Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tangerine?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tangerine?

Is there, or was there a Cliff Telford Tangerine this year. The NMPRA has a post with no dates and saying go to EVENTS for flyer but
    I see nothing. Is it me? Am I just not looking in the right place?

thx, john g.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tangerine?

Sat. the 4th Q-500 426 short course
    1st Tom Scott and FT 101.:93
    2nd Craig Grunkemeyer 101:95
    3rd Mike Heksel 102:??

Sunday 422 long course
    1st Dub Jett and FT 101:67
    2nd Randy Bridge
    3rd Tim Yousey

Overall Champ for weekend flying all 3 events Dub Jett.
    Need help with 424 results
    1st Mike Helsel and FT 121:??
    2nd ??
    3rd ??

Hope my memory is right above. Feel free to fill in the blanks.
    Thanks to Dennis O'Brien and the people of the RCACF club for their hospitality and hard work.
    Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Final Results Tangerine Cliff Telford Memorial sent to NMPRA for National Points

422 QM

PLACE NAME PTS Time

1 Dub Jett FO 19 1:01.79

2 Randy Bridge FO 19 1:02.00

3 Tim Yousey 16 1:02.65

4 Jerry Small 11 1:04.52

5 Mario Travieso 11 1:07.47

6 Ray Colletto 10 1:04.57

7 Stephen Baker 9 1:02.97

8 Tom Scott 7 1:05.13

9 Ray Brown 7 1:10.99

10 Gary Freeman SR 6 1:12.14

11 Mike Helsel 4 1:02.72

12 Craig Gunkelmeyer 0 N/T

13 Steve Vaclav 0 N/T

PLACE NAME PTS TIME

1 Tom Scott FO 19 1:01.93 (F.T,)

2. Craig Grunkelmeyer FO 19 1:01.95

3 Mike Helsel 18 C 1:04.99

4 Randy Bridge 13 1:03.86

5 Gary Freeman SR 13 1:11.51

6 Mario Travieso 10 1:09.37

7 Dub Jett 9 1:11.64

8 Ray Brown 6 1:05.97

9 Dave Doyle 5 1:38.35

10 Stephen Baker 2 N/T

11 Jim Lyons 2 N/T

12 Barry West 0 N/T

PLACE NAME PTS Time

1 Mike Helsel FO 32 1:21.49

2 Dub Jett FO 32 1:22.75

3 Dave Doyle 24 1:27.37

4 Steve Homenda 21 1:38.59 (1st race ever)

5 Barry West 19 1:27.64

6 Curtis Switzer 17 1:35.58

7 Lindwell Bradley 13 1:46.82

8 James Creech 7 1:48.29

9 Mario Travieso 6 1:26.24

10 Ray Brown 3 1:28.35

11 Scott Smith 2 1:38.33 C

12 Stan Jackson 0 N/T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I have a question about what we are doing as an organization. we have supposedly gone to 426 clas in order to draw more people back into racing at one step above TTR-424 class, yet here I see times as fast as the long course 428 & 422????  
       I thaught the idea was to run a mids speed motor(dubb's) and the long course to allow these people a chance to gain there witts, between the poles and turns??
      I see 424 times that seem like sand bagging for a short course(i assume) we run 133-134 everyday up here in the N.W. long course!
      Back to why are we doing this?  I guess I would say that if you run the long course with faster planes as a stepping stone thats great, but if all were trying to do is slow things down at the same times, I just don't get it..  I have short stroke nelsons that will run just the same as the sport jett with out the pipe, and I would race those if we mixed the class, the Canadians dist-3 run this pkg with the short course so there timing remains the same, which seems to be what you have created with the 426 class...
      I don't know , I dont want to be a nay sayer to all of our fun but, the excusses used to date to force this issue is B.S. at this time as we aren't seeing an increase in participation as evident by various event held to date, and the tangerine is just 1 more of the same..
      How is it that 2 planes are definately faster  than the rest (equal motors?) yes there is pilot skill, but of the names I see on the registration, it seems they pretty much all should be running the same times???
      I can say that it has been discussed here in dist 2 that we will be flying the 428 class, not 426 as guys don't want to buy a hole new motor that obviously needs tweeking (evident fron the varience in times) in order to be competitive...
      I don't understand the changes, new classes new motors (don't get me wrong I think Dubb is a great guy and builds a great motor), and the supposed draw to new???
      I guess if somebody can explain where they see the new flyers, i'll gladly listen.... How many of the quote group of new guys were at this race? I see 1 listed first flight, and did well (congrats)... I think we need to think over the idea's and the implimentation???  Thx Bryan B 79E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hey guys I have a question about what we are doing as an organization. we have supposedly gone to 426 clas in order to draw more people back into racing atΒ*one step above TTR-424 class, yet here I see times as fast as the long course 428 & 422????
    Brian, these times were run on the short course. Therefore, they are slower than 428 due to the course length being shorter.

ORIGINAL: Back to why are we doing this? I guess I would say that if you run the long course with faster planes as a stepping stone thats great, but if all were trying to do is slow things down at the same times, I just don't get it.. I have short stroke nelsons that will run just the same as the sport jett with out the pipe,
    How many people can buy new SS motors and when will they go away like the LS? We needed something that the new guy could buy and the Jett Sport motor fits this bill. We can't support an event where you can't buy equipment today. We need to look at the future not the here and now. Rules cycle is every 2 yrs. Some planning must be done prior.

ORIGINAL:How is it that 2 planes are definately faster than the rest (equal motors?) yes there is pilot skill, but of the names I see on the registration, it seems they pretty much all should be running the same times
    How is that any event has different times? From what I hear the weather wasn't the best. And to have 3-4 seconds between the top pilots is not anything new. I think you are reading into something that is non-existant. Very few rounds flown, and bad weather will yeild the results you see. I wonder what Craig and Tom's other times were (as what is shown is their best).

ORIGINAL:I think we need to think over the idea's and the implimentation??? Thx Bryan B 79E
    Not sure where you are going with this?

DK
    Dan Kane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dan: thx for the reply, I know that there are no new nelsons avaiable at this time.
    i know that you guys are using the short course, but I don't understand the idea of cheapening the event (250 vs 425) yet if we wanted to run these speeds we could have thrown a Jett pipe on a ttr-40 and done the same for less if the real direction was to make things more affordable to the racer??
    as for the short course what I was understanding when this whole thing started was that we were trying to slow things down to an inbetween speed & time so the new guys could move up to a little bit gfaster and still have the neccessary time to lead there planes and learn to fly at the next speed.. the times involved for a race at this point with the short course equates to these guys having to lead at the same pace as a q-40??
    I still don't see how this new class is changing anything? i guess if we reallyn wanted to make things more acceptable to new racers we would allow the old motors with a none pipe,as to availabilty there is usually 1 or 2 ss nelson on ebay almost at anytime. ther are 2 quickie and 1 q-40 ss at this moment and none are over $50.00 at this time? still cheaper yet??
    I believe if we really want to grow racing every racer would bring a 424 plane to evry race with a ttr and a cheap viper or equivelant, and just have a blast if racing is our objective, and not having to say i beat the next guy at any cost. thx again BB 79E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bryan B,
    First, welcome to RCU and the pylon forums! I was there, so I may have some insight for you. As far as new pilots, there were 3 first time racers there, as well as one who this was his second race. So there were a few new guys there though not given credit. I bet the race recap for the NMPRA newsletter will give more details when it comes out.

As far as the Jett not being a mid speed engine, that is not correct. The LS on a Q500 runs a good 25~35 MPH faster than the Sport Jett engine does. That puts it about that same amount of speed ahead of 424 and behind Q40. The times are similar to the long course times due to the short course being 2 miles, vs. 2.5 miles long. The benefit of this is that the speed of the aircraft is slower (giving the pilot more time to react) but the cadence for the caller and pilot is close to Q40 so the next step up only requires an adjustment to the speed of the aircraft to overcome (well, and the equipment purchases!).

The Nelsons are no longer in production, so that is reason enough to move on. The Thunder Tiger Pro with a tuned muffler does not go as fast as the Jett (in my testing), and isn't even close to the quality. For the price of 2 TT Pros, you get a quality engine that will potentially last for years with normal care. We have used the Sport Jett in our district for a racing class years ago, and it was a very popular racing class. If you buy one and compare it to what you have now, you will probably ask yourself why the old engines were $425+ in the first place. []

Hope that helps you some, and welcome to RCU!
    Scott Smith
    NMPRA 86t - District 7 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well after reading all above in the post ,here is my thought on this new 426 class.Tangerine race in fla had a very low turn out of pilots.Why ?? is it the ecomony, lost of jobs or no extra $$ to go Racing. Or the way that this new classis being put in to the Lime Light. I see we gain 3 new pilots but loose 10 times more with this class by saying bag the 428 class.There are many Nelson SS Quickie engines still around and if take out the inner pipe the motor can run at 150 mph and can compete with the Jett 426 motor which was Jett SS quickie engine with a de tuned pipe on it .Can do the same with a Nelson ? so why not allow Nelson engines with the same as a jett .And treat both the quickie class the same for All .This might work better for All partys for new blood and Expert pilots that have been in this sport for many yrs . You can race both class with same plane and engine by Just changing the muffler, And might get a higher pilot count for races . And fly it on the Long course.Robert Rau

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I may throw my two cents worth on this.
    I race 424, I have raced for basically the better part of two seasons. I had considered moving up to 428 , but in my estimation, the jump was to broad and I was not comfortable with the cost transition either.
    As for the newer 426 class, I would consider it possibly, but its still a substantial investment.
    My biggest problem however is, the publicized consensus is that you want new blood to fill the fields right? but yet you are catering the 426 class to fit the experienced Q40 and 428 pilots. By running the Jett models on the short course, you are basically making it once again faster for me to fly than I am comfortable with. If the race were run on the long course, ( to cater to the newer transition pilots) then it would be MUCH easier for NEW people to move up. with the pace being equal to Q40, I will not even attempt to fly this course. Its not the speed of the airplane in the straight thats the real problem, its the time BETWEEN corners that is the problem. It doesnt give time to get set for the next corner. Yes I know lots of guys do it, but they are guys who have raced for a LOT longer than I have. Why doesnt the NMPRA follow through as an orginization and truly do whats best for bringing new pilots in,, not catering to the existing pilot base?

as to the cost factor,, I have to drive over 400 miles each way to enter any racing event. I find it folly to drive that far, spend that much travel money, and only have one model, so now its DOUBLE the cost. As of yet, I have not seen anything that says I wont need a 600$ composite model to be competative.
    Bottom line for ME is, I see this class being catered to the people who are already flying fast models, NOT to bringing new people through the ranks. I guess I am not surprised actually since thats pretty much the way all racing goes. But if your going to talk the talk ,, about bringing new people up that is,, then how about walk the walk, and listen to the new people you are trying to entice into staying in racing. At this point, I am pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Most likely if I race this year, it will be strictly 424 just because of this.
    anyway, thanks for the chance to air my opinion
    Mark Scarborough
    NEW race addict,,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark,

I see your point exactly, It s not the speed of the airplane it is the time between the pulls that needs to slow to give the new guys time to get ready for that pull. ( and the old guys like me )

As for the needing a 600 dollar composite to be competetive in my opinion that is not needed, dont let the thinking that you have to have all the latest expensive stuff to compete get started. The main thing that a composite airplane has over all the homebuilt airplanes is that they basicly all fly the same as the one you made the molds from. Where as a home built can be a little different than the last one you built because of different build tollerences. If you take your time you can build a built up airplane that is every bit as fast as a composite.

I say this with a little bit of experience as I fly Q40 and didnt want to pay down the national debt to buy all the latest composite go fast airplane just so I could bore a smoking hole in the ground with it so I built my own. There was no expensive CAD design or milled molds I cut my own foam cores and balsa sheeted them, made a fuse out of some ureathane foam and then made my own molds so now I can build my own Q40 for about 150 bucks and it is every bit as fast as anything out there. So dont let the feeling that if you dont have the same airplane as that other guy you cant go out there and smoke him even come into your mind, Just smoke him!

D.English
    Endeavor AR6 Q40

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zedad71

I race 424, I have raced for basically the better part of two seasons. I had considered moving up to 428 , but in my estimation, the jump was to broad and I was not comfortable with the cost transition either.
    As for the newer 426 class, I would consider it possibly, but its still a substantial investment.
    My biggest problem however is, the publicized consensus is that you want new blood to fill the fields right? but yet you are catering the 426 class to fit the experienced Q40 and 428 pilots. By running the Jett models on the short course, you are basically making it once again faster for me to fly than I am comfortable with. If the race were run on the long course, ( to cater to the newer transition pilots) then it would be MUCH easier for NEW people to move up. with the pace being equal to Q40, I will not even attempt to fly this course. Its not the speed of the airplane in the straight thats the real problem, its the time BETWEEN corners that is the problem. It doesnt give time to get set for the next corner. Yes I know lots of guys do it, but they are guys who have raced for a LOT longer than I have. Why doesnt the NMPRA follow through as an orginization and truly do whats best for bringing new pilots in,, not catering to the existing pilot base?

as to the cost factor,, I have to drive over 400 miles each way to enter any racing event. I find it folly to drive that far, spend that much travel money, and only have one model, so now its DOUBLE the cost. As of yet, I have not seen anything that says I wont need a 600$ composite model to be competative.
    Bottom line for ME is, I see this class being catered to the people who are already flying fast models, NOT to bringing new people through the ranks. I guess I am not surprised actually since thats pretty much the way all racing goes. But if your going to talk the talk ,, about bringing new people up that is,, then how about walk the walk, and listen to the new people you are trying to entice into staying in racing. At this point, I am pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Most likely if I race this year, it will be strictly 424 just because of this.
    Mark Scarborough
    NEW race addict,,

First of all, we (AMA) are walking the "WALK" and talking the "TALK". NMPRA does not decide the rules for AMA events. Therefore, the AMA committee changed the rules not the NMPRA. 426 exists because we listened to a MAJORITY of pilots flying 428 and 424 around the country. The general consensus was to slow it down. And that was accomplished. You now have options you didn't have before. It is your choice on how to use these options.

I am not exactly sure I understand your post. 426 is slower than 428 as documented above. The fact that this contest was run on the short course is meaningless. You and your district can run it on any course you wish provided it fits into the AMA guidelines.

Highlights of 426:
    1. Jett motors are available
    2. There is a set cap price for what the motor can cost.
    3. Existing 428 or 424 airplanes can be used.
    4. Short Course can be used to keep the timing the same for Q-40 and allows fields that cannot host events due to the size of the Long Course as an option (which there is no option for 428).

The cost of moving from 424 is now just the cost of a motor. Where as before it was the cost of a motor that is NOT available, plus the cost of a composite airplane.

Dan Kane
    Dan Kane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm with Mr. English, didn't like the cost of the Q500's out there, so I made my own. I fly my own planes everywhere but the Nats, and thats because I have a few composites left that just won't die...

I'm also with Dan, its AMA members that submit the rules, and the AMA board that votes on them. Whenever there is change, it is hurtfull to racing, but 428 was/is in a death spiral and something needed to be done, as the premier quickie event would not have survived another 2 years without available competitive motors.
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dan , I have several Nelson SS quickie motors , why can i not use them in this new 426 class with a de tuned muffler ???The new 426 motor is jetts quickie SS for motor with a de tuned muffler .My cost to do this would be $50.00 .Its done in Canada and the speeds are the same 150 mph .And the talk in Fla was if we would go to the short course it would open many more fields to hold races . Have not seen that at this time . And the clubs that have done this new 426 class STILL run Races there on the Long course too ???MMM .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rob,

Even though you may have several SS Nelsons, I don't nor does the new guy. So where does he get one? Why would I buy a used SS, that will most likely need new bearings, and a top end, and then a de-tuned muffler, when I can buy a JETT for the same price?

Canada makes their own rules. The AMA has no jurisdiction over what our dear friends do to the NORTH. So quite frankly, I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Races were lost when we went from the short course in 428 to the long course. The hope is that some of those sites come back. Just because it hasn't happened this year, doesn't mean it won't. 426 is not an official event until 2011 in the AMA's eyes.

DK
    Dan Kane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RAU,
    No NEW fields in Florida? How about Delray Beach - Short Course only. So the short course did open up a new site. As far as other sites for the future, all we need is some CD's to step up. I know of 2 other clubs that want to hold events, just no CD to do it for them. Nothing happens overnight, or without a lot of effort by someone. That is why I host my 2 races 6 months apart - so I can manage all the things it takes to get it organized!!

As far as your Nelsons, you knew they were not in production when you bought all of them. Do like the rest of us, use them for practice!!
    Scott Smith
    NMPRA 86t - District 7 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Again,
    this does not help me,, running a short course makes it a HUGE hurdle to overcome on timing, whereas the experienced pilot who is already flying 428 will have a much easier time,,
    second, You are asking the guys who have thousands invested in their power systems, ie nelsons, to just throw away all that money and buy new?
    Sorry, but as one of the new guys you say you are trying to get more involved,, its not working for me at all,, It actually is giving me more reason NOT to want to move up.
    fly the long course with a mid speed airplane,, ie 150mph , and I may still elect to participate. But on the short course, it will just be to much for me and many others in my situation I feel.
    I respect your position, I mispoke that NMPRA set these rules, because we all know that NMPRA doesnt have any influence on what AMA does right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott , The first Delray Race i was there and it was flown on the long course ,Not the short course .So its not a new flying site. 4 sites in fla that hold races are Mullbery &Tangerine &Delray &Markhman Park . And have support them all

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I for one applaud the one-engine aspect of this rule at this point. One of the reasons 424 is going so well around here is that you don't have to play the "engine of the month" game like you did with 428. If 426 stays as a one-engine event, eventually I think it will lead to a lot more close, fun races.

Yes, the timing is pretty quick on the short course, and I have a lot to learn there. Flying it on the long course will stretch it out a bit, but I know of clubs that can't host long-course events because of space restrictions. One of our best attended races here in the midwest is a short-course only field, and we've been drawing nearly 30 entries (we'll break that barrier yet) in the last couple of years for the 424-only races. We did run a few heats of 426 at some of the races this summer, and some of the entries were guys that have flown 422 and 428, some were guys that were moving up from 424. It was a blast. It IS a learning curve, but if we're not learning, we're stagnating, right?

I have SS Nelsons - but no long strokes. I decided not to get into the engine of the month race in 428. I really don't feel too bad about not using them in 426 planes - they'll make decent practice engines, and when they wear out, they wear out. For not too much more than what it costs to rebuild a worn-out one and put a new muffler on it, I can buy a new SS Jett for 426.
    Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, when the original Nelson first came out, we were flying quickie on the short course. This was back around 1992 or so, and the times were much faster than the Rossi's, Webra's and other engines "of the month". For a long time you bought a new sport engine every couple of months, because we had dropped using the cheap slow K&B, because people complained of having to buy a new engine once that they wouldn't otherwise use. I've still got boxes of 40 sized engines that raced for a month or two before they were deemed too slow.

The times back then on the short course were initially in the 1:10 range, but soon dropped to well under the 1 minute mark. I think Chip Hyde finally got down to 57 or 58 seconds. When that first Nelson came out, airframe failure was not uncommon at first, but eventually that was figured out. The designs back then were not that fast, as it took a few years for me to figure it out. But after a couple of years, Nelson shorten the pipe slightly, people figured out how to set up the engines, Fred got his props worked out, and it was possible to fly above 170 mph if you had a good airplane.

Things were good then, stable for many years, as both Jett SS and Nelson SS engines were fairly level in performance and you could concentrate on learning how to fly the course. Things hit the fan however with the introduction of the LS and shortly after stopping production. That was when the numbers went downhill.

So now you have an engine that will stay the same for as long as you buy them. Built by a guy that has given his all for racing for many years. Nothing could be better for the future of quickie racing. So like it and shut up, or don't like it and shut up. Mostly just shut up.
    - Supplementary insipid innocuous inane vacuous proclamation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

Well, when the original Nelson first came out, we were flying quickie on the short course. This was back around 1992 or so, and the times were much faster than the Rossi's, Webra's and other engines ''of the month''. For a long time you bought a new sport engine every couple of months, because we had dropped using the cheap slow K&B, because people complained of having to buy a new engine once that they wouldn't otherwise use. I've still got boxes of 40 sized engines that raced for a month or two before they were deemed too slow.

The times back then on the short course were initially in the 1:10 range, but soon dropped to well under the 1 minute mark. I think Chip Hyde finally got down to 57 or 58 seconds. When that first Nelson came out, airframe failure was not uncommon at first, but eventually that was figured out. The designs back then were not that fast, as it took a few years for me to figure it out. But after a couple of years, Nelson shorten the pipe slightly, people figured out how to set up the engines, Fred got his props worked out, and it was possible to fly above 170 mph if you had a good airplane.

Things were good then, stable for many years, as both Jett SS and Nelson SS engines were fairly level in performance and you could concentrate on learning how to fly the course. Things hit the fan however with the introduction of the LS and shortly after stopping production. That was when the numbers went downhill.

So now you have an engine that will stay the same for as long as you buy them. Built by a guy that has given his all for racing for many years. Nothing could be better for the future of quickie racing. So like it and shut up, or don't like it and shut up. Mostly just shut up.
    Yep, and this forward thinking is what has lead to the constant growth of pylon right?
    maybe perhaps its what has lead to the lack of growth,,
    Like it and shut up or dont like it and shut up,, yeah,, thats gonna really make this event grow,,
    thanks for you positive input,,
    I am sure the same was said about the Nelson engines,, " they will stay the same as long as you buy them"
    I guess what your telling ME is that you dont give a rats hind end about ME or my entry into racing if I dont want to play by YOUR rules,,
    thanks again for that,,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Race for 20 years and get back to me.
    - Supplementary insipid innocuous inane vacuous proclamation

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark Scarborough
    NEW race addict,,
    It sounds as if you have made up your mind already, Nothing about ANY kind of racing is cheap! The fastest 426 plane at all the 426 races in our series this season was a RTC Viper, not a $600.00 composite. We spend nearly a hundred on a made in taiwan thunder tiger for 424 that is good for a season or two, so a quality built in the USA Jett for $250.00 is too much for you to spend? If you can fly a 424 on a short course, you Can fly a 426 on a short course as well. Have you seen a 426 fly?
    These are the rules for the classes for everyone, It is your choice you race it or not!
    Sorry, but it's really old hearing the same it's too fast, it's too expensive. The point is that, It is what it is accept it or don't your choice!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My mistake, I thought the game plan was to bring NEW people into the sport, I didnt realize that the new people you are trying to get arent allowed to have any opinions,,

For what its worth,, I pay the same entry fee, I invest as much time, and try as hard as anyone to progress, therefore I apparantly am mistaken that I am allowed to have an opinion,,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Racing, it's not for the homeless...
    Lee LaValley
    NMPRA# 33w
    www.ncplracing.org

\"To finish first, one must first finish.....\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My mistake, I thought the game plan was to bring NEW people into the sport, I didnt realize that the new people you are trying to get arent allowed to have any opinions,,

For what its worth,, I pay the same entry fee, I invest as much time, and try as hard as anyone to progress, therefore I apparantly am mistaken that I am allowed to have an opinion,,
    ZEDAD71,

We are listening but some of your comments don't make sense. Yes you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and thats what makes the forums go round. But keep in mind others are entitled to theirs as well.

IF timing on the course is an issue, there is absolutely no reason you and your district couldn't run 426 on the long course.

Yes you are the new guy we are trying to attract but is sounds like you are listening to some of the "OLD" guys in your area rather than taking the bull by the horns. You don't have money invested in Engines like they do.

When someone starts attacking, the hands go up. You started out on the offensive. Let's bring this back down to ground level and move forward.

As far as throwing engines away, I seriously doubt that would happen. Heck, I literally, have BOXES full of engines that can't be used. This is nothing new, except the NEW 426 much like 424 doesn't allow rapid expansion like 428 and 422. This was a serious problem in the past and we are addressing it now. In hopes that the NEW guy much like you doesn't have BOX full of non useful engines.

DK
    Dan Kane

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast