Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

MB Profi 40 F3D Engine-US Distributor?

Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

MB Profi 40 F3D Engine-US Distributor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
dspitzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB Profi 40 F3D Engine-US Distributor?

Who is the US importer/distributor for the MB profi F3D engine? Does everyone order direct? Who carries parts?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:42 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MB Profi 40 F3D Engine-US Distributor?

This is the only MB / Profi distributor in the US that I am aware of, but I don't believe he is selling the MB 40 F3D motor. May be a good place to start, his name is Jim Booker.

http://www.flycontrolline.com/New%20Items.htm

Otherwise, you may need to go direct to MB at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fiorimet/index.htm
Old 10-10-2008, 03:09 PM
dspitzer

Thanks Dave. I've tried Jim, he doesn't carry any of the MB parts or engines. I guess I'll try direct with MB.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
garys

There isn't a US distributor for the MB 40 F3D engine, you get them straight from Rob Metkemeijer.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Ed Smith

For a short time H&M Racing in Canada carried them

Try the email. [email protected]

Ed S
Old 10-13-2008, 05:12 AM
luv to race

Like Gary Schmidt said, Rob Metkemeijer is the distributor of his engine. For parts and rebuilds, you send your stuff back to him in the Netherlands and he fixes the engines. Here is Rob's email.. [email protected]

WC
Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 AM
dspitzer

Thanks everyone-I got a hold of Rob. You deal with him direct. Thanks again. Does anyone have a good used MB Profi 40 F3D they want to sell?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I picked the wrong time to get into pylon racing as an interest. What is the latest story on the fine Nelson engine? Can we hope that a good company will pick up the tooling and some semblance of expertice?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 AM
flyingtheoldones

So what is the average price of an MB40?
I checked on Rob's site and he doesn't have that listed.

DM
Old 11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Riddle4U

I guess I picked the wrong time to get into pylon racing as an interest. What is the latest story on the fine Nelson engine? Can we hope that a good company will pick up the tooling and some semblance of expertice?

The nelson engines and spares are soon to be extinct and its highly unlikely that a machine shop will pick it up. Last I heard a shop kinda tried and figured out that he couldn t make enough $$$ to justify it.

BV
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
PylonDave

ORIGINAL: Riddle4U

Lots of guys are moving toward the Jett racing engines. They are competing very well these days.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:33 PM
D.E.

I think PylonDave is right I have seen many Jett motors that are every bit as strong as the Nelson. At the last Whittier race there were a bunch of really fast guys and Bruce Kommander Coffeys airplane was every bit as fast as Travis and VonDerHey and all the others there. Dubb has done his homework and should be supported.

D.E.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a sense that the future is electric
Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Riddle4U

The past involved electrical ingenuity going back to Ben Franklin. Electric motors are not some "amazing thing of the future". Our glow motors have been using "Green" fuel for more than half a century, and contribute zero to heavy metal land fill issues, mining issues, manufacturing health issues, and don't burn coal in the process of creating electricity. Glow motors perform better than electrics, don't require continuous knowledge updating and endless study on new chemistries, expensive charging equipment, e.t.c. They also last for decades, just waiting for someone to clean them up and fill them up with methanol. A simple manual provides nearly enough to operate any of them. Their main problem is sound, and that could vastly be reduced if people were spending half the time on that issue instead of how to create motors/batteries that compete with combustion engines (largely still lacking). Our ground water will be poisoning people a thousand years from now with all the batteries that inevitably go to landfills. That will only get worse! If the future is "Electrics" than we should all worry! People are buying these cars coming out now, that are all or mostly electric......they just don't stop to think that the electricity comes largely from coal, natural gas, or nuclear! Think one more step.

I want to fly an electric model airplane the way I want to ride a Harley with "bicycle pedals"!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
luv to race

I applaud the effort that went into that post. well said sir..

RB
Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
BarryReade

X2
Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Riddle4U

Thanks, I just get tired of all the electric hype. Even in the AMA mag, and others, electrics are actively promoted. I am not really against electrics....I just think it is unfair to promote them without respecting all of us that love our piston engines (and hope to continue enjoying them well into the future). Most of the club fields I fly from are so far from population that even the noise seems less an issue (I know many don't have that luxury). Besides...the sound is half the enjoyment, at least when they're in the air!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A discussion on the question "Is wet power a dead end?"

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9588819

contribute zero to heavy metal land fill issues, mining issues, manufacturing health issues
I guess chrome doesn't have any issues, but the EPA has a number of superfund sites related to chrome waste byproducts.

BTW, brushless motors go back to Tesla.

Biggest problem with small motors is the oil that goes out the exhaust into the air according to the EPA. The government will continue to attempt to control everything we do as time goes by.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 AM
BarryReade

I really think electrics are growing because tuning a nitro/gas motor takes skill and a lot of the newer folks do not have the skill or don,t want to learn it.  Also the newer generations are clean clean clean and really dislike the oily residue from the fueled engines.  This is my not so humble opinion. 

I love my Niro engines and am getting into 4 stroke motors and maybe even a 4 stroke gas motor.  They sound so neat in the air.

Long live the Nitro/gas miniture motors we have.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The reason for my electric comment is, this is a perfect example of "unobtainium". One of the things that makes racing such a pain. FAI seems to be almost impossible to be involved in just because aquiring anything competitive is almost impossible unless you make it yourself.
I am not an electric guy. I love engines and prefer them. It just seems with the radidly growing quality and price reduction of electrics, that is the direction a lot of racing will go. Look at EF1.
Events such as this that are so difficult to be involved in will wither on the vine unfortunately. But heck, they sure are fast!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM
garys

Actually FAI stuff isn't that hard to come by, you just have to know where to look. Competitive equipment is available, including good props which take little to no work to finish. That being said, buying the right stuff doesn't guarantee success, you have to know what to do to make it all work together, which takes practice.

At the team trials for the 2009 team, I ran DeChastel Evo's, MB engines, VanDen Bosch pipes, some props that were available from Chuck Winters, and others from the Netherlands. All readily available to anybody, you just need to know where to look or ask. The biggest thing that kept me off the team was starting out too conservative in the contest as far as needle setting. Going into the last round, however, I still had a good shot at the team, just didn't make it around all the pylons. There are very few that actually make their own stuff, and usually those aren't the ones going the fastest.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 AM
luv to race

And let me tell you GS.. That would of been the most CLUTCH ("Bottom of the 9th walk off HR") last round efforts we would of ever seen... and trust me after about 5 laps, the guys in the pits were sweating it..

Gary's right boys.. FAI F3D eqipment is so very easy to come by. If you are truly interested, leave a post here or on NMPRA... and one of us will get you all the info within a day. Also the equipment doesn't change as much as you would all think. I'm going to Australia this year with the same design planes that I flew in France 2005. The motor has changed very little as well. All that chagnes with the engine is the top end jug, and since it's a two-piece engine...just buy a new jug. The bottom end is the same.

Randy Bridge
[email protected]
Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM
prabhumail

Hi,
Anyone know where we can buy profi MB40 engine in US and what is the price. any contact will be of great help.
Thanks,
Prabhu
Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Riddle4U

I also want to know how to step up from competent power r/c pilot to handling these fast racers? I am ok flying aerobatics and all, just never flown the fast Q40 planes they occasionally fly at the field (fricken scary, actually). I want to give it a go, and glad NMPRA is still around. Help?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 PM
f3d

I have 2 brand new MB 40 pylon engines for sale. also 2 brand new muffeled fat tuned pipes.

Please send me a email if interestet

[email protected]

Best regards Michael