RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11150017-amsoil-saber-100-1-pre-mix-synthetic-2-cycle-oil-amsoil-quick-shot-fuel-additive.html)

jloftin 07-10-2012 08:25 AM

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

1 Attachment(s)
Why i use <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> products ? I have been flying giant scale r/c planes for about ten years now. The first time i saw giant scale planes was around 2002 i went to a giant scale R/C fly-in in Lebanon TN where i saw many awesome flyers there, Pros then and now !!!!!! most of them were flying Carden planes with DA engines !! WHENISAWTHEM "IWASHOOKED " and at the time i didn't know much about any thing that had to do with r/c planes or engines. I did know i wanted to fly them and loved the scale and design of the planes and OOOHHHHYESTHAT <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> STICKERONTHECOWLOFJUSTABOUTALLOFTHEREPLANES ??????????? NOWLETFASTFORWARD 2012 NOWIHAVE THEPLANESIDREAMEDOFFLYING!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have a lot more knowledge about what to use on my planes to make them the best planes i can fly servos , electronics ,covering, hardware, battery's, plane kits. ANDYES ( ENGINES)

ANDTHISISWHERETHATSTICKERCOMESINTHATISAWIN2002 <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span>

I have been using <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> OILPRODUCTS for ten years now on my Giant Scale R/C engines now. the engines are two -cycle electronic ignitions motors that operate in ranges from 1:200 to 6:800 rpm with a flying time of about 12 min i use one pack of the <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> SABER100:1 premix packet to a gallon of gas this mix will work with 100cc 50cc 30cc motors and i even break in the motors with this same mix adjusting the carburetor after about three or four gallons of gas through the motor. The reason that AMSOIL is so awesome and easy to use in 100cc 50cc 30cc is that it provides optimum protection at 100:1 when the motor manufacturer has specified a 50:1 or 30:1 mix ratio.

The reason <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> can do this is ( THE OIL RESIST CONSUMPTION AND EVAPORATION BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL TWO-CYCLE OILS.THE COMBINATION OF PREMIUM BASE OIL CHEMISTRY AND SUPERIOR ADDITIVE TECHNOLOGY ALLOWS SABER 100:1 TO DELIVER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AND PROTECTION IN SMALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS EVEN AT 100:1)

Saber pro 100:1 is designed for lean mix ratios ,it contains high temperature detergents for small power equipment, 100cc 50cc 30cc it has excellent lubricity and cleanliness properties to control friction and help prevent wear, plug fouling and ring sticking

INSHORT EASYSTARTING NOBURPSSPUTTERSDEADSTICKSSMOOTHRUNNING DURINGTHROTTLETRANSITION
COOLERRUNNINGLESSMAINTENANCE LONGERPERFORMANCEBEFOREENGINEOVERHAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEREISKNOWBETTERPRODUCTONTHEMARKET I CHOOSE <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL </span></span>AS MY AIRPLANE MOTOR OIL FOR PERFORMANCE . QUALITY AND DEPENDABILITY

please ask any questions that you have about AMSOIL i have the wright information that you need for quality performance of you oil product

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">AMS<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">OIL</span></span> FLYERANDDEALERJAYLOFTIN <span style="font-style: italic;">www.jayloftinyoutube.com amsoilj@hotmail.com
</span>

Texastbird 07-10-2012 08:39 AM

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Whatever floats your boat. I won't void my warranty by not running the proper oil ratio.

CiprianGugu 07-10-2012 08:48 AM

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Use what you want. I would not use it if you gave it to me free.

w8ye 07-10-2012 08:57 AM

I have a Brison twin given to me that was burned up using amsoil at 100:1

jloftin 07-10-2012 08:58 AM

you can run the proper ration if you like The AMSOIL article is saying that the product is so good you can run just one packet if you want to run more than one packet that is ok to 100:1 1 pk 50:1 2 pk 30:1 3 pk that is fine but you wouldn't void any warranty that i know of and i running 100:1 in all my engines i have one 20cc one 30cc two 50cc one 100cc ???????? no problems????????????

Thank you amsoilj

jloftin 07-10-2012 09:13 AM

The Brison owners manual states use Amsoil 100:1 think there may have been user problem??????? Should ask the person that you got the motor from if they were mixing too much oil that was not a synthetic blend before they started to run amsoil to much oil will cause the rings to stick and seize that may have been the problem

????????? amsoilj

jloftin 07-10-2012 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
IF YOUHAVEANYQUESTIONSABOUTAMSOILUSEE-MAILMEAT amsoilj@hotmail.com

w8ye 07-10-2012 09:31 AM

The pistons were galled and the rings were stuck in the pistons - true - but I can see right now your attitude towards failure by running Amsoil at 100:!.

Your answer . . . : "There was a problem with the previous oil and that the rings were already stuck and this caused the galling"?

The galling caused the rings to be stuck! - The rings being stuck didn't cause the galling! What caused the galling?

Running Amsoil at 50:1 might be OK?

jloftin 07-10-2012 09:48 AM

Galling can be caused by many factors oil holes blocked bad pins or bearings in proper tunning of crab for proper fuel mix to say it was amsoil is an easy answer no i don't think that amsoil is perfect but i don't have a problem with my engines they are running awesome and performing great i have now idea what brison makes there parts from and if your friend ran his engine proper but as for me and the thousands of flyers that use amsoil every thing is fine ??????????????????????????? Also try some AMSOILQUICKSHOT this will take care of this problem if the motor is tuned wright and there is not a problem with what parts are in the motor ?

Thank you Jay loftin

SkidMan 07-10-2012 10:51 AM

Wow. The only posts amsoilj has made on RCU the whole time he has been "flying giant scale r/c planes for about ten years' are the 5 posts in this single thread promoting a product sold by his Amsoil dealership.

My own decision is to not run 100:1 in my engines or even use SABER. This does not even come remotely close to making me reconsider.

Paul

bgw45 07-10-2012 11:00 AM

For me, I think KNOWT. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: amsoilj
THERE IS KNOW BETTER PRODUCT ON THE MARKET I CHOOSE <span style=''color: rgb(255, 0, 0);''>AMS<span style=''color: rgb(0, 0, 255);''>OIL </span></span>AS MY AIRPLANE MOTOR OIL FOR PERFORMANCE . QUALITY AND DEPENDABILITY

jloftin 07-10-2012 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Paul Here is a copy of the AMSOIL r/c airplane article hope this helps if not thank you for you reply go to page 13

karolh 07-10-2012 12:10 PM

Thank you for your most generous and thoughtful offer but sorry, I will take a pass on this one.

Karol

ahicks 07-10-2012 12:16 PM

Run 3 packets to get to 30:1 (32:1) recommended for my 20cc? Seriously? Why would I want to triple or even quadruple what it cost me for oil? If you're going to tell me it's going to make my engine run better somehow, you're going to have to show/convince me with some hard evidence, opinions are worth what they cost...

Regarding making my engine last longer, at 30:1 my engine is likely going to out last me, so let's not waste time going there either...

jloftin 07-10-2012 01:36 PM

jloftin 07-10-2012 01:57 PM

jloftin 07-10-2012 04:24 PM

telejojo 07-10-2012 05:56 PM

I use Redline at 40:1 in all of my gas engines and clean with no problems, but if works run it it.

cbh82v 07-10-2012 05:59 PM

amsoil sounds great.  but I can never find the stuff.  Most local motorcycle shops have redline. but it seems that only about 1 in 10 have amsoil.
Anyone have a link, or an easy way to find it.

w8ye 07-10-2012 06:12 PM

RedLine is the oil of choice at the local flying field.

karolh 07-10-2012 06:25 PM

A few years ago some very comphrensive real world tests were done under very controlled conditions by a very reputable individual on several of the more popular mineral/ synthetic oils we use in our sport, and Amsoil was among those tested. The results of the Amsoil test was sufficient to convince me that using it in my engines would not have been in the best interest of my engines so I chose not to use it and have no plans of ever doing so. To those that use it and swear by it, to each his own..... if it works for you, then good for you.

Karol

Red Raider 07-10-2012 07:52 PM

I too was an Amsoil dealer. I had 2 brand new CRRC 26s on a Nosen 310. Took it to the field to run in the engines. I had been told that at 100:1 the engines would be fine. BS. In the first 5 minutes I had wrecked the bearings in one of the engines, and nearly torched the other. After $175 to rebuild the trashed engine, not to mention putting off the maiden flight of my new plane for a month, I dropped my dealership, and never recommend to anyone that they try to use Amsoil, or any other oil for that matter at any mixture less than 32:1. Having said that, I get 12,000 miles between oil changes in my powerstroke diesel pickup using Amsoil synthetic motor oil. It is just not possible to use that lean of a mixture no matter how good the oil. And no matter who tries to tell you.

MetallicaJunkie 07-10-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jloftin

you can run the proper ration if you like The AMSOIL article is saying that the product is so good you can run just one packet if you want to run more than one packet that is ok to 100:1 1 pk 50:1 2 pk 30:1 3 pk that is fine but you wouldn't void any warranty that i know of and i running 100:1 in all my engines i have one 20cc one 30cc two 50cc one 100cc ???????? no problems????????????

Thank you amsoilj

why does it say message edited by amsoilj? i thought only mods could edit other peoples posts

*edit... it didnt come out on the quote... but if you look in the original post it does

bgw45 07-11-2012 03:27 AM

There must have been moderator involvement as the OP's user name has been changed.

Truckracer 07-11-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jloftin

Thank you amsoilj

why does it say message edited by amsoilj? i thought only mods could edit other peoples posts

*edit... it didnt come out on the quote... but if you look in the original post it does
When the OP first posted, he had a different user name.... amsoilj. Somehow after a few posts, that changed to jloftin.

capnduane 07-11-2012 03:32 AM

Opti2

SkidMan 07-11-2012 05:24 AM

Being a supporter of many Amsoil products for automobile use the number of very critical posts on running their Saber 2-cycle oil on this an other forums has always stayed in my mind. Seeing this thread continuing I just did a search on "carbon Amsoil Saber" Come to your own conclusion.

Check it out:
http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....archwhere=both

w8ye 07-11-2012 06:25 AM

I recommend everyone should read the search link posted previously

http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....archwhere=both
<span class="info">

One big thing to take notice is that it is hard to win with Amsoil Saber as when you mix it with more oil in the gas to get away from the 100:1 deal, you get hard carbon that causes almost as many problems as no oil.

I belong to several other forums related to two stroke gasoline engines and Amsoil is a bad word to mention in those forums also.
</span>

matt43 07-11-2012 07:41 AM

Okay just have to ask... Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it! And for those that say well they run lower rpm... The engines at cruise turn 5800.... Just a thought if people trust there lives to it, why not our toys... Also call DA or 3w they say there is nothing wrong with it at all..

MetallicaJunkie 07-11-2012 07:57 AM

i used to use amsoil in my gas planes... not anymore..... i was a noob when i did the lawngirl/amsoil routine.... long story short, i ended up having to overhaul my dl50

i switched to penz, and now use Stihl 40:1 in all my gas engines

I do use Amsoil in my truck.... i like that its rated at 25k miles or one year, which ever comes first..... and i dont go anywhere near 25k in a year so im safe. :D

ahicks 07-11-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: matt43

Okay just have to ask... Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it! And for those that say well they run lower rpm... The engines at cruise turn 5800.... Just a thought if people trust there lives to it, why not our toys... Also call DA or 3w they say there is nothing wrong with it at all..
I've run Amsoil in a lot of other products. Not saying I don't use Amsoil at all. I've been using Amsoil in my sleds almost exclusively for way over 20 years.

My point is I'm not going to run 100:1 oil in my air cooled RC airplane engines. Especially for the fact 32:1 is suggested. What the ultralight guys run in their liquid cooled stuff, what I run in my sleds, or what people prefer in their cars and trucks is hardly relevant to what's going on in these little air cooled engines??

Whistling Death 07-11-2012 11:11 AM

I actually like my engines and that is why I use Stihl HP Ultra.

thepamster 07-11-2012 11:56 AM

Amsoil, Amway, no thank you. Peddle that crap somewhere else.

DougB1 07-11-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

I actually like my engines and that is why I use Stihl HP Ultra.

I second the use of Stihl HP Ultra
DougB1

matt43 07-11-2012 01:17 PM

Actually no ultralight engine is liquid cooled... The only rotax that is liquid cooled is a 582 or the 912... The 277, 447, 503 are all AIR COOLED!! And not much bigger than our engine!!! Especially since people are now running DLE222 on ultralights!

matt43 07-11-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: ahicks

Quote:

I've run Amsoil in a lot of other products. Not saying I don't use Amsoil at all. I've been using Amsoil in my sleds almost exclusively for way over 20 years.

My point is I'm not going to run 100:1 oil in my air cooled RC airplane engines. Especially for the fact 32:1 is suggested. What the ultralight guys run in their liquid cooled stuff, what I run in my sleds, or what people prefer in their cars and trucks is hardly relevant to what's going on in these little air cooled engines??
Funny it would be nice for people to know what they are talkin about before they type... Show me an ultralight that is liquid cooled?? Never seen a quick silver with a radiator hangin on it! Heck a P-47 is air cooled! I fly ultralights... Do you??

thepamster 07-11-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Funny it would be nice for people to know what they are talkin about before they type... Show me an ultralight that is liquid cooled?? Never seen a quick silver with a radiator hangin on it! Heck a P-47 is air cooled! I fly ultralights... Do you??

I am not sure that was called for. Are you defending Amsoil or Ultralites or both.
Funny, I went to Rotax-owner.comforum so I could post a link about amsoil and no search results were found. So I question about the 90something percent using that oil in their Rotax engines.
Do YOU fly ultralites?
I doubt very seriously that P47s use Amsoil in that plane either.

matt43 07-11-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: thepamster

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am not sure that was called for. Are you defending Amsoil or Ultralites or both.
Funny, I went to Rotax-owner.com forum so I could post a link about amsoil and no search results were found. So I question about the 90something percent using that oil in their Rotax engines.
Do YOU fly ultralites?
I doubt very seriously that P47s use Amsoil in that plane either.

Well I have 700 hours on a rotax 503 AIR COOLED eithe amsoil at 1:100 with the recommended service.. No carbon no issues... Say what you want but go to an airport and find someone with any 2 cycle airplane and I bet they use amsoil... I'll be at airventure next week FLYING FROM MARYLAND... I'll report what i see in the ultralight area... The p-47 comment was referring to air cooled...

Broken Wings 07-11-2012 02:32 PM

How does/did Amsoil arrive at the 100:1 ratio?

ahicks 07-11-2012 05:29 PM

matt43,
As has been pointed out, you have no clue who you're talking to. Never a good plan to be calling the kettle black online. For all you know I built that 503, or your plane? By the way, what is it that the 503 is bolted to? Please tell me you're not going to cross country a parachute?

Have I flown one? No. The closest I ever got, probably will ever get, was a Piper Tri Pacer I rebuilt from the ground up, then put several hundred hours on. That was one of four other full scale planes I've owned. They had air cooled engines in them too? Have you flown one of those? Really doesn't make a bit of difference, does it?

Regarding my comment, I guess I was only considering 2 stroke ultralights I would even consider stepping a foot in? They would have to have the 582 in them. The rest are a little too "light" for me. I've always been a bit bigger and heavier than the FAA "standard" (170lb) pilot size!

All that doesn't change my point one iota. I admit freely there are practical applications for Amsoil. I just don't believe this is one of them. IMHO the lube and cooling requirements of a 20cc turning 10K are way different than those in the higher displacements you're considering, while turning less than half that rpm (or whatever! not going to split hairs)....

BTW, do you own a gas powered RC plane?

Regarding reporting what you see in the Ultralight area (if you arrive?)? Maybe just me, but I really don't care what a high time 503 powered aircraft is fed. If I had it though, it darn sure wouldn't be 100:1 anything....
-Al