Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Enya Gasoline Engine with Glow Plug

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Enya Gasoline Engine with Glow Plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 AM
R/C Phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Enya Gasoline Engine with Glow Plug

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Enya engines, I own 4 of them, have owned Enyas since the early 80's.

But, please explain to me how a plain Jane 2 strokes with a basic weed eater type Walbro carb is so much "Higher end" than the aformentionned world beating fuel injected / supercharged YS offering? More specifically: where do you see enough content, performance, and value to justify almost 2X the price?

Here's another data point: An OS 160 FX weighs 30% less and makes 10% more power at about 1/3 the price.

Please spare me the "Enyas never wear out" tales. I have worn out an Enya to the point of zero compression / thrown crankshaft. Enyas do last for a while but wear-out just like all others.

It's not necessarily about the dollar figure my friend, it's about the VALUE.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Enya's way of selling old 180 castings at even higher prices.

Don't get me wrong, Enya always made great stuff. I still have three 155's, one NIB.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 AM
boisebiker

We need updates on this engine. Has anyone seen one run? Is the oil really "special"? How does one go about applying this technology to other engines?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
nateprice215
My Feedback: (1)

I had success converting an echo 22cc engine to glow plug with adjusting the compression ratio and using OS #10 plug. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSzr0EYX7zM

Thanks,
Nate