Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ's availability

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
stangevil29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ's availability

Is TBM the only place to get a ZDZ in the states? I've been needing a 40ccish that doesn't weigh 70 oz's and can easily turn a 20-21" prop(clearance issues) and rear carb. I've checked their site (among others) virtually every day for months and I have never seen them in stock.
Stangevil29
Old 09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: ZDZ's availability

i see them in the used market quite a bit on here, not sure but i think they are the only one who has them and are dropping that line up from what i recall reading.....
Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
WCB

Check out some of the 35cc engines at Valley View RC.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I contacted them and they had the 40cc's on back order and sold out. You might want to contact them and check stock/order status.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: stangevil29

Is TBM the only place to get a ZDZ in the states? I've been needing a 40ccish that doesn't weigh 70 oz's and can easily turn a 20-21'' prop(clearance issues) and rear carb. I've checked their site (among others) virtually every day for months and I have never seen them in stock.
Stangevil29
Well as far as I know the couple of vendors who did sell ZDZ dropped it after TBM got the importer/distributor rights from RC Showcase, so I think as previosly mentioned that TBM is the only place to get 'em now. Combine that with the fact that they (TBM) really only carried two engines, the Super 80 and Super 160, when they were a re-seller for RC Showcase says something to me about TBM's priorities.

While I've dealt with TBM in the past with good results other than an occasional glitch which was quickly rectified by TBM, it seems that since they decided to be the "Walmart of hobby stores" and hired some new guy to manage the place, there have been LOTS of problems with messed up orders, high shipping charges, people having their credit cards charged for merchandise which was not in stock and then having trouble getting refunds and bad Customer Service issues being reported on various forums especially FG.

With that in mind and even though I really like my ZDZ's, I'm not 'gonna be buying any more of 'em.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

"hired some new guy to manage the place, there have been LOTS of problems with messed up orders, high shipping charges, people having their credit cards charged for merchandise which was not in stock and then having trouble getting refunds and bad Customer Service issues being reported on various forums."
People will not stand for this! If it happens to you, you will never buy there again. Short and simple.