RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   What oil do you use in your Gas Satio 4 Strokes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11409539-what-oil-do-you-use-your-gas-satio-4-strokes.html)

pe reivers 02-15-2013 12:35 PM

RE: What oil do you use in your Gas Satio 4 Strokes

;), My spell checker did not notice. Meant to say week end of course.

pe reivers 02-15-2013 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: alan0899

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

It seems you do not read what I say. Whichever, same nice weak end to you.

G'day Pe
Yeah I read what you wrote. There must be some blow by, to allow for lubrication, do you agree with that statement.

If so, we are friends again, not that we were ever anything else.

Cheers, & good flying.
Blow-by only can occur with oil that collected on the cylinder surface. It is not that oil I am talking about. I am talking about the gas suspended fractions that make it to the exhaust valve stem and play havoc there.

alan0899 02-15-2013 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

It seems you do not read what I say. Whichever, same nice weak end to you.

I hope he doesn't have a ''weak end'', that could be messy. ;)

G'day Mate,
My end is not the least bit, weak, thank you for your concern.
I'm sure it was just a spelling error.

Our points have been made, the question was about which oil to use in Saito 4 stroke petrol engines, that question has been answered.
I hope everyone has a great weegend, um, weekend, um, now I'm confused, again. LOL :)

Cheers

pe reivers 02-15-2013 02:21 PM

G'd day to you too mate.

mikes68charger 02-15-2013 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

Amsoil Saber 100:1 mixed 20:1 .......no sticky valve issues. Guess my question is why are you spending the money on junk ASP Engines to convert to gas? They aren't a good glow engine, they surely won't be a good gas engine.....IMHO>>>>

ASP 1.80 run really well and 80% of there issues are with the nitro carb.

That and ASP like OS 4c have more cooling fins and bigger caps to help with the highr temp of the gas use

Also I picked up a 82in Spacwalker with the ASP 1.80 4c for $150

And as I need 2 of these motors for the B25 if I whent with Satios it would cost almost 2x as much
<br type="_moz" />

cloudancer03 02-15-2013 03:57 PM

I love the ultrs stihl oil.whatever you use do not use junk oil like amsol.

Airplanes400 02-15-2013 04:19 PM

Mazola or Crisco oil. Just stay away from the store brands and you will be fine.

mikes68charger 07-25-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by cloudancer03 (Post 11411334)
I love the ultrs stihl oil.whatever you use do not use junk oil like amsol.

Well guys I know this is old but I have gotten 15 flights on my ESM B25 with the ASP 180 4C converted to gas

When I first installed them I was getting a max rpm of 8300 and now im getting 9200 rpm with Master Airscrew 14X7X3

This set up is pulling my 31 pound B25 around with no problems

But I did have one motor that the rocker shaft bolt came off and blew a hole in the valve cover $25 later as is well. I replaced the cover and put a better locking nut.

Well today on my 3rd flight one of my motors shut off and luckily I brought it in as a dead stick with no problems

It turns out it shut off becomes my exsaust valve on one motor was stck 1/2 open.

I sprayed come break cleaner on the valve and worked it up and down. Then I soaked the valve with straight Shill Ultra Synthetic as im useing it in my fuel at 20-1

So what you guys think?

I was almost things of putting some holes in the valve cover to let air through or leave them off as my boys Moki 50cc 4c

Any suggestions

Truckracer 07-25-2014 05:20 PM

If you do some checking around, you'll find that some guys modify the converted 4 strokes so the oil residue circulates through the cam housing, up the push rod covers to the rockers. This lubes all the areas that run too dry of oil. That's all I know and someone else will have to chime in as to exactly how they are doing this. I know it wasn't too difficult to accomplish and I would think this would be a necessary mod to keep things well lubed. Heck, I had problems with dry cams, lifters, rockers, etc. on the larger Saito 4 strokes when running glo fuel!