RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/8862472-syssa-30cc-gas-made-usa.html)

Truckracer 03-12-2010 11:51 PM

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

The Syssa has one thing the others don't, Made in the USA !! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Roger that!

But the MT35 should kick butt. Will know by Wednesday of next week what it can do. Ordered at 3:35PM, received Priority shipping confirmation at 5:01PM
Hey there PlaneKrazee,

Glad that someone that will actually run and fly the engine finally got a MT-35. Let us know how it works out ... please! I've been reading about this engine for months and there are very few reports of how it performs in the real world. That pretty much applies to most MT engines.

PacificNWSkyPilot 03-13-2010 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Antique

Can't test the SAP until it gets here...
All will run the same prop, same fuel, same ignition, and no muffler...
The G26 stock muffler takes 800 rpm right off the top..
The DLE muffler takes way less, and Milton Thompson's Area 51 are the least restrictive...
Manufacturer's Hp numbers are mostly useless....Pat Roy knows what the 3ws will do...
He has a DLE 30, so maybe he will come up with some comparisons...
No way to put a rear exhaust on a G26...
Nobody will say how much of each engine is actually MADE in the U S....Most are ASSEMBLED from parts made elsewhere....
The SAP with its rear muffler should be the narrowest, but sometimes the rear exhaust is too close to the firewall...
The RCS 140 front carb rear exhaust was one of the best, too bad it's gone....

Quote: BTW antique, are you saying you compared the SAP against the other engines you mentioned and it lagged the others on output? Using your comparison method of testing and equipped the same? <Unquote>

Allow me to translate what was said in the box above; "No, I have not tested the Syssa SAP 180."

Okay. That's what I thought.

Actually, that's what I KNEW, but I just wanted it to be clearly understood.

Your statements of the DLE being better, all those statements of fact...are backed up by...ABSOLUTELY NO TEST RESULTS.

My test results are better. They're REAL. I took my Syssa to the field last week. I ran it. The 3 other guys who have DLE 30's came over and spent some time with the Syssa. Stood in front of the Stab and we gave it the throttle.

Now they're going to buy Syssas. I guess they just feel sorry for the Syssa (poor little guy), being out-done and all by the DLE engines they already have....

The proof is always going to be in the pudding. All this posturing and speculation, arguing with actual test results. I for one am glad I never listened. My Syssa is truly an awesome engine, in every imaginable way.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to hearing your results when you get yours, but if the results are not favorable I don't see how I could lend them any creedance, given your predisposition to knock the Syssa without ever having so much as run one.

~ Jim ~

Tseres 03-13-2010 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Antique

Can't test the SAP until it gets here...
All will run the same prop, same fuel, same ignition, and no muffler...
The G26 stock muffler takes 800 rpm right off the top..
The DLE muffler takes way less, and Milton Thompson's Area 51 are the least restrictive...
Manufacturer's Hp numbers are mostly useless....Pat Roy knows what the 3ws will do...
He has a DLE 30, so maybe he will come up with some comparisons...
No way to put a rear exhaust on a G26...
Nobody will say how much of each engine is actually MADE in the U S....Most are ASSEMBLED from parts made elsewhere....
The SAP with its rear muffler should be the narrowest, but sometimes the rear exhaust is too close to the firewall...
The RCS 140 front carb rear exhaust was one of the best, too bad it's gone....
I for one don't feel that we need a comparison. Had a real bad experience with one recently.
Comparisons are usually nit picking and pushing ones favorite product and trying to prove to the world that theirs is the best. You are already nit picking at how much is made in the US.
Every engine pulls differently with the same prop. That prop may not be the right one for the application that you have. Please do us a favor and stay away from this topic.
My first and last comment on this subject.

Keep up the good work Tom.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

w8ye 03-13-2010 07:22 AM

There's been some more posts removed and others edited.

Let's get back on track and talk about the Syssa 30!

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 07:37 AM

DamonR,

Lucky you! EF have the highest quality light planes out there. Should be a nice aerobatic plane for the Syssa.

Hog78 03-13-2010 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: w8ye

There's been some more posts removed and others edited.

Let's get back on track and talk about the Syssa 30!

Cant say much about my Syssa except it is a pleasure to own I have owned a bunch of gassers and this one has earned a spot close to the top almost 1 gal of dino mix thru it so far, I have it mounted on a 90 size sig mayhem and I cant use full throttle much except pointed straight up fact is hovering is a chore at such a low throttle setting "LOL" muffler has starter to leak some lucky i have been an aircraft crew chief for going on 31 years and I know how to safety wire;),the other engine I tried from china didnt give me this kind of pleasure. I got what I paid for! I just wish i had given Todd a little more patience. when that twin 60 comes out oh what fun!!

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 10:42 AM

Who's tried the ignition battery eliminator?

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

CDIs are here and the remaining orders are going out today and tomorrow.

This was posted on 3/04/2010 so Ralph should have his engine by Monday at the latest.

karolh 03-13-2010 11:27 AM

That is one cool looking test rig [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Karol

cmoulder 03-13-2010 11:38 AM

I have, and it works great.

Weighs 0.718 oz, or 20.3g

Plugs into the Rx. Current drain per flight (Rx + ign) with a 2-meter pattern plane is about 150mAh.

ghoffman 03-13-2010 11:42 AM

I have, that is what I am using in the video of my test rig, it works great! I have it on the "gear" port on the Rx and it is just as simple as a toggle switch. On my test rig, I deliberately mounted everything close to see if I had any EMI/RFI issues, NOT! I was running it and walked 100m away, and went behind my all steel 28 ft car trailer and all works perfectly.

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 12:05 PM

Bob,

What battery are you running? I have a123 in my plane.

Muroc1 03-13-2010 12:17 PM

Thanks for pointing that out! I completely missed that. Seems like a nice addtion and a great way to get away from using two batteries.

http://www.syssaaircraft.com/cart/pc...&idcategory=11

Frank

cmoulder 03-13-2010 12:20 PM

I am using a dual redundant set-up with 2 800-mAh FP LiPo's and 2 Tech-Aero switch/regs. Together with the IBEC, all the electronics including batteries weigh 5.7 oz.

The IBEC plugs into the Rx and does not need a separate swtich or reg. Super simple.

ghoffman 03-13-2010 12:24 PM

It is great! In light of the Prius fiasco, I tried to kill the engine at idle, mid and full throttle, and it worked perfectly each time. I did not even program my 9303, just plugged it into "gear" and it worked. As said above, super simple and the LED that tells you if the ignition is on is really a nice touch.

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 01:13 PM

I ended up getting the 42% Products Zeus ibec from Valley View RC. They tell you the voltage input and output range on the website and have the instruction manual. Has built-in regulator. With three US made products on the market we have a few to choose from. I'd like to know which one uses the least power when dropping the voltage to 5 volts from 6 or 8.6 volt input. The nice thing about the Zeus is the variable output in case you have a EVO 26 engine with the high voltage ignition you can use your 4.8v receiver battery and it'll work.

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/Zeus%20f...20Products.htm

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/WRCIBEF.html

I've made my own switching regulator battery eliminators for cameras and transmitters out of TI parts and caps that worked very well and could handle eight amps with better than 80% efficiency. The TI reg was over $25.00 alone. Fully assembled they would cost too much to be profitable.

MTK 03-13-2010 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

Thanks for pointing that out! I completely missed that. Seems like a nice addtion and a great way to get away from using two batteries.

Frank
It is!! It is a Tech Aero Designs product that was designed with Pattern and IMAC Competition needs in mind. That means robustness yet extreme lightness that will benefit the sport flier alike. Ed Alt, its designer, and I have tested the device under extreme conditions to assure that our 3-5K$ pattern planes are safe.

I have the very first prototype in my plane and trust it....it works superbly

MattK

Muroc1 03-13-2010 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MTK

Frank
It is!! It is a Tech Aero Designs product that was designed with Pattern and IMAC Competition needs in mind. That means robustness yet extreme lightness that will benefit the sport flier alike. Ed Alt, its designer, and I have tested the device under extreme conditions to assure that our 3-5K$ pattern planes are safe.

MattK

That's great info Matt! Thanks for sharing that.

I'm putting one on my list right after I hit the OK button here.

Frank

PlaneKrazee 03-13-2010 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: MTK

Frank

MattK
Matt,

What is the voltage output and what is the voltage input range?

Does it use a switching regulator or something like a LM78XX series?

Or better yet is there a users manual?

capt1608 03-13-2010 06:23 PM

Has any found a tuned pipe fore this motor the guys at Extreme Flight said they were goning to try on on an 78" extra 300
</p>

AJsToyz 03-13-2010 06:51 PM

There's another thread the pattern guys have going, I'm sure they have one or two, but I don't have a link.

Hog78 03-13-2010 06:51 PM

I am using the zues in my rig and works great

cmoulder 03-13-2010 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: capt1608

Has any found a tuned pipe fore this motor the guys at Extreme Flight said they were goning to try on on an 78'' extra 300
</p>
[link=http://www.escomposites.com/petrol.htm]ES Composites[/link]

Just scroll down and you will find the model# 30G

PS the header pipe being used for pattern applications is the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZ646&P=7]Macs header[/link] for the OS 1.40RX...

MsgtRob 03-13-2010 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back in action, well static action. The winds are too much today, tomorrow will be better.

georgewaldrop 03-13-2010 07:35 PM

MsgtRob,

You think you have enough runway there?!?! [X(]:D

Nice "stick"...oh yeah nice engine too!