Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking for some fast guys

The racing scene has been heating up in the Carolinas for a while now and there are a lot of people talking about fast planes and what type of things make them faster.
    I would like to invite all pilots who love speed and think they have a pretty fast or REELIE fast plane to the 4th annual Carolina Speed Rally on June 25th.

This is a unique rules free event that is all about max speed. We will give you a hard copy certificate of how fast you really are.
    The event will be held in Hudson, NC (a little north of Hickory) and has been a huge success in the past. We welcome everything from EDF and hotliners to pylon racers and hot rodded sportfliers. Just no turbines please, we have a fabric runway.

I will post the flyer shortly with more details. If you are interested stay tuned to this thread, do a seach of previous events or take a look at www.caldwellareomodelers.com and click the events tab.

If you have ever wondered how fast you are going this is the event you don't want to miss!
    A guy who used to live on this site and now is rarely here due to the "upgrade".
    Most likely fading away till the My Forums is fixed. Too bad.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Looking for some fast guys

Sounds like a great time! I wish I lived within a 10 hour drive because I would not miss it.

D.E.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DE, I got the inspiration for this event by flying out to SoCal to hang with a bunch of the Revver Brotherhood on Rabbit Lake a few years ago. I had a great time with those guys and wanted to do something like that here.

It's like a retro Bonneville Salt flats meet you read about in old Hot Rod magazines except for model airplanes.

If you do a search for the Speed Rally you can find old threads, stories and some great pics.

Last month's Model Aviation also had a nice article on it in the District IV report.
    A guy who used to live on this site and now is rarely here due to the "upgrade".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96..._1/key_/tm.htm

There is the link to last year's Rally.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the flyer for this year. Please pass it on to your friends.
    Attached Files Attached Files