RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   MT70CC TWIN (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9437379-mt70cc-twin.html)

capitalB 09-07-2012 11:26 AM

RE: MT70CC TWIN

You both are 100% correct. I can't even get my family and friends to believe it..Don't get a oil thread started (YIKES!), but, all synthetic oil should be mixed at the ratio it was made for. (kinda like laundry detergent concentration) they all ain't the same. In all my years racing M.X. I used Bell-Ray at 70-1, never had a oil issue and could run all year on one plug. One time I had my girlfriend, get gas for me, and it ended up a 40-1ish. I fouled a plug in 2 laps (practice thank God!)

unit53 09-07-2012 12:52 PM

allmost the same analogy could be used for engines,,,,,the 2 stroke  engine isnt a new invention,,nor is the concept of quality or customer satisfaction,,just follow the dierections,but dont change whats proven to work,just do it right,,i read a post from someone who bought a plane from craigslist and got mad at the manufacturer when  it fell apart,,apparently  someone didnt follow instructions,,,but blamed the wrong people for his loss.when we make mistakes we are better off  owning our shortcomings and learning from them<div>
</div><div>
</div>

capitalB 09-07-2012 03:05 PM

I have always laughed inside at the 40yr old CEO can't tune a engine with 3 moving parts. He looks down at the 22yr old auto-tech, who deals with more technology on a daily basis, then the Space-Shuttle techs (Trust me I know some of them) Not to mention the 22 tr old British Kid, who, under the Blitz, can keep a Rolls-Royce V-16 running happily..

capitalB 10-24-2012 03:57 AM

I need both bearings, gaskets and cir-clips for the pistons. Any suggestions, Brian

mausolfh 10-24-2012 06:05 AM

Brian, I have tried to get gaskets for the MT70, but none are available so I made my own. As for the bearings I would try BOCA bearings. I have had good luck with him finding rare sizes for me. The cir-clips may be available at a good auto parts store, not the chain stores but older independent ones. Some independent small engine shops that work on leaf blowers, weed wackers, etc may be able to help you out. I just re-ringed both of my MT70s with Bowman rings and had some gasket issues, but found material and made all I needed. Haven't run them in yet, but the static compression is way better than before, so hopefully they will improve.

BR1 10-24-2012 07:11 AM

Brian
Circle clips are easy just find a dowel the same size as your wrist-pin, slit the end of the dowel with a saw blade. Then bend a right angle bend in some music wire (.020 or .025) slip it into the dowel and make one tight wrap and you have just made yourself a circle clip, its that easy. I hope this helps. I have done this on three or four engines now and refer to these clips as 400mph clips as that is how fast they can disappear.

captinjohn 10-24-2012 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: capitalB

I have always laughed inside at the 40yr old CEO can't tune a engine with 3 moving parts. He looks down at the 22yr old auto-tech, who deals with more technology on a daily basis, then the Space-Shuttle techs (Trust me I know some of them) Not to mention the 22 tr old British Kid, who, under the Blitz, can keep a Rolls-Royce V-16 running happily..
Thats because he can,t count....add 2 more moving parts (most important ones) the 2 fuel mix adjustingparts!

alburman 10-24-2012 08:57 AM

Here we go again. Read all the replies on page 29, and make your decision. My less then $500 MT70 engine cost me well in excess of that when I figured in the cost of all the mailing back to MT Engines trying to get it repaired. After the lat break down I finally sold it for parts. By the way, except for the mail back and forth to Florida, that engine never did get in the air. Good Luck!!!!

Al Burman

capitalB 10-25-2012 01:23 PM

I am only going thru this engine for maintenance and hopes of a bit more rpm. I was able to save the gaskets and cir-clips, but I still want to replace the bearings and rings.It would help alot if you had the part#s for the rings and bearings. Let me know if you have them, Thanks, Brian

mausolfh 10-26-2012 01:15 PM

Brian,

I don't have the part numbers for each, but Frank Bowman ([email protected]) has the MT70 rings in stock. They are not real expensive and he takes PayPal so the transaction is easy. As for the bearings I don't have a part number for those but you look on the bearings and give BOCA the numbers stamped on them and they can find them. You can go to the web site (bocabearings.com) for more information.
Hank

mausolfh 01-07-2013 07:44 AM

Finally got around to putting new rings in the pair of MT70s I have. Initally after about a tank through them they turn around 7000 rpm each on the XOAR 22X10s and feel strong through transition. I haven't touched the reed blocks yet and may not have to. Hopefully they will continue to get better as the new rings break in.

rctaurus 05-13-2015 10:42 AM

I need rc twin 70cc mt manual please thanks tom

mausolfh 05-13-2015 05:29 PM

Tom, I never had a manual for my MT-70s. The most I ever gleaned was an exploded view from the internet which I do not have anymore. I will help you in any way possible as I think I may have the only aircraft flying with a pair of good MTs on it. I do have some spare parts and I do know how to put the engine together. E-Mail me at [email protected] and maybe we can come up with something. Hank

closetguy 05-14-2015 02:41 AM

These are strong running engines,if you got a good one.There are a few around still flying.

witisdiekleur 01-06-2021 05:49 AM

Mt 70cc twin parts

Good day where can I get Mt 70cc twin parts.
I need a cylinder. The sleeve has been damage at the bottom.