RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11150017-amsoil-saber-100-1-pre-mix-synthetic-2-cycle-oil-amsoil-quick-shot-fuel-additive.html)

AJsToyz 07-13-2012 02:42 AM

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

I keep seeing this pointed out, Follow the builders/manufacturers tuning instructions. Now if I do this the first thing its going to tell me most of the time is to run 32:1 for break in and 40:1-50:1 after broken in. If some one is to do what the engine builder wants they will not be running @ 100:1 anything. If I go to the local store I can probably find Penzoil, Stihl, Belray, Redline or one of many other oils. I keep fresh pump gas , mix this at 40:1 , no additives. I now have a problem free inexpensive fuel to run my planes and my leaf blower. :D

Where is the advantage?

It seems like over the years more people have experienced problems with Amsoil then any other oil. If its the mix, or the tuning , or the fuel, temp, what ever, seems to be producing the highest failure rates.

Ok, last thing!

I set up my plane, mix my 100:1, tune the engine perfect , everything is right. After x amount of flights my engine fails. Now I'm not saying it was the oils fault just that it failed. I send it in providing all the information the vendor requires and they decide not warranty it because of the fuel oil mix, who is going to fix my engine?

Luchnia 07-13-2012 03:32 AM

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz
I set up my plane, mix my 100:1, tune the engine perfect , everything is right. After x amount of flights my engine fails. Now I'm not saying it was the oils fault just that it failed. I send it in providing all the information the vendor requires and they decide not warranty it because of the fuel oil mix, who is going to fix my engine?
We should always run recommended oils during any manufacture warranty period and really even after that, however what you do after warranty period is on the consumer. The manufacturer has every right NOT to honor warranty if instructions are not followed precisely. If the manufacturer states to run oil brand x at ratio x, then to do so would be wise. Amsoil could be the best thing since sliced bread but if the manufacturer does not recognize the mix ratio as adequate then it should not be run.

100:1 is recommended by some manufacturers but not by others. Personally I do not run that ratio on new engines during break in or during the early stages of engine life. Once an engine is thoroughly broken in it is probably fine, however I would still make sure the manufacturer has it implicity stated that the oil is approved to run. Some manufacturers are good with Amsoil and recommend it.

Another thing I think is rather insteresting and that is why would Amsoil need to make a product to reduce carbon build up. Isn't that like saying, my oil is not adequate and needs an additional product to reduce the carbon you get while running my oil? I wonder how they answer that question? If I were an Amsoil-aholic I would be asking that question to Amsoil.

Oh btw, I do run Amsoil and other oils and have used Amsoil for years although in some cases I have not really seen the benefits for the additional cost of some of their oils.

AJsToyz 07-13-2012 03:49 AM

I had an F150 with close to 300,000 miles on it running Amsoil, so I'm not against it. Like you said there are manufacturers that recommend it. If I have been running an engine for two or three years with out it do to manufacturers warranty with out any problem, I see no reason to use it after the warranty is up.

Like you stated, why the extra carbon reducing product?

Keep it simple, should not need to be using a recipe or special formula to run an engine.

When I had my Banshee I bought a couple quarts of Torco synthetic, no problems. When that's gone I will more then likely just stop at the mower shop and pick something up. I know I have only been working on two strokes for about 35 years, but someday I'll figure it out.;)

Back in the day you would just get the trusty SAE 30 non detergent and you were good to go. That was before my time though .

MX240 07-13-2012 05:39 AM

ORIGINAL: gade600sdi

Don't listen to Jloftin above about mixing it at 50:1 or 30:1!!!!! You can not I have made that mistake its not an oil to mix rich it won't work you will have black crap thats nearly impossible to remove from your covering and you will carbon up and stick rings losing compression (I had to put a new ring in a almost new Zenoah due to it and gummed up another motor using this stuff at 32:1), its only made to run at 100:1 if you mix it richer I would not go any richer than 80:1. Other oils you can mix richer (Stihl Ultra HP highly recommended after bad experience with Amsoil)

As for using it at 100:1 I cant comment never have done it and he may be right you may get away with it but I will let others experiment with that.
Yes I do agree with this comment....been there done that!
For the last few years running a DA 50 and DLE's I have gone back to what I have run in my chain saws and weed whackers without any troubles for many years......just plain old "Stinl"l mixed 40:1.
At the last warbird fly-in guys were asking me, " what you got in there for a motor...man that thing runs perfect".

Truckracer 07-13-2012 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Ed

No ! You are wrong ! The P-47 had a Pratt & Whitney Wasp 18 cylinder air cooled engine. Any radiator that you saw was used for oil cooling. Why can't people be more careful of what they say, and stop misleading people ? [>:] Like that Loftin Amsoil salesman .
Well ..... you're both right ...... and both wrong to a degree. While the cylinders and top end of the big Pratt is air cooled, that big oil cooler probably accounts for half or more of the total engine cooling and all of the internal components cooling. I've heard it argued that these big engines are really oil cooled but that might be a stretch.

Luchnia 07-13-2012 08:47 AM

Back in the day you would just get the trusty SAE 30 non detergent and you were good to go. That was before my time though .
I may be dating myself slightly. I am not ancient by any means - only 58 this year, yet I do remember running SAE 30 non-detergent oil in all our two strokers. Stuff smelled horrible and burned your eyes! [:-] [X(]

One of the main reasons we used it was because you just used one type of oil in everything. You could put in your chainsaws, truck engines, tractor, car, mix it with gas and burn brush rows, rub the hounds down with it to kill fleas, dip the young pigs in it, etc. I would have stated use it for weed-wackers but they were not around back in those days. You chopped weeds with a swing blade. :D

jefflangton 07-13-2012 10:38 AM

I have a half quart of that junk amsoil that I quit using. Wont even put it in my snowblower. Time to dump it in the oil recycle barrel. Only it will probably degrade the used oil!!!!!! We use redline and stihl oil now.

jloftin 07-13-2012 10:48 AM

The reason Amsoil makes AMSOILQUICKSHOT is to clean up the dirty gas that we have been running for years and if you run quick shot from day one the inside of your engine will be very clean and as well as your carb Also you will be very happy with how little carbon build up you will have on your piston and plug !!!!!!!!!!! as well as clean up of varnish and gumming also it helps engine performance and gets rid of the water in your gas that causes a lean burn in you motor Amsoil Quick Shot was made just for 2-cycle engines you will notice all the things that i just told you about as well as quicker starts better running motor better temps

Quick Shot is not an oil additive it is a gas additive THEOILISNOTTHEPROBLEMWITHALLOFTHESETHINGSTHAT I AMTALKINGABOUT

<span style="font-size: xx-large;">THEGAS IS</span> <span style="font-size: xx-large;">.</span>

rrragmanliam 07-13-2012 11:18 AM

No ! You are wrong ! The P-47 had a Pratt & Whitney Wasp 18 cylinder air cooled engine.
Jeeeeese ED lighten up and take you blood pressure meds. You are right and I am wrong, I was thinking of the P-40 my mistake.

ORIGINAL: Ed Why can't people be more careful of what they say, and stop misleading people ?
I'll tell ya why Ed, It's because because people are human and make mistakes. "Misleading" implies intent. I wasn't trying to mislead, I was just wrong and admited it. Understand the distinction bud?

Rrragman

rexbirk 07-14-2012 10:51 AM

It's funny what happens anytime someone posts about oils. Instant war!

I have used Amsoil for 27 years. Mostly in my cars, boats, jetskis, chainsaws, weedwacker, leaf blower and now that I have gone gas 3 years ago my rc engines.

I have had zero problem with any of them. I have a 1984 McCulloch weed wacker that to this day runs great. I have run it on 80:1 to 100:1 for the last 15 years. All my 2 strokes run great on the Saber Oil.

Use what works for you. For me Amsoil Products all work very well. Many flyers in my club use Amsoil and love it.

jloftin 07-15-2012 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THANKYOUFORTHEREPLYREXYESITOHAVEBEENUSINGAMSOILFOR ABOUTTENYEARSNOW
ANDHAVENOTHADANY PROBLEMSASWELL !!!!!!!!!!! ANDNOWTHATIFLYFORAMSOILANDUSEMANYOFTHEREPRODUCTS
I RESPECT THEAMSOILCOMPANYEVENMORE . I AMALSOGLADTHATTHEYCAMEOUTWITHTHEQUICKSHOTPRODUCTAS WELL
YOUSHOULDLOOKINTOITALSOFORALLYOURTWOCYCLEENGINESIT REALLYDOESHELPINMANYWAYSWITHTHEGAS

ANYWAYREXTHANXAGAINHAVEGREATFLYINGJAYLOFTIN

Ed 07-15-2012 03:51 PM

[>:] Where are you Mr. Moderator ? [>:]

speedracerntrixie 07-15-2012 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jloftin

THANKYOUFORTHEREPLYREXYESITOHAVEBEENUSINGAMSOILFOR ABOUTTENYEARSNOW
ANDHAVENOTHADANy PROBLEMSASWELL !!!!!!!!!!! ANDNOWTHATIFLYFORAMSOILANDUSEMANYOFTHEREPRODUCTS
I RESPECT THEAMSOILCOMPANYEVENMORE . I AMALSOGLADTHATTHEYCAMEOUTWITHTHEQUICKSHOTPRODUCTAS WELL
YOUSHOULDLOOKINTOITALSOFORALLYOURTWOCYCLEENGINESIT REALLYDOESHELPINMANYWAYSWITHTHEGAS

ANYWAYREXTHANXAGAINHAVEGREATFLYINGJAYLOFTIN

Against my better judgement, I have a few comments. First off anyone who has been flying gassers for 10 years and claim zero engine issues is a liar. I may have mis-interpreted this and Mr. Loftin means zero oil related failures. Still hard to beleive as most engine distributors often claim poor oil ratios or lean runs when servicing an engine. The other is how does dumping an additive in gas " Clean " the gas? To me thats just adding and not removing anything. Here in Cali we have been running ethanol for a while now and I have not seen much of an issue caused by this at all. A good filter usually solves any dirty gas issues. For the record, I break in with penzoil 40:1 and switch to 50:1 after 20 runs.

Truckracer 07-15-2012 05:41 PM

I tend to agree with the above. Is Mr. Loftin paying for this ongoing commercial?

ahicks 07-15-2012 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Truckracer

I tend to agree with the above. Is Mr. Loftin paying for this ongoing commercial?
If he is (my assumption?), the sooner people quit replying to this ...... string, the less he'll be getting for his money.

jloftin 07-16-2012 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Please read this Speed Racer and you will have a better understanding of what Quick Shot does and what i mean about dirty

The reason Amsoil makes AMSOILQUICKSHOT is to clean up the dirty gas that we have been running for years and if you run quick shot from day one the inside of your engine will be very clean and as well as your carb Also you will be very happy with how little carbon build up you will have on your piston and plug !!!!!!!!!!! as well as clean up of varnish and gumming also it helps engine performance and gets rid of the water in your gas that causes a lean burn in you motor Amsoil Quick Shot was made just for 2-cycle engines you will notice all the things that i just told you about as well as quicker starts better running motor better temps

Quick Shot is not an oil additive it is a gas additive THEOILISNOTTHEPROBLEMWITHALLOFTHESETHINGSTHAT I AMTALKINGABOUT

<span style="font-size: xx-large;">THEGAS IS</span> <span style="font-size: xx-large;">.</span>

Whistling Death 07-16-2012 05:00 AM

Can someone explain the rule about advertising on the open forum to me again?

jloftin 07-16-2012 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello whistle THEREREALLYISNOADVERTISEMENT THISFORUMISABOUTAMSOILSABER 100:1ENGINEOILTHAT YOU
CANUSEFORR/CAIRPLANEENGINESANDEXPLAINSWHATTHEOILHASINITTHATMA KESITABLETOWORKWITHMANYENGINE
ATA100:1GASOILMIXRATIO INTHISFORMIHAVEBEENABLETOANSWERQUESTIONABOUT AMSOILSABER100:1OILSHOWPICTURESOFTHEPRODUCTANDOFMY PLANES ANDLEARNWHATPEOPLEUSEINTHEREAIRPLANESFOROILIGUESSW ITHALLFORUMSYOUWILL HAVEGOODREPLY S AND
NOTSOHAPPYREPLYS ? THAT'S GREATYOUGETBETTERCOMMENTSTHATWAYITHINK !! NOTONLYWASITRYINGTOTALKABOUTTHEAMSOILSABEROILBUTTH EAMSOILQUICKSHOTFUELADDITIVEALSO
THISPRODUCTISAWESOME ANDIWILLNEVERRUNMYENGINESWITHOUTITEVERAGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEREISNOBETTERWAYTOKEEPYOURCARBCLEANYOUPISTONANDR INGSFREEFROMCARBONVARNISHANDGUM
ANDITGETS RIDOFTHEWATERINTHEGASTHATCAUSESALEANERBURNWHILERUN NINGYOURMOTOR
ANDWEALLKNOWTHATTHEREISAVERYFINELINEONAGASR/CENGINE FORCARBADJUSTMENTS SOIAMVERYHAPPYTOHAVETHISPRODUCTINMY
FUELITHASDONEWONDERSFORMYENGINESSOINTHATIHOPEYOUAR E HAVING GREATFLIGHTSANDIFYOUHAVEANY
QUESTIONSABOUTAMSOILPRODUCTSPLEASELETMEKNOW

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN
AUTHORIZED AMSOIL DISTRIBUTOR

Truckracer 07-16-2012 10:07 AM

Hello whistle THERE REALLY IS NO ADVERTISEMENT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT AMSOIL SABER 100:1 ENGINE OIL THAT YOU
CAN USE FOR R/C AIRPLANE ENGINES AND EXPLAINS WHAT THE OI L HAS IN IT THAT MAKES IT ABLE TO WORK W ITH MANY ENGINE
AT A 100:1 GAS OIL MIX RATIO IN THIS FORM I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER Q UESTION ABOUT AMSOIL SABER 100:1 OIL SHOW PICTURES OF THE PRODUCT AND OF MY PLANES AND LEARN WHAT PEOPLE USE IN THERE AIRPLANE S FOR OIL I GUESS WITH ALL FORUMS YOU WIL L HAVE GOOD REPLY S AND
NOT SO HAPPY REPLY S ? THAT'S GREAT YOU GET BETTER COMMENTS THAT WAY I T HINK !! NOT ONLY WAS I TRYING TO TALK ABOUT THE A MSOIL SABER OIL BUT THE AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE ALSO
THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME AND I WILL NEVER RUN MY ENGINES WITH OUT IT EVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO KEEP YOUR CARB CLEAN YOU PISTON AND RINGS FREE FROM CARBON VARNISH AND GUM
AND IT GETS RID OF THE WATER IN THE GAS THAT CAUSES A LEANER BURN WHILE RUNNING YOUR MOTOR
AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE ON A GAS R/C ENGINE FOR CARB ADJUSTMENTS SO I AM VERY HAPPY TO HAVE THIS PRODUCT I N MY
FUEL IT HAS DONE WONDERS FOR MY ENGINES SO IN THAT I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING GREAT FLIGHTS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY
QUESTIONS ABOUT AMSOIL PRODUCTS PLEASE LET M E KNOW

THANK YOU JAY LOFTIN
AUTHORIZED AMSOIL DISTRIBUTOR

Well, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck ..... it must be a duck. As such your comments sure sound like a commercial message to me.

Now lets see what the lifespan of this post is before the mods get to it! Just a year or so ago, any post similar to this whole thread would have been erased in minutes. Heck, maybe I should start a thread about the merits of WalMart 2 stroke oil and I could type in all caps and forget anything that resembled punctuation!

Whistling Death 07-16-2012 12:37 PM

One more question. Why do you insist on typing in uppercase? That is considered yelling on the internet.
Not to mention, it's hard on the eyes.

AJsToyz 07-16-2012 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quack!

Truckracer 07-16-2012 01:41 PM

Quack!
Now if we could put a little Amsoil logo on those ducks, we would be set. Maybe little Amsoil jackets? Where are the Photoshop experts when you need them most?

jloftin 07-16-2012 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WHENIGROWUPANDSTARTTOFLYIWANTTOFLYWITHJAYLOFTINAND HISAMSOILPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUACKYEAMETOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../lightbulb.gif OH YEA ...CANYOUTELLBUDDY .?... ..I AMATENNESSEEDUCK !
WOULD YOUTELLTHAT TOTHE GAMEANDFISHCOMMISSION WARDEN OVERTHERE THAT BEFOREHECOMESOVERHEREAND CHECKS ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? OHHYEA ..... IHAVEHEARDSTORY'S ABOUTHOWTHEYCHECK OUT YOURWHEREABOUTS.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/thumbup.gif

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN

thepamster 07-16-2012 03:14 PM

Wow! Exercising my right not to continue to read this thread is harder than I thought. It's like a train wreck and I can't look away.

WHENIGROWUPANDSTARTTOFLYIWANTTOFLYWITHJAYLOFTINAND HISAMSOILPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUACKYEAMETOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../lightbulb.gif OH YEACANYOUTELLBUDDY .?... ....... I AMATENNESSEEDUCK !!!!!
WOULD YOUTELLTHATGAMEANDFISHCOMMISSION OFFICER OVERTHERE THAT ? BEFOREHECOMESOVERHEREANDCHECKS
MEOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? IHAVEHEARDSTORY'S ABOUTHOWTHEYCHECKYOURWHEREABOUTS.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/thumbup.gif

Is this guy paying for this advertising or being paid for it?
Jloftin! Conceded much?
Not only do I think those airplanes you stand with are NOT even yours,I doubt you can fly at all. Especially with these kind of comments.
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY GET THIS MORON OFF OF THIS FORUM OR AT THE VERY LEAST CHARGE HIM FOR THIS INTRUSION INTO ALL OF OUR LIVES.

jloftin 07-16-2012 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
EASYNOWJUSTTAKEADEEPBREATHhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/punching.gif I AMSUREEVERYTHINGISGOINGTOBEOK http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif

HAVEYOUSEENTHENEWAMSOILQUICKSHOTGASTREATMENT?,,,,, ,,,,,, WOULDYOULIKESOMEWATERANDACHAIR ??? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/72_72.gif....ORMAYBEAQUICKSHOT ?.....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ngue_smile.gif

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN