RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9541568-rcaero-jc-engines-yda-engines.html)

aussiesteve 02-27-2010 10:51 PM

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hi all
Due to some confusion regarding the range of engines previously sold under the "Aerovate" name in North America by RC Aero Products and under the various manufacturers name by myself in Australia / Oceania. It is time to start this thread up.

As the agreement between the company that legally owns the Aerovate name (for their UAV business) and the previous seller of engines with that name seems to have expired, I guess it is time to let the various brands stand on their own two feet.

At YD Models Australia , We import and distribute the JC engines from China (28cc, 53cc and 106cc - also referred to as "Area 51" etc) into Australia / Oceania as well as manufacture the YD-A Engines in Australia. Previously we have sold other brands but they are no longer part of my business due to some decisions made by the factory owners of those brands.

RCAero handles some of the JC Engines lineup as well as the being the exclusive (North AND South) American importer of YD-A engines RC Extremepower is also a distributor of the JC Engine lineup. Hopefully those companies will chime in and introduce themselves

Please feel free to post on the brands we handle here. Please keep it friendly and we wil do our very best to answer your technical queries.

As I have posted on the previous thread - "Watch this space" for some new and exciting innovations coming to you soon.

Tseres 02-27-2010 11:08 PM

RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Thanks Steve.
Im here.

Johnny_Zero 02-27-2010 11:28 PM

Signed up....can't wait to start getting info on the new engines.

Johnny_Zero 02-27-2010 11:30 PM

Hope this thread is as good and the last.

Piston 02-27-2010 11:44 PM

Hey All

Lots of coooooool stuff coming from YD-A.... What will be announced over the coming weeks will be fantastic. What an exciting time.

So the new BLOG is here for all the announcements and the continuing information sharing that we have been doing.
As mentioned in previous blog entries and here, our Company is going to discontinue the carrying of the Aerovate line up of engines. Support for ALL our customers of our Aerovate engines will be 100%.

Am looking forward to this....

Cheers
Henry

Tired Old Man 02-28-2010 01:11 AM

'Bout time;)

apalsson 02-28-2010 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a some photos of the YD-A 56cc I'm installing in my new Extra 300L. The plan is to use a 3 blade prop, most likely a 23x10 Biela.

AJsToyz 02-28-2010 07:13 AM

I'll just have to do this like I do at work, just keep a personal chair in every department! or thread?! :D

Ok, I'm holding my breath and not saying another word until I get my 32cc !! [sm=52_52.gif]

Andy

JNorton 02-28-2010 08:51 AM

Subscribed. :D
John

Tseres 02-28-2010 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Here are a some photos of the YD-A 56cc I'm installing in my new Extra 300L. The plan is to use a 3 blade prop, most likely a 23x10 Biela.

I'm curious to see how that prop pulls that plane.
I have a similar set up in a Wild Hare Extra. Almost finished with getting it ready for the season. I'll be posting pictures soon.
I'd rather be flying soon.

laryboy 02-28-2010 09:07 AM

still some confusion over the many names used. i have a jc28. who owns the warranty ? who to go to for tech questions ?

Tseres 02-28-2010 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

I'll just have to do this like I do at work, just keep a personal chair in every department! or thread?! :D

Ok, I'm holding my breath and not saying another word until I get my 32cc !! [sm=52_52.gif]

Andy
I don't know if you can hold your breath but I know you can't be quiet that long.[sm=lol.gif]

Tseres 02-28-2010 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: laryboy

still some confusion over the many names used. i have a jc28. who owns the warranty ? who to go to for tech questions ?
Henry, at RC aero products,here in the USA.

AJsToyz 02-28-2010 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Tseres

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Andy
I don't know if you can hold your breath but I know you can't be quiet that long.[sm=lol.gif]
Thats not funny !! [X(] Actually its very funny because your right !! :D

Its good in theory though!! Oh poop I'm off topic! I better hide LOL

Andy

Big Lacy 02-28-2010 11:18 AM

Subscribed,can hardly wait to see that new 66 twin, should be perfect for my BUSA Super cub. Lacy

Q500RC 02-28-2010 04:12 PM

Yep i'm here glad you started this thread Steve!

ronin4740 02-28-2010 04:28 PM

Any thoughts on spinning a MAS 15x10 prop with the 20cc motor? I have a 16x6 XOAR on it now but I'm a little underwhelmed with the flight speed. The motor is on the nose of a P-51 and it felt like it was close to stall speed at full throttle while in the air. XOAR makes a 16x8 but I'm thinking I'd want more pitch... Wished they made a 15 or 14 x 10...

Anyway, lemme know if the MAS 15x10 is possible or is a bad idea...

erieqc 02-28-2010 07:45 PM

Henry and Steve You guys are usually all ears and like to her ewhat the customer have to say or ask for and thats great. I have 1 request and that is why don't you guys just go with a pitts style muffler on all the smaller engines the muffler you supply sort of defeats the purpose of having the carb behind the engine so now insted of having the carb on the side in the way you now have a muffler that you have to replace or cut your cowl all up to make it fite.I would give a little more money for muffler and engine combined that 1 can use instead of having to spend a lot more for one. Maybe offer 2 ways and let the buyer figure out what he wants when he orders it would be a lot easier.
Thanks Bill
Keep Up The Good Work.

Tseres 02-28-2010 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ronin4740

Any thoughts on spinning a MAS 15x10 prop with the 20cc motor? I have a 16x6 XOAR on it now but I'm a little underwhelmed with the flight speed. The motor is on the nose of a P-51 and it felt like it was close to stall speed at full throttle while in the air. XOAR makes a 16x8 but I'm thinking I'd want more pitch... Wished they made a 15 or 14 x 10...

Anyway, lemme know if the MAS 15x10 is possible or is a bad idea...
Try an APC prop. I had one on my 20. Not sure but I think they make a 15-10.

Tseres 02-28-2010 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a YD/A'56 for the YD/A thread.
Apalsson you got competition.:D
It is actually ready to go accept For wheel pants and a repair on the canopy tie down screw.

apalsson 02-28-2010 08:51 PM

Here is a YD/A'56 for the YD/A thread.
Apalsson you got competition.:D
I do have competitiopn indeed !!
Now I'll have to lift my game :)

There are great Pitts mufflers with flex headers available.
Made to suit MT62. I suspect one would look great on your setup with the stacks coming down towards the back of the cowl. I will be using one of those (actually an MT80 can and a flex header for MT62)

Looks good Tom ! [sm=thumbup.gif]

Piston 02-28-2010 09:14 PM

Hey Erieqc

We hear ya loud and clear on the pitts style mufflers. And we can't agree with you more.

1. Getting a quality pitts muffler for a reasonable price... Now that seems easy... right? Wrong.. we have been trying to find a supplier for the longest time. Both of us have tried various suppliers and the results have been less than satisfying. But....
Steve is working on a couple of leads right now for them. I think he is feeling a little more confident about it too. I will let him tell the story.

What we don't want to happen is to bring a top rate engine to you and provide a second rate muffler.

Cheers
Henry

Tseres 02-28-2010 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: apalsson
There are great Pitts mufflers with flex headers available.
Made to suit MT62. I suspect one would look great on your setup with the stacks coming down towards the back of the cowl. I will be using one of those (actually an MT80 can and a flex header for MT62)

You already probably know that I'm a computer clod. Not quite illiterate but close.
Can you post a link to that exhaust that you are talking about for all of us to see? Thanks.
I have a new cowl for the Extra just for that reason. The one I have on my plane now was already butchered up before I got it. I just made it uglier.

AJsToyz 02-28-2010 10:23 PM

Tom,

If you don't find one you like you could make one? Looks like your getting the hang of the Tig and you know how to do the rest. I've been tweaking one for my Extra, we'll see how that works out.:D

Andy

apalsson 02-28-2010 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Can you post a link to that exhaust that you are talking about for all of us to see? Thanks.

Hahaha ... and risk the wrath of Aussiesteve and Piston for posting a link to another supplier form their thread ? :)
I'll do one better ... here is a photo of the gadget !