Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

15 Quarter Midget

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 11:47 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 15 Quarter Midget

Had a great day today at the field. Last night I finished my winter project which was a new (old) kit of the Fred Reese designed Shoestring Quarter Midget.

Built the original kit, but modified it in several ways to strengthen and lighten it a bit. Even with Micro servos and reciever it is a bit of a tank, but I have yet to weigh it. The old q15's had about 300 squares of wing area, so this little plane probably has a pretty high wing loading.

Anyway, after finally getting the little 15 propped right (I have some left over qm15 Cox's but decided to go with a modern bb 15 with a throttle instead), the little thing was really singin'.

It flies smooth, and quite fast for a 15 size. I know it really needs that little Cox on the front, but I think I prefer it with the motor I have on it....

A lotta fun, not much fuel usage or noise, and it flies like any good pylon racer.
Old 04-14-2002, 05:32 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Default Midget Racer

Cool! Post a picture and lets see it

BV
Old 05-16-2002, 12:03 AM
matchlessaero

Default Pic of Shoestring

Hey Bill, the pics I took were the first on a 24 exposure roll.
This is the little Shoestring. It lasted 3 weekends before I put it in. I am still not completely sure how I crashed it........... Its almost put back together, but my smiley face pilot is now frowning.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11235_1630.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	5832