RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9602299-crrc-pro-gp26r-26cc-gas-engine-information-thread.html)

RonsHangar 06-28-2011 05:50 PM

RE: CRRC-pro GP26R 26cc gas engine information thread.

I am a CRRCPro Authorized dealer and service center, If anyone is interested, I have 4 of the GP26R (rear carb versions) andl selling for $235.00 free shipping. I just bought the GF55II twin and it is AWESOME!!! Putting it in my Sbach 342, 89" WS model. Check out and follow my facebook thread under "Ron Mock". Also visit www.ronshangar.com.

email me at [email protected]

dditch 06-28-2011 07:16 PM

ironmock,
See the muffler on the profile katana on their website?
I need one of those.
http://www.crrcpro.com/

lleach1 07-16-2011 06:31 AM

I have a CRRC 26 cc gas engine. I have not yet run the engine because I have no spark. When I first removed the engine from the box I connected a 4.8vdc NiMH battery pack to the ignition module, plugged the sensor wire into the module, pushed the spark plug into the cap connected to the module and turned the engine over and there was a very strong spark at the plug electrode. When I installed the propeller the adaptor cracked. I contacted Maxford and received a new adaptor. I installed this adaptor, installed the motor on my test stand and could not get it to fire. I checked for spark at the plug and there was no spark. I checked all the wiring and I am using the same battery pack as before and it is fully charged. With everyting connected and the plug out of the engine I can get spark if I plug and unplug the battery connector or when I plug and unplug the sensor wire. The spark only occurs as the connector is pushed in or pulled out. This is with the crankshaft in a position where the magnet is not near the sensor pickup. Is this an indication that the sensor is defective or is it an indication of a different fault. I have a new sensor wire coming from Maxford. Any suggestions you could offer will be appreciated. Thanks, LEL

ec121 07-16-2011 06:55 AM

The short throttle arm problem can be fixed by tapping the throttle arm holes and adding another arm on top of the existing arm. Make it as long as you want. Simple fix.

bcchi 07-16-2011 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: lleach1

I have a CRRC 26 cc gas engine. I have not yet run the engine because I have no spark. When I first removed the engine from the box I connected a 4.8vdc NiMH battery pack to the ignition module, plugged the sensor wire into the module, pushed the spark plug into the cap connected to the module and turned the engine over and there was a very strong spark at the plug electrode. When I installed the propeller the adaptor cracked. I contacted Maxford and received a new adaptor. I installed this adaptor, installed the motor on my test stand and could not get it to fire. I checked for spark at the plug and there was no spark. I checked all the wiring and I am using the same battery pack as before and it is fully charged. With everyting connected and the plug out of the engine I can get spark if I plug and unplug the battery connector or when I plug and unplug the sensor wire. The spark only occurs as the connector is pushed in or pulled out. This is with the crankshaft in a position where the magnet is not near the sensor pickup. Is this an indication that the sensor is defective or is it an indication of a different fault. I have a new sensor wire coming from Maxford. Any suggestions you could offer will be appreciated. Thanks, LEL
Maybe they got the magnet reversed what they installed in the new hub. It does have a magnet doesn't it?Fireing when you turn the switch off and on is normal.And ramdon fire at the plug is normal when plugging in the hall sensor.Use a external magnet and try both north and south pole on the hall sensor.If you find out the magnet is reversed just turn the hall switch over and flag the dot side instead of the no side.As you say you may need a new hall sensor.
BCCHI

lleach1 07-17-2011 04:52 AM

Thanks for the reply. I tried the external magnet using both poles and I still have no spark. I have a new sensor on order. Hopefully that will correct the problem. LEL

RonsHangar 07-19-2011 06:37 PM

Is the muffler you need the one where the pipe sticks straight out from the exhaust port?

RonsHangar 07-19-2011 06:39 PM

Did you get the sensor yet?

RonsHangar 07-19-2011 07:04 PM

Oh, I want to be sure I am looking for the muffler to the GP26?

dditch 07-19-2011 07:48 PM

Me?
I need the muffler in the picture with the yellow Katana
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewCRRCPro26.html

lleach1 07-20-2011 03:21 AM

Ron,

I installed the new sensor yesterday. It fired on the first crank. Two or three flips later it backfired and spun the prop off. I put it all back together and go it to pop about every other flip, but still have not got it to run. I am going to try a 6 volt battery today. Thanks for your continued interest. LEL

RonsHangar 07-20-2011 07:00 AM

Send me a good email address and I will send a photo of that muffler, to be sure it is the one you want.

[email protected]

RonsHangar 07-20-2011 07:16 AM

Wow, having a heck of a time with that engine! Should be okay with the 4.8V pack. I would not go 6V. Instead, check timing. If you had to remove the bracket from the engine, it could be way too advanced. Looking at the engine from the front, move the sensor counter-clockwise and snug the screws back down. The timing will not be as advanced but once you prove the engine runs, stop it, loosen the bracket just enough to slide it but enough that it is not too loose. Start the engine and stand behind it. With the engine idling, move the bracket slightly to the left (now that will be "Clockwise" viewed from the front) and check RPM, speed up to full throttle and check RPM. Repeat this step for optimum RPM at full throttle. Timing should be set.

Bear with me here so that I don't miss anything.. be sure to set needle valves per the instructions. check fuel tank for contamination. Chock the carb by opening throttle all the way, placing you finger over the intake and verify fuel is flowing through it. Should get some dripping when chocking it excessively.

If the engine keeps poping, etc. then it could be the module.

Where did you buy this engine?

I will be test-running one of the new 26s soon and let the community know how that goes.

Keep me posted!

soco32 07-23-2011 03:36 PM

I have a GP26R and have been breaking it in with 25:1 oil to gas ratio. It was very stubborn to start the first time, but after a lot of revs with the starter at full choke it finally started. (I noted that one person had blocked the hole in the choke - I have not done that but it might be a good idea.) After running for about an hour (total time in 10 minute increments) it idles at about 1800 and has good throttle response. I have not held it at full throttle, but for a momentary thrust it bumped up to about 7800 RPM with an 18x6 prop. It is quite smooth at all ranges and I have not experienced the mid-range vibration as reported by some. Mine has the Rcexl ignition so that might be helping out.
I did some maintenance on my plane (ESM JU 87 Stuka) which required the removal of the fuel tank. The first attempt to start was just like it was when new very stubborn. If anyone is experiencing a hard start on new engine or one that has been stored for several weeks, it likely will not get flooded - it takes a lot of revs at full choke to get fuel to the carb. After the initial start it has started very easily. I had flown my Stuka (about 15 lbs) with a Thunder Tiger 130 four stroke. It flew well after gaining air speed, but with the 130 it took quite a long roll out before getting airborn. (I was being very careful not to force it into the air for fear of stalling.) I did not feel that I had a good power/weight balance with the 130, so I opted for the GP26R to get more pwoer and thrust with a larger prop. I have not yet flown the JU 87 with the GP 26, but plan to soon.
I have one question for other users how long was the breakin before flying, and at what conditions? How much break in time before long duration at full speed; and how much break in time before flying?

RonsHangar 07-23-2011 06:20 PM

If the engine is going to sit awhile it is a good idea to start using fuel stabilizer in your gas...EVERYONE... Anything running on gas, weed eaters, chain saws, lawn mowers, and YES, model aircraft GAS engines. It is a good idea to use "STA-BIL", fuel stabilizer. Find it in Wal-Mart or any of the Auto supply stores. This product comes in a 32oz bottle and is "red" in color. Has a built-in measure in the neck. Use no more that the recommended ratio stated on the bottle. For those who are not comfortable with this idea, use a little less. Our gas engines use the popular Walbro Carb and there are small ports and diaphragms that must stay clear and flexible in order for fuel to flow freely and the internal fuel pump to "pump' properly. Fuel stabilizer will prevent the gumming and lacquer build-up that will occur if the engine sits for a long time. Pour the required ratio into the main gas container, the fuel will last longer as well as the carbs and MAN, does it make starting these small engines a lot easier! I do not recommend any of the other brands as I have no experience with those.

I am the one who plugged the hole in the choke disk. I got the idea from Model Aviation, few years ago. If you can remove the screw that holds the disk to the shaft, the hole can be "soldered" closed. If not, tap it for a 4-40 screw, and use a brass one (I had to because the little screw must have been welded in place). Blocking the hole makes for a more affective choke. The hole normally allows a little air to flow and mix with the gas but then there is too much air when fuel flow is stubborn. Once the carb starts to drip (for inverted engines), leave the throttle full open (ignition OFF), choke off, and flip a few more times to get air into the cylinders. Close throttle to idle. The engine will start after about the third flip. For engines sitting sideways or upright, notice the fuel flowing through the line and into the carb, a couple more flips then turn the choke off and repeat as above.

For future reference and maintenance on the Walbro carb, make note of the model that is seen on the carb body. Most lawn more repair shops will sell re-builds kits for them. Read up on the types of diaphragms and fuel pump valves. There are black ones, red ones and ones made of fiberglass. Each has their advantages/disadvantages. Oh, one more thing... Try to stay away from alcohol additives in gasoline!

Don't forget to check fuel lines, filters and "clunk" (if it is a filter, back wash it). Clean these areas and for new installation, use no less than 1/8 ID fuel lines. For longer runs, use the larger sizes. This will aid in fuel delivery.

Good luck! And feel free to post results so I can learn from you!

Ron

soco32 07-24-2011 04:53 AM

Thanks Ron - lots of good information.<div>Ed </div>

soco32 07-24-2011 05:21 PM

Ron -<div>I have another question about the 26r.  I would like to have a spare spark plug on hand, but I have read several posts saying that the NKG plug requires a different plug cap.  1) Is there an exact replacement plug that does not require a cap change; or 2) what plug cap do I need to use and how do I change the cap on the RCxel module?</div><div>Thanks for your help.</div><div>Ed</div>

RonsHangar 07-24-2011 07:03 PM

I will have to research this.

dditch 09-09-2011 11:27 AM

Looks like Nitroplanes has added the GP26R to it's list for $175 http://goo.gl/Vz01V

http://www.nitroplanes.com/crrcpro-gp26r-engine.html

This just appeared in the last day or so, I take it more description will be added. Then often throw it up on the website to sell then take pics and edit in a day or so.

RonsHangar 09-10-2011 01:40 PM

I have found a source for the spark plug you need, for the CRRCPro engines. They have the correct "Tip" needed for the plug connectors. I can sell them for $8.00 postage paid. Let me know if you or anyone is interested and the quantity. I can give a discount for multiple orders, per address.

dditch 09-12-2011 06:52 AM

Now [link=http://goo.gl/ywE6O]Hobbypartz [/link] has the engine for $159 listed in the new section.
But your not going to see spare parts listed with them.

RonsHangar 09-12-2011 11:20 AM

Thanks for the "play-by-play" updates on their pricing. Are they including an extra muffler and free shipping for that price? Muffler is the side exhaust, requested by dditch on 6/29/2011, above.

dditch 09-13-2011 09:54 AM

I don't know about the muffler, I just know what I see on the website.

Gmann6843 09-22-2011 05:28 PM

<h6><span style="COLOR: windowtext; FONT-SIZE: 22pt; FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><font face="Times New Roman">I have seen this CRRC GP26R 26CC engine on Nitroplanes and thought it would work great for the CMP BF-109 they offer as well. Anybody have this setup already. Just wondering how well it has worked. Pro’s and con’s?
</font></span><span class="actorname5"><span lang="EN" style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-ansi-language: EN">

</p></span></span></h6>

soco32 09-22-2011 06:01 PM

I have a ESM ju 87 Stuka that weighs about 15 lbs.  I am using the CRRC GP26R engine on it and it is a great engine match.  I originally had a TT 130 four stroke on it with a 16 x 6 prop and it was a bit under powered.  I run an 18 x 8 ZOAR prop on the CRRC GP26R and it pulls the big, ugly, JU 87 around really well!<div>
</div>