Gabrielsande

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Saito FG-30 gas troubles

Hi again fellas! Im the guy who started this thread, my saito fg30 still fitted in the gold wings mx2 and running sweet since mid 2009,untouched,I just fuel it start it and fly, still coughing once time to time when cold ,but keeping it happy on the throtle as a glow engine,cures the problem, even last week took it with me after a year sitting in my garage,and started at the first attempt,and flown without a single problem,still using the original carb and ignition,only removed the metal sparkplug cap,and added an extra ground cable.

I have to admit carb is very sensitive to adjustments so changes had to be made little by little and test flying between,and to me worked well a rich mixture on the low end,high end as usual higer rpm peak and then backing of a tad ,but idling is rrch if you leave it idling for too long it getss too rich and stops if you dont punch the stick time to time,it behaves as a glow.
still love it,very happy with it the best sound ever (before a radial of course)

see ya!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:49 AM
Pfroelicher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FG30B not running smooth

Hi
I have this Saito 30FG Gas motor for some years now. In this last model it started to show some strange simptoms. When I roll to the left side and when I go into negative G it starts to cough.. Also.. as others have stated, it does just not run smooth.
The mechanics are OK.. I use MOTUL 800, when I open the engine all is shine, the valves do not stick, I use a 7V Lipo 2S Battery.. so.. all should be fine... I just cannot adjust this motor well.
Next step would be to dissasemble the carb.. which SAITO inadamont says you should never...hehe.
I know, that rolling to the left side is normal to give a “cough”.. The engine always did that.. but.. in the old time it was only the first time.. until the air bubble in the carborator got sucked in... Now.. it is constant..
Any ideas..