cost you a huge bargain! If the dues sting a little, ask about credit given in exchange for tasks performed there? Many (most?) clubs offer discounted memberships to those willing to contribute a little sweat? If you can't use the field because of other obligations much of the year, ask about a partial year membership rate?

Glad to see you're to the point you can put a flying field to good use!
    -Al

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks,

Thanks for the comments, actually, my club's dues are very cheap as compared to other clubs, since its been a month I've been hired as permanent employee, so I'm trying to catch up on my financial matters. My AMA membership like any other good until December 31, and club dues are gonna come out too. For a lot of people our field is ideal since there are hardly any fliers, but one of the most hurtful thing is the members of our club have reduced from 50+ to may be only 12+, and only few people come to fly and some want more people to be there and when they see the empty flying field, probably they change their mind.

My flying field is hardly 4 to 5 miles away and to be honest with you other flying fields are pretty far and I don't wanna go to the other clubs and pay $200+ for the club membership and all. My club's membership is just $75 but I don't know what's going on with it. Probably we will see

I'd most likely try to post more videos of my DLE20.

One more thing I like to ask y'all in this video, on full throttle did you notice the variation in sound couple of times? If yes, can you tell me why was that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbH4mG0IUdw

Thanks

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I couldn't tell much from the sound in a video. Had a hic up or two huh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes it sure does have 2 hiccups! what can be said to it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try slightly leaning the HS needle and see if that goes away. It could be just "4-cycling" from being on the rich side. Be aware of just the opposite though and going too lean and overheating the engine. Use your tach to get highest rpm's then richen the HS needle slightly but not enough that it begins 4-cycling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Ernie,

I'm gonna do that, and hopefully when I'd go to the flying field, one of the very well experienced guy should be there, he flies gas planes and other planes, and by profession he flies Boeing 737. He's gotten pretty good experience on DLE20 and I'd certainly do as you have said that. Probably you are right may be the piston ring was trying to get adjusted and the new engine was trying to get used to the fuel and all that stuff? Could have been many reasons.

Thanks once again

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Everyone,

I have a DLE 20 with about 4hrs flying on it.It has been working fine until recently after I moved the Ignition Switch to the front of the firewall beside the ignition unit. I have flown twice since I did this and the engine cut  both times, first time about ten seconds after take off, the next time I got about 11/2 minutes.

The engine was over half throttle when it cut. Its running fine on the ground. I ground ran it today for 10 minutes without a problem. I cant see how the position of the ignition switch could cause it. The only other thing changed is the fuel tank vent line is protruding about an inch less from the bottom of the cowl than before. 

Any Ideas? Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bad switch. They don't like vibration, especially when they are that close to the engine. Install a new switch further from the engine and try it again.
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly

If it was running fine before you changed anything then what ever you changed is most likely to be the problem

β€œIn order to fly, all one must do is simply miss the ground.”

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

Bad switch. They don't like vibration, especially when they are that close to the engine. Install a new switch further from the engine and try it again.
    Or replace the mechanical switch with an Opto switch limked to a spare channel on the Rx

A designer knows he has achieved perfection when there is nothing left to take away (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
    Club Saito member #814, Spitfire bro #230

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I was thinking it might be the effect of vibration on the switch. The switch is  Futaba Heavy Duty however and  needs a good bit of movement from the on position to break the connection. I have a 2mm wire pushrod  extension on the switch extending through the cowl. I can pull on the pushrod moving the switch toward the off position without going to the off position while the engine is running without stopping the engine. Anyway I'll get an opto switch and see how it goes. Is there a minimum distance the fuel vent line should protrude from the cowl?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Protruding length is not that important, but make sure you run a loop of the vent line all the way to the rear of the tank and back out front, so that when the model is facing down the fuel will not run down the vent line

A designer knows he has achieved perfection when there is nothing left to take away (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
    Club Saito member #814, Spitfire bro #230