Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

That's NOT RCU, but the host server for badbradgraphics that gives you that error.
He didn't link it correctly.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 03-28-2012, 05:17 PM
unclecrash

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

That's NOT RCU, but the host server for badbradgraphics that gives you that error.
He didn't link it correctly.
No need to shout. How the heck do I know with all the problems of late on here, I don't service computers I just try to use them.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question.
When I run the engine wot with the recommended cm6 plug it sounds like that the ignition misfire every once in a while and not a steady engine sound.
Any idea why?

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doomking

Quick question.
When run the engine wot with the recommended cm6 plug it sounds like that the ignition misfire every once in a while and not a steady engine sound.
Any idea why?

Thanks for the help.
Have you checked the engine timing?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 AM
livefast_livefun

Ihave just recently bought a dle 20 and noticed the same thing as you are saying. I was running a 6v ignition pack, i switched it out with a 4.8v pack and problem solved! Runs great now!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running also a 4.8 volt pack.
How do you check your timing?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 04:49 PM
oldtyme

There is soooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn on my intro to gas. I need to calm myself about one problem I have seen in several threads. I just bought two DLE20 engines and was very excited about it but after reading about a advance curve/idle problem with RCEXL ignition ver#4, I'm beginning to wonder what to do. I have talked to Tom at Valley View RC about other subjects that I had read about and he put me at ease but I haven't talked to him about this idle curve problem. Am I going to have problems with this ignition. I have read that you should buy the ignition for the DLE30 or 55 but that gets expensive so is that really necessary. If this subject has been beat to death then forgive me but my eyes are bloody from reading and I would just like some direct answers from the experienced guys in this bunch.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
Old 04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
w8ye

The problem with the ignition curve does not bother most people. It just depends on how you tune it, what prop you are running, and what plane you have.

It is entirely possible that you could have used your engines for years and never have been aware of any problem?

If you are going to get another ignition, get the standard RCEXL for a CM-6 spark plug.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

oldtyme-
Really, suggest dealing with this "problem" when you encounter it. It's discussed at length here so you recognize what it's doing when it happens, understand why it's happening, which should allow you to react accurately with a little less trouble figuring out what's going on?

Get your engine running and start flying it. If you run into trouble, holler. Don't spend money replacing this ign. because of what you read here just cuz....
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Ill give you 40 bucks for your DLE 20 ignition!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:27 AM
RiverLarry

Hay does any body know when the kick off date is going to be when the
C H Ignitions are going to be able to bepick up ???? R/L
Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

River Larry, I am back home now in Mich. When I get caught up and putting everything where I can find it....I will look more into the new CH ignition dealer. See you soon....somewhere.....Capt,n
Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 AM
w8ye

ORIGINAL: RiverLarry

Hay does any body know when the kick off date is going to be when the
C H Ignitions are going to be able to bepick up ???? R/L
PM him and find out?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...1&memid=488878

Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, finally got around to the first run up of my DLE20 and let me tell you, I was getting P1$$3d off with it. Dang thing would not draw any fuel. I finally pulled the plug, squirted some fuel into the cylinder and just started flipping the prop back and forth. After about 20 minutes of doing that it finally drew fuel.  I put the plug back in, then tried flip starting it, no go. Hit it with the starter again and it finally popped off. Once it started running it ran good. Needs adjusting for sure, top speed at WOT was only about 7600 RPM with a 16x8 XOAR.  Mid range around 5600-6500 it burbles a bit, but idles down nicely, only a slight bit of high rpms before settling down. Quick responses on the throttle and it moves up and down smoothly, let it idle for more than 5 seconds and there is a delay before it revs back up. 

I ran it for about 8 minutes at varying speeds, mostly idle to mid range, with a few small bursts at WOT, which I need to now adjust with a throttle curve since just above 1/2 stick to 3/4 stick is all I have, once it hits 3/4 stick there is no more out of it, even though the throttle is still moving. I'm sure tweaking the needles will help that out as well. 

It is a strong runner that is for sure! I also tested the throttle cut, works like it should. I gave it a restart, one quick flip and it was running again.  I should have no problems with this motor pulling my Dewey around, heck it may even do 3D with the power it has. 

Oh one other thing to note, dont hang the tach off the spark plug wire, it messes with the readout. I had it up there so I could see it, otherwise it was hanging down facing the prop.   I'm going to hook up the telemetry module to this plane so I can monitor the temp, rpms, and pack voltages, so I have a better idea on how it performs since this will be a similar setup in the Mustang I am building, but will have Futaba gear in it, so no telemetry. 

The only negative that I have is this bugger is LOUD! We had to shout to be heard at 1/2 throttle. I am definitely going to get a different muffler for this. There is noisy, and there is loud, and even though we fly out in farm country, there are still neighbors that this can annoy.  I walked 120 feet away and it was LOUD at 1/2 throttle.  If the bugger would putter like a Harley, maybe I could have a flying motor cycle. 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
mach2

If this was your first time running it, its best to use a starter. I dont own one personally, so I used a friends. The time I had to prime the carb after I took everything apart after a crash, it did take a while to get fuel to the carb. I just vigorously flipped the prop with the choke on and it finally got there. My tank was pretty low too since I was doing an "experimental" location for it.....

It starts first flip...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
bearcatt1
My Feedback: (1)

Just to give you some notice in sound. I purchased from Valleyview RC, a noise suppressor for DLE 20, I believe it works well for my Cessna 182. I didn't want it to sound like a warbird. Price is $20.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
mach2

does it change the tone of the engine or does it work like the one that is made by Troy Built Models? www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/TBMDLE20SILENCER.html

I wouldnt say the DLE20 has a warbird sound. More like a aggressive little hotrod.

The DLE55 slingin' a big prop sounds like a real sport plane. If someone saw a plane flying around like that from a distance, they would have a hard time figuring out if its a real airplane or RC.

A club member had a brand new Sukhoi with the 55. Its impressive to see and hear a large RC plane like that in the air...

This is my buddy's raven with the DLE55. His pitts muffler has a bit of a metallic tinny sound. But I LOVE the sound of big gassers
www.youtube.com/watch

Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 AM
acdii

ORIGINAL: bearcatt1

Just to give you some notice in sound. I purchased from Valleyview RC, a noise suppressor for DLE 20, I believe it works well for my Cessna 182. I didn't want it to sound like a warbird. Price is $20.
I just looked, it shows a picture of one piece, the DLE20 muffler has 2 ports, so does the kit come with a piece for each port?

Although that does give me an idea. I have acess to aluminum and a mill, I could probably make something that would work.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On eyear on and the 2nd gallon finished. My 20 is starting to feel like its broken in.
Good compression and starting is not too hard after the first start. I've advanced the timing and it will sometimes run backwards and not want to throttle up. Flip it faster and it fires up and runs in the right direction.
I've also started leaning the engine outto get rid of the misfire. Oooodles of power. Pulls the H9 Showtime 90 vertical forever. thats a 4.2Kg bird without fuel. the 12oz tanks is good for probably 20-25min flying time.

Running a single ZIppy Flightmax 2500mAhr battery. Switch to Ylead.

One end to Rx
other end to igntion via a Diode and Rcexl Opto kill switch. No regulator
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM
mach2

ORIGINAL: acdii

I just looked, it shows a picture of one piece, the DLE20 muffler has 2 ports, so does the kit come with a piece for each port?

Although that does give me an idea. I have acess to aluminum and a mill, I could probably make something that would work.
are you talking about the "stinger" pipe where the exhuast gasses actually exit the muffler? The stock muffler has only one pipe on it....www.dle-engines.com/dleg0020.html

Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 AM
acdii

ORIGINAL: mach2

ORIGINAL: acdii

are you talking about the "stinger" pipe where the exhuast gasses actually exit the muffler? The stock muffler has only one pipe on it....www.dle-engines.com/dleg0020.html

WTH was I thinking? I had to go look up pictures of my plane to check, for some odd reason I was thinking it had 2 outlets on it.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM
CH Ignitions
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Larry,

I do take orders over the phone, emails, PM's. I am fairly responsive within couple hours if I miss a call.
I am now in Florida and I waited to buy a house so I can do all I want, when I wanted.
The cloasing suppose to be on April 6 that just past and 2 days before cloasing ...Bank come back with negative resopnse.
I rent for nowa house in WPB (West Palm Beach) asof April 21for a year untill I will buy a house .
I did not want to open all up and have "100" addresses floating around to confuse people. But after May 1st after I hope to be seattled in ,in to the rental house I will fully open up.
We talk on the phone about your 2 Saito FA150 conversions. So ...contact me back and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you
Adrian Ciulei
Old 04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Betoperez

ORIGINAL: Steve

I know this is probably in the thread some where, but does anyone know what the Walbro replacement part number is? My butterfly plate came loose as well and rubbed some grooves in the housing. I'd like to replace it with a Walbro. Thanks.

Walbro carb equivalent for the DLE20 is WT793.
Any of your guys knows who sales the walbro carburator wt793 on line.

Thank you.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Betoperez

ORIGINAL: Steve

I know this is probably in the thread some where, but does anyone know what the Walbro replacement part number is? My butterfly plate came loose as well and rubbed some grooves in the housing. I'd like to replace it with a Walbro. Thanks.

Walbro carb equivalent for the DLE20 is WT793.

Any of your guys knows who sales the Walbro WT793 on line?

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.