RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11061007-eme-new-engines-35-60-120-twin.html)

emengines 04-29-2012 04:32 AM

EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys, I'm glad to show EME newengines today.

-EME 35 as follows-

emengines 04-29-2012 04:40 AM

RE: EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

1 Attachment(s)
<div id="post_message_1724626">EME 60
<font face="Calibri"><font size="3">This 60engine runs 6450 RPM@ Xoar 23*10 and gets 16.25kgf (35.75 lbs) pull!</font></font>
<font face="Calibri"><font size="3">(It is hard to compare worldwide because Gas quality in China is not as good as USA &amp; Canada. </font></font><font face="Calibri"><font size="3">However, the EME 60 runs 100 RPM more than a compared DA 60 with the same fuel and Prop.)</font></font>

Test video of EME 60is coming soon.

</div>

emengines 04-29-2012 04:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<div id="post_message_1724629">EME 120 twin and EME 120 twin DS(Differ Spark Version)-

Stock compact muffler included. Smoke Ready.
For EME 120 twin DS, smart differ spark tech adopted. 5%~10% more power increasement.

EME 35 &amp; 60 will come in June. EME 120 will come in hot summer!

Furthermore, CALL FOR DEALERS IN USA, CANADA &amp; EUROPE!

Thanks for attention.For more information, welcome to consult us viamail,[email protected]

</div>

airraptor 04-29-2012 08:36 AM

Are those copy's of the DA engines?

BadAzzMaxx 04-29-2012 08:41 AM

If it has a 60cc cylinder and a walbro carb it has to be a copy of a DA or maybe it is a copy of a JC 60 or 120
http://www.jcengine.com/jc60evo.asp
http://www.jcengine.com/JC120evo.asp

But if it is a two stroke gas engine with electronic ignition it has to be a copy of somebodies engine.

Milton

SkyPilot101 04-29-2012 09:40 AM

Look's like they have simular design features as DA engines, probably so when when one looks at them they subconsiously equate them to the DA engine line, thus promoting sales of one particular knock off brand vs anouther.

closetguy 04-29-2012 12:59 PM

100 more rpm's than the da60,lets see a video of that,there pretty like a da.

Mikola 04-29-2012 02:08 PM

do you guys remember the thread of the EME.55 CRAP engine ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10714405
he just opened this thread for advertising because along last months he was in the cave without supporting people here..
please do not buy unknown CRAP engines.

from DLE:

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="font-size: larger;">"As you know, lots of manufactures in ZheJiang is based on copying, they never do research and know nothing about engines. They copy it as long as it make profit. Quality is less considered during the manufacturing"</span></span>

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...69/Lg17438.jpg

SkyPilot101 04-29-2012 03:23 PM

OUCH!!! Too Bad, the obvious DA origines were rather attractive. It would have been cool to put DA stickers on my cowl, who would have known ;)

emengines 04-29-2012 05:40 PM

<span style="font-size: larger"><span lang="EN-US" times="" new="" style="font-family: "><span id="1335750131070E" style="display: none"></span></span></span><span lang="EN-US" times="" new="" style="font-family: "><font size="3">

</p></font></span>

</p><div><span style="font-size: larger">Thanks for posters above for your attention.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">DA is a leading brand to study now and to exceed later. But never clone.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">Must a single gasser 60cc be a clone of DA? Must an engine with a walbro carb be a clone of DA? None sense, I am afraid.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">We design new engine line completely. Cylinders, crankshafts, pistons and fuselage are totally homemade by EME. Copy to none.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">A video of EME 60 production will come soon. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">
.................................................a pologize for very few EME 55.......................................

</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">Finally I apologize for crankshaft issues in very few EME 55 engines in 2011. The issue crankshafts were provided by the factory who provides DXX and us with same quality standard.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">Nowadays we have 4 models, EME 55(and EME 55II), EME 35, EME 60, EME 120 twin(and DS version). </span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div style="border-bottom: windowtext 1pt solid; border-left: medium none; padding-bottom: 1pt; padding-left: 0cm; padding-right: 0cm; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; padding-top: 0cm"><div style="border-bottom: medium none; border-left: medium none; padding-bottom: 0cm; padding-left: 0cm; padding-right: 0cm; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; padding-top: 0cm"><span style="font-size: larger">For EME 55(and EME 55II), we still use crankshafts by that factory with improved quality. And 100% of them are detected with X-ray and ultrasonic machineby EME import quality control groupto detect possible failures (as low as about 0.5%). </span></div><div style="border-bottom: medium none; border-left: medium none; padding-bottom: 0cm; padding-left: 0cm; padding-right: 0cm; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; padding-top: 0cm"><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div style="border-bottom: medium none; border-left: medium none; padding-bottom: 0cm; padding-left: 0cm; padding-right: 0cm; border-top: medium none; border-right: medium none; padding-top: 0cm"><span style="font-size: larger">For new EME 35, EME 60, EME 120 twin(and DS version), all parts, except carburetors (walbro), screws and ball bearings(NSK), are made by EME with strict quality control. Of course, 100% X-ray and ultrasonic detection.</span></div></div><div><span style="font-size: larger"></span></div><div><span style="font-size: larger">Not all Chinese engines are junks.

We believe EME will beone ofleading Chinese engines soon.

Time says all.</span></div>

BadAzzMaxx 04-29-2012 07:31 PM

Then are you going to back up the early engines sold that failed.

Or are you going to just push those customers to the side and try to get new ones. ????

Milton

SkyPilot101 04-29-2012 07:48 PM

We design new engine line completely. Cylinders, crankshafts, pistons and fuselage are totally homemade by EME. Copy to none.

Fuselage? What part of an engine is that? 100% ultrasonic & X-ray examination........I'm not even going to comment on that one!

aussiesteve 04-29-2012 08:30 PM

Or are you going to just push those customers to the side and try to get new ones. ????

LOL
My guess to that would be that they will do what the rest of their countrymen do.

They will ignore the past and just move forward and sell the next latest thing to the next group of "buyers".

I wonder if the cylinder molding mandrels and the crank dies are the same common ones that appear to be popping up in a few other brands recently. If so, it will pretty quickly open up the stakes. ;)

aussiesteve 04-29-2012 08:34 PM

I wonder how long before someone takes the brand on and floods the forums with how good they are and things like "We sell these".

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I won't be using any of my money to find out.

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12856318/rc-internet-sales[/link]

emengines 04-29-2012 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Milton

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

LOL
My guess to that would be that they will do what the rest of their countrymen do.

They will ignore the past and just move forward and sell the next latest thing to the next group of "buyers".

I wonder if the cylinder molding mandrels and the crank dies are the same common ones that appear to be popping up in a few other brands recently. If so, it will pretty quickly open up the stakes. ;)

Thanks for your questions, aussiesteve &amp; BadAzzMaxx.

Crankshift issue took place in a few days of last year. About 300pcs EME 55 gassers were manufactured. The failure rate was about 10% with those issue crankshafts, or about 30pcs EME55 gassers had the risk tofail in early stage.

We had called back almost all of 300pcs EME 55 gassers. And we did compensations via SDS, dealers in that time.

Of course, the issue was, is and will be a lesson for us all the time.

From that time,we have completed and improved EME QC. By the way, QC is real quality control, but not "quick crash".

BR

aussiesteve 04-29-2012 09:41 PM

Well put emengines.

I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you have any distributors outside of China? If you do, who are they?

How is warranty handled right now?
Even the very best engine companies have some warranty issues from time to time and I am sure your company will too.

what does the "BR" in your singatuer line stand for? (what is your name?)

When will you have some good video of the engines running? People will want to see that.

I won't be selling or buying any of your engines but I will make you this offer. Send me any of the enignes and I will inspect it and run it. I will write a totally honest review on it. How it is built, how it is assembled and how it runs. Once I have finished, you can take ownership of the engine back if you like or you can get me to send it to another person iin my country (Australia).

emengines 04-29-2012 10:28 PM

Well put emengines.

I have a couple of questions for you.

Even the very best engine companies have some warranty issues from time to time and I am sure your company will too.

When will you have some good video of the engines running? People will want to see that.

I won't be selling or buying any of your engines but I will make you this offer. Send me any of the enignes and I will inspect it and run it. I will write a totally honest review on it. How it is built, how it is assembled and how it runs. Once I have finished, you can take ownership of the engine back if you like or you can get me to send it to another person iin my country (Australia).
Hello <font color="#00265e" size="2">aussiesteve</font> ,

Thanks for your questions.

-&gt;No official distributors yet. Now Im calling for dealers.

-&gt;Free 18 months covering material and assemble failure for End User.(Improper use, crash etc isnot free )
Detailed rules betweensome people, who have mailed to us for potentialcooperation of dealer, and EME are checked and negotiated now to make to service better.

By the way, 3~5% failure ratewith gassers for flight in yearswill benormal, evenwith the best gassers. So I agree with you that "Even the very best engine companies have some warranty issues ".

&gt;BR= Best Regards, any thing wrong? By the way, You can callme Jeame.

When will you have some good video of the engines running? Send me any of the enignes and I will inspect it and run it. I will write a totally honest review on it.

&gt;Video of manufacture and run will come soon. I am appreciating your interesting of testing EME engine. It will be considered.

BR

Jeame

aussiesteve 04-29-2012 10:38 PM

Hi Jeame
Thanks for the answers.

There is no problem at all with "BR", I was just curious - I should have already known that answer was for "Best Regards" :(

I wish you the best of luck with your product and hope you get some good people to act as your distributors for you.

Steve

3136 04-29-2012 10:58 PM

I wonder how long before someone takes the brand on and floods the forums with how good they are and things like "We sell these".

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I won't be using any of my money to find out.

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12856318/rc-internet-sales[/link]
Now you cost me a keyboard, and I had to clean the beer off the screen and wall.

emengines 04-29-2012 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Steve.

Here are some pics which is cut from the raw video intending for poster.
Because of the oversize of raw video and busy discussion of dealer, the formal video will be a few days later.

For your reference

Jeame

Lightspeed1551 04-30-2012 02:19 AM

Do the twins run so bad that that need 2 spark plugs per cylinder? [:'(]

emengines 04-30-2012 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Lightspeed1551

Hi Lightspeed1551, you are so much sense of humor. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/drowning.gif

Maybe all engines with more than one plug run poorly, I think.

pmerritt 04-30-2012 04:02 AM

Jeame,  I have to admire your stamina to hold up to all the mud slinging while keeping your cool while standing up to allegations and inuendos that aren't your fault.  I would have been much less professional to the slander and accusations by now. 
It seems that the DLE and DA guys think that there are no other engines out there that can compete.  I think that was said of the Toyota and Honda cars years back?   GM, Ford and Chrysler said the foreign auto manufacturers couldn't make a decent car.  Hmmmm.

Make and damned good engines, make them affordable and most of all provide good warranty service and that will speak for itself.  You'll never "un-brand" the DLE/DA boys but you can get your product in the race by selling a good reliable engine that holds up to it's name.

Good luck.

emengines 04-30-2012 05:00 AM

Hello Pmerritt , thank you very much for understanding and supporting.

Actually, not all of posters are allegations and inuendos. We did about 30pcs EME 55 gassers wrong inlast year, whichis a lessonto remember forever.
Nowadays and in the future, we are going to compete to (but not clone to) DA byprovingreliable engines with reasonable price.

........................A few more words.......................................

From the material, molding, processing of metal and performance, Iam afraid that I can notthink that DA is thebest 2 stokeengines for RC giant plane.
From my opinion,3W, as well as MVVS, may be the top gun of 2 stroke gassers.

Prop_Washer2 04-30-2012 06:50 AM

Oh, kinda like the Japanese when they started to build Toyota's and Datsuns for the American Market....??? Toyoglide equals a cloned but smaller Powerglide transmission...plus differential gear arrangment, etc...

Hey if they can build a reliable and cheap engine I'm all for it....!!!

ORIGINAL: Mikola

do you guys remember the thread of the EME.55 CRAP engine ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10714405
he just opened this thread for advertising because along last months he was in the cave without supporting people here..
please do not buy unknown CRAP engines.

from DLE:

<span style="color: rgb(255,0,0)"><span style="font-size: larger">"As you know, lots of manufactures in ZheJiang is based on copying, they never do research and know nothing about engines. They copy it as long as it make profit. Quality is less considered during the manufacturing"</span></span>

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...69/Lg17438.jpg

pmerritt 04-30-2012 06:53 AM

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it.  I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money.  Competiton is good for the consumer.  You'll need to do some incredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability.  The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one.  Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just "give them one", you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied, and get their feedback.  If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy.  I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here. 

karolh 04-30-2012 07:27 AM

+1

Karol

krayzc-RCU 04-30-2012 07:34 AM

we saw this same talk with DLE a while back and now they seem to have a nice following.......

emengines 04-30-2012 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it. I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money. Competiton is good for the consumer. You'll need to do someincredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability. The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one. Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just "give them one", you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied,and get their feedback. If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy. I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here.
Hello pmerritt, I am very appreciating your advices on reviews. I will check the plan soon.
Overall, to provide reliable engines with reasonable price, is our target. Pls wait for choices from EME very soon.

emengines 04-30-2012 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Lightspeed1551

Moreover, pics as follows for your ref. Differ Spark Time is adjusted according to RPM for better explosion.

Of course, the picsare schemas only. Exact technique curvesare confidential due to business reason.

Luchnia 04-30-2012 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it. I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money. Competiton is good for the consumer. You'll need to do some incredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability. The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one. Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just ''give them one'', you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied, and get their feedback. If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy. I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here.
Agreed. That type of accountable service is a key aspect. Quality at a decent price with some level of service as best as can be expected. I am one that knows if someones sells something that is cheap enough and says, "No Service" then that is what I expect. I deal with it AS IS and never bother with contacting the vendor that sold it because I bought it at a throw away price. However if there is a written level of warranty and service I expect that level to be followed because as far as I am concerned that is the manufacturer's word concerning the product.

I would consider these engines, however someone over here in the states would have to pick these up and offer the type of service I am accustomed to. You take DLE with Tower Hobbies and granted I may pay 30-70 more than a knockoff engine, but the thing is if I have any problem I can pick up the phone and call TH and within minutes they have taken care of my issue and either asked me to send the engine back for repair or they send out a new one ASAP. That is why I buy DLE from TH or other reputable dealers. Or course TH are not the only vendor that provide good service and warranty.

The worse part of all this is that people abuse service policies and warranties and make it harder on the business costs. That is another thread entirely.

WRK 04-30-2012 09:38 AM

What is the function of the sub spark?

Good luck with your new engines, look like from the pictures
that you are making most of the parts yourselves, that is
an expensive undertaking!

aussiesteve 04-30-2012 02:13 PM

A bit off topic but this is especially for you 3136.

There was an apparent follow up made to that one I posted earlier. Here is that link

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12856543/more-internet-sales[/link]

And have you noticed there is another "low priced economy" creeping into the engine market lately (Slowly but surely).

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12857335/indian-manufacture[/link]

aussiesteve 04-30-2012 02:27 PM

Now back on topic.
The offer I made was for a simple reason that is already covered well in posts above this one.
It gives a totally unbiased outsiders view of the product and it is not done with any fear or favor.

I will not be selling the product and would be unlikely to even be buying it for my own use. I have not been in the business of selling any mass market RC items for quite a while now and it is highly unlikely that I will ever be getting back into it. I do however have significant experience in dealing with, repairing, suporting and warrantying a lot of engine brands where that range has included some very poor quality items from China and some unreliable items from European sources to some high end items from European and Western sources and some of the better items from China.

I have nothing to gain nor anything to lose by performing or not performing the review / testing but I do agree with the sentiments expressed in various posts above that a company that admits their mistakes and actually does something about them instead of just stinging their distributors and end users deserves a chance. (I wish a couple of the other companies I dealt with in the past had taken a similar route instead of just pushing forward to the next sucker). Anyone remember the first of the DL 50's? I had 2 of them so I remember them well. (Mounting Lugs, Prop shafts, Cranks, Engine mount system etc) or the early DLE 30? (tilt and die). They seem to have come pretty good now because they admitted there was room for improvement and they supported their dealers on time as required.

There are others who seem to be on track now but they sure burnt a lot of people in the process of getting to where they are now. The attitude I am seeing in the words from EME are indicating an intent to use the smae business model as DLE use, hopefully the practice is also put into place.

AJsToyz 04-30-2012 02:30 PM

Steve,

You are a natural at being on or off topic! I really do like that link!! Lol how much money can I save up front and how much time and money do I have the potential to loose if I go this route?[&:]

aussiesteve 04-30-2012 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Steve,

You are a natural at being on or off topic!
My fathers side of the family originates from Ireland, My Mothers side from Scotland. I am fairly sure that the ability to stir the pot and enjoy a good fight is genetic. :D

llindsey1965 04-30-2012 05:22 PM

you just keep trying to convinence yourself all chinese engines are not junk, well they are and always will be as for me i will pay the difference for the da and to keep my fellow americans working

Part of post removed by moderator!
</p>

Luchnia 04-30-2012 05:35 PM

Total yikes! [X(] [X(] [8D]

[email protected] 05-01-2012 08:48 AM

i have learned never ever to buy gas engines made in china or japan when it took 6 monts of 125 emails to hobby king to find out about mt 15 cc engine> just got a email from then 4-30-12 that it was bad and they gave me credit for it iwant my money back not creditia, iam 80 yrs old and dont need crap from them have a good day

3136 05-01-2012 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i have learned never ever to buy gas engines made in china or japan when it took 6 monts of 125 emails to hobby king to find out about mt 15 cc engine&gt; just got a email from then 4-30-12 that it was bad and they gave me credit for it iwant my money back not creditia, iam 80 yrs old and dont need crap from them have a good day
That's a shame, ask them for a refund, it may take another 6 months till you even get an answer though.
Sadly you made a big mistake buying from hobbyking, they have the worst service of all.
But remember they are a retailer not a manufacturer, so you can't blame all Chinese AND Japanese engines because you got bad service from a Chinese retailer.

I have a few dle 30's and a dle55 they are bullet proof
I also have a pte36 that has been fantastic too.

Most of the Chinese stuff is poor quality with little back up, if you need something proven with service in your home town just pay a little more and buy a dle.

Anyway back on topic now.
I hope EME does well, however it's an already flooded market, you'll need to have service centres in the USA if you are to succeed.