Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nats 2011 !!!!!!!

Well, I spent a couple hours last night making phone calls, emailing, and texting to put this to rest. There have been a few people (3) that feel that 426 is not going to be a strong event for the nats or for NMPRA. 2 of 3 felt it necessary to call the AMA and tell them a HUGE boycott was coming if 426 were flown. Well it is sad that a few guys couldn’t just come to me and get the facts so they didn’t look so vindictive. Oh well kind of like a bad cup of β€œcoffee or espresso” that leaves a bad taste in your mouth it eventually goes away and you forget about it….

Anyway this is a list of racer that flew Q500 at the nats last year. I tried to contact everyone I could and the blanks are people I couldn’t get a hold of so I will update as they come in. Also if you see a mark by your name for an event and I didn’t talk to you it is because your racing partner informed me of what your plans where. If there needs to be a change let me know. There are also a few that I assumed ignored my request so I put you down for ONLY 428. Also you will notice some names that are new, well that is because in talking with some of you I was told of NEW blood that loves 426 and will make the nats this year.

Keep this in mind we only had 42 in 428 at the nats last year as of now we have 46 in 426. That is pretty awesome if you ask me. Also keep in mind we only have 24 in 428 and of the 24 only 5 are only flying 428 at this time. Yes this number can change a few up or down but not by much. One other thing is almost everyone said they are only flying 428 because they will already be there and why not, but they could care less if it wasn’t so if they had planes left they would race.

Now let’s please get back to promoting racing and let’s have some fun. The nats is going to be great this year so let’s go there RACE and have a good time.

Thanks
    Gary Freeman Jr.
    Nats CD 2008, 2010, 2011

Click the pic to enlarge it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo38734.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	1543159  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Nats 2011 !!!!!!!

You'll never make everyone happy Gary, so there really isn't a need to feel the pressure to do so. You have to do what you think is right for the sport. If some guys choose to "boycott" the Nats, then let them. I personally haven't raced the Nats solely cause the LS quickie engines killed my interest in pylon. But I never threatened to boycott or anything like that. Run the NATS the way you see fit, and have some fun.

I can remember when we consistantly had 70 to 80 in 428, and one guy signed up late...he badly wanted to be on his buddies channel (72mhz days), but the channel had the 6 slots filled. He told Condon he was going to file a lawsuit against Mike and the AMA for discrimination..LOL. I remember thinking WOW, are these the guys I race with.. come on, really.. a lawsuit of frequency issues..LOL. Mike was so cool about just shruging that stuff off. So you need to do the same.

Thanks for doing the Nats.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking forward to racing 426 in Muncie, thanks Gary!

Just wish I didn't fall on one of my favorite Holidays
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maybe we can bring an extra FAI plane for you to fly DN..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd be up for that, now I just gotta get little AJ ready for this year. Punk has been racing motorcycles instead of Toy Airplanes!
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gary, keep up the good work.. we got your back. RR
    life\'s short, fly hard !!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm looking forward to racing 426 this year too.. The only reason I didn't race quickie at the Nat's last year was the LS deal.. Only had one engine and I know better than to go to Muncie with one engine, especially an LS..
    Lee LaValley
    NMPRA# 33w
    www.ncplracing.org

\"To finish first, one must first finish.....\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am some of the new blood Gary is talking about. For me personally I would have never moved out of 424, and thus probably never gone to the Nats, if it hadn't been for the creation of 426 becasue I couldn't justify the $ for 428 with only 2 or 3 races with in 12 hours of myself. Now since 426 can be ran on the short course I have 10+ races within the same time frame. In addtion I got addicted to the additional speed and that along with the endless, we'll call it, encouragement from AJ made me jump into Q40 and I will be flying that this year as well.

I know this has been a heated discussion but for me personally, and a couple guys at my club, it has been a very positve thing. In fact my caller is some more new blood that will be at the Nats flying both 426 and 422 that isn't on the list. I am now so addicted to the speed, competition and comradery that I sold everything but racers.

Just my 2 cents

Lonnie

P.S. AJ I'm glad you kept after me. I guess I should start believing that you do know what your talking about, at least some of the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

don't forget that AJ moved NORTH just before winter, though...

Out of all the places we could be, this is one of them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gary, keep up the good work.. we got your back. RR
    Yes Gary, we got you covered, I got your ankles.

Chago

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chago, Will you be at the nats again this year. You were one of the few I couldn' get ahold of to ask what Q500 event you will fly if any?

You only have my ankles because that is as HIGH as you can reach....HA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Soory you are having to deal with this Freeman jr. ,but it has been going on for as long as racing has been around. I beleave it may be just what pylon racing needs. You see sometimes when a controvrsy like this comes along it draws attention. People will be curious as to how it all plays out. Anyway that is my two cents.
    Ready turn