Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: LA40 racer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LA40 racer

I got this plane from my wife for xmas I put it together and it a great looking plane . I've not been able to fly it yet because of the weather. But i was wondering why i don't see many of them nobody seem to be selling then i've looked on a lot of dealers and no one is selling this plane .Is it a old plane that no one flys anymore or not a vary good plane .I looked on utube and it seem to be like down in mex and in the spanish speaking countrys put not up here in the usa why.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: LA40 racer

I used to have one and it was a great little flyer. There are alot of them around but I'm guessing since they aren't a scale version or something a little more "sexy" they aren't seen much outside of a typical Sunday flying day. You will really enjoy it I'm sure, I have been trying to decide if I want to get another one.
    What does THIS switch do......Uh ohhhh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the plane from World Models called the LA Racer 40?
    Barry...
    http://www.RCPRO.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are one of the two models that are allowed in Club 40 racing. They are basically a low wing trainer. The Sky Raider II is slightly more popular but my guess is because it is a few bucks less than the LA Racer. I think the LA flies a little better.

You can find them at www.airborne-models.com

Check around, you may find a Club 40 race in your area.

Blessings, Terry
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
    Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had the LA Racer and currently have the Skyraider. My personal feeling is the LA Racer is a better flier, more stable and better control especially if you are doing pylon turns. Interstingly enough, the price of the Skyraider and LA Racer are now the same on the Airborne site. The Skyraider used to be about $10.00 or so less.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tsawyer148

I had the LA Racer and currently have the Skyraider. My personal feeling is the LA Racer is a better flier, more stable and better control especially if you are doing pylon turns. Interestingly enough, the price of the Skyraider and LA Racer are now the same on the Airborne site. The Skyraider used to be about $10.00 or so less.
    Wow, you are right, they raised the price of the Sky Raider II. It used to be $89.99. I have both and as far as I can tell, they fly identically if you set the throws the same. The LA Racer is a tad heavier due to using two servos for ailerons but there is no play like sometimes plagues the torque rods in the SRII. The LA is a little more streamlined with the cowl and rounded fuse. Some think it is a little faster but I can't tell any difference in speed. I can't make 20 perfect turns in a row so timing them won't tell me.

Blessings, Terry
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
    Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I really don't think there is a difference in speed, if there is it is neglegible. And, you are right about the ailerons, I had to do some minor work on the Skyraider to get rid of some slop. All things equal, I just felt the LA Racer was a cleaner airframe to fly, but the Skyraider makes for alot of fun as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys i'm waiting for a real nice far weather day to fly mine. I have the number 4 one black and red i'm waiting for a real nice day to fly it i'm still in the learning stage so i hope i can keep up with it.But i'm sure glade to hear that they are still around.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are GREAT flying models! I LOVE mine. It's my #1 sport plane as well as being a lot of fun to race.
    Gary James
    AMA CD 68845, NMPRA 15I, RCCA #908

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that the price is the same as the Sky Raider (SRMII) I think we will see a lot more of them on the race course.  I sold the two I had and haqven't had time to order more.  I still have about six SRMII's that are available..  I personally like the LA Racer better because of the dual aileron servos.  I have been converting my SRMII to the LA Racer type wing using the Sanaloma Laser wing kit.
    Barry...
    http://www.RCPRO.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i foundly got to fly the RacerWOW what a plane I'm just past the beginer stage and this plane is fast.I have an Escapade that i fly every once an a while and i do some what well with it. But this LA40 racer is a hand full for me but i do love to fly it i hope i get better with it before i crash it i sure would hate that..Wish me luck i'm going to need it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey glad you enjoyed yout LA racer. I have looked at them a couple times. I race club 40 with a sky raider, but Im thinking of going to the LA Racer because they look cool and I have heard the ailerons are better. Hey good luck. Only advice with this style plane is keep you speed up when landing. They wont float like a trainer.......Im sure you already know that.