Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 248 of 269 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6722

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Thanks, Ernie! I think I'll get some headed my way. It's winter tank re-build time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You are welcome. Be sure and check out the Tygothane Poly.. tubing as well as the Viton. The Tygothane one is very reasonable and I think is flexible for clunk lines. I have an order coming. They also have high temp silicone tubing for couplings in tuned pipes or mousse can setups. Much cheaper than Macs's Products. They have aluminum tubeing, same size as Mac's headers as well, up to 3/4" anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

Since Du-Bro's products are reliable and trusted. I'm gonna go ahead and use Tygon and these are the items I'm gonna use.

Thanks

Mody
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ro41727.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	1835137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw73182.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	1835138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79004.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	415.4 KB 
ID:	1835139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av67963.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	332.2 KB 
ID:	1835140  
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've ONLY used Du-Bro Tygon and never had any problems.....good choice IMHO.
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks tailskid,

I've been using Du-Bro's product, and they are pretty reliable. When I first went to my hobby shop in order to get a Du-Bro's fuel tank, they didn't have gas stopper. I was told that for the inside of tank, I should be using black neoprene not tygon as it may get brittle, but a lot of people advised me here to use Tygon so I'm gonna go for the Tygon, and Dubro's product are pretty cheap to be used.

Mody
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DuBro is still among the best for bang-for-the-buck. You'll be just fine, Armody.
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

DuBro is still among the best for bang-for-the-buck. You'll be just fine, Armody.
    It sure is a bang for the buck Since the day of Christmas we had wind gusts like 40Mph now it's been mellowed down. Temp is lower 30's here at night. In the day it's higher 40's which is pretty good and cold for here where I live.

Next week hopefully I'd try to have my maiden, if weather allows it especially wind[:@]

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used Tygon and had no failures. The tubing eventually hardens and needs replaced. Make sure your tank is easy to remove and leave enough tubing attached so that you can pull the tank out enough to get to the stopper screw.

I'm trying Viton this upcoming season and perhaps I won't have to change the fuel pickup line quite so often/ever.
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you leave some fuel in your tank, your tygon will remain pliable.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Tygon tubing finally harden up after 3-4 years - in my Fuel Can!
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tailskid

My Tygon tubing finally harden up after 3-4 years - in my Fuel Can!
    Well never mind then. I am just making it up to mislead my fellow modelers.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So you're going with a Dubro tank too, right? One clunk or two? What about filtration?

My 20cc profile ProX260 is going to have a Hayes 8oz. tank with Viton or Tygothane Polyurethane for the clunk line since I have some coming from McMaster Carr anyway, single clunk with a T for filling and a filter before the carb.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Quick question about engine timing: What is the net result if you set up the engine with LESS advance than the 28-32 degreees called for? Would it necessarily harm the engine? A little less performance but cooler running or easier starting qualities? Thanks in advance for any knowledgable responses!
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the tank setup? Two outlets coming out of tank one is for vent and other goes to the carb. The one for vent is bent upwards and I'm going to use it for fueling the tank as well, once tank is full, I'd insert a fuel stopper to it. Is this setup OK?

Thanks

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Armody-

Don't think that will work as tank will need a vent since fuel is pumped and you will end up creating a vacuum. Suggest a "T" in the line to the carb with one leg of the "T" being your fill line. Some people put a loop in the vent line to avoid any issues and then let it hang out the bottom of the plane. Others just let the vent line hang out of the bottom of the plane.

Fill tank until gas comes out of the open vent line then plug the fill line. That leaves the vent line always open.

Larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phakur

Armody-

Don't think that will work as tank will need a vent since fuel is pumped and you will end up creating a vacuum. Suggest a ''T'' in the line to the carb with one leg of the ''T'' being your fill line. Some people put a loop in the vent line to avoid any issues and then let it hang out the bottom of the plane. Others just let the vent line hang out of the bottom of the plane.

Fill tank until gas comes out of the open vent line then plug the fill line. That leaves the vent line always open.

Larry

+1... Phakur is right... you're gas tank should have three ports (1 to carb, 1 to fill, and one to vent the tank). If you only have two connectors on your tank then you'll have to fill through the carb line with a t-connector or a fuel filler do-hickey like the one from Dubro (it actually closes the lead to the carb during refueling) and the vent line (is it clear that the vent line is important? lol)

anyway... it's a great motor... runs like a champ, easy to maintain, and pretty resilient...
    President of the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, warbird brotherhood
    Member of the Scale Squadron of Southern California
    Member of the One Eighth Air Force - Arizona
    Spitfire Brotherhood - Member #202
    P-47 Brotherhood - Member #105
    3rd place - ProAm Sportsman - U.S. Scale Masters 2014 GunSmoke Qualifier
    Frank Migliaccio
    949-636-5666

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

phakur thanks,

sparky, I do have T-connector, so that has to be connected to the line which goes to the carb and once the tank is filled up, I can plug the stopper to that line which goes to the carb and connected with T-connector. 2nd line which is for vent, I would take it curl it around on the top of the tank and let it hang downwards, open right? Which would push out the gas once it's full?

Have I understood it correctly?

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you use the T setup you might want to run a filter right before the carb. The T fueling method renders a clunk filter useless but that's okay with the carb filter. Another great option is to run 2 clunks in the tank. One is just for fueling / unfueling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ernie - I think I just realized why you're saying that the T-method renders the clunk filter useless - because any particles in the fuel will get trapped on the carb-side of the clunk while filling the tank, and so will get pulled back up to the carb when fuel direction reverses, during normal engine running. Is that right? I had not thought of that before. So it seems I need to install some in-line filters on my planes, between the T and the carb.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's it microdon2, you got it. Yes, with that T setup it's way more important to have a filter before the carb. That's one advantage of a two clunk setup which is very popular. No, the two clunk lines don't get tangled or twisted.

Often you'll see guys fueling glow planes or whatever at the field and sometimes they'll have an in lilne filter but then fill the tank from the wrong side of that filter too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's why the hand-crank pump on my Jersey Fueler pumps the fuel through a filter on it's way TO the fill-line in the airplane. A CrapTrap right before the carb seals the deal.
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly

I have a ceramic flilter clunk ($4) in my fuel tanks and in my fuel fillers... Never got crap from a t setup from 20cc to 150cc. Forgot to say never...
    I Am WrongWayRC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I prefer the 3 line setup since it eliminates the possibility of getting an air leak between the tank and carb, also eliminates the need for extra filters.  Did that to all my planes, glow and gas.  Since I use one of those metal fuel plugs, it also adds a touch of scale to my warbird.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Never say neverI also use a 3 line tank for the same reasons mentioned here, neither right or wrong just the way I like to do it. But the vent MUST remain open or your tank will collapse and your engine will quit at the most inopportune moment.
    ORIGINAL: Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway

I have a ceramic flilter clunk ($4) in my fuel tanks and in my fuel fillers... Never got crap from a t setup from 20cc to 150cc. Forgot to say never...
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I filter my fuel as it exits the hand pump. After that I trust the crap trap built into the carb? This in an attemp to minimize trouble/leaks on board.... and the carb's crap trap not that hard to inspect/service on occasion!

Mody, you're understanding correctly!