Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

EF-1 OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Steve Parsole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF-1 OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

Hi Guys,
I love the new EF-1 event, I have been following it from the beginning. I have a Pogo and hope to get something else soon. I have just a few thoughts from a non racer who does fly A LOT of electric and have been for about 10 years

1) Why is everyone using the BEC feature built into the speed control when Castle and everyone else says above 3 cells to use a seperate BEC or reciever battery pack.

2) Do you think anything will be done to improve the performance of the planes. We have 4 POGO's at the field and to be honest most of our sport ARF's fly a little faster. Maybe allow other props or more cells?

3) How are we going to control the cost of new batteries coming out. There are so many changes coming in LIPO assembly and manfacturing that todays batteries will be obsolete in a 1year or so. Just take a look at the new Thunder Power Packs, they are great, but who is the next one to up the performance??

4) When will there be a better supply of kits and ARF's out there. The POGO is OK but I would like some other choices. We keep seeing pictures of new planes but thing about how to get them

Thanks
Steve
Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 PM
jprge C.
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: EF-1 OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

Hi Steve,
More planes available to us would be great. We have 4 of us playing with them and we had to recover them just so they looked differnt. I have also seen pics of the other planes, but so far I don't think any of them are out so I guess we are stuck with the POGO

Jorge
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Scorpion Racing

There are quite a few kits available if you are willing to build it. Here is a list on the NMPRA site: [link=http://www.nmpra.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2750]EF-! Kits & Components[/link]
Old 07-25-2011, 01:14 PM
rs-ssfan
My Feedback: (40)

Horizon announced at the NATS that they are going to be releasing the Shoestring in October.  I was lucky enough to get one of them and they are great kits, very complete, and fly great.  From listening to other people talk you don't have to "fight" the Shoestring as much as you do the Pogo. 

Lonnie
Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Steve Parsole

Thanks for the replies, look forward to more planes coming out soon.

Steve
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
KEN 31

Steve The Miss Dara will be coming out as an ARF and the Outrageous next spring. With the Shoestring and these two ARF's you will have three get looking planes that are good flyers.
We can thank Jerry Small and Dan Kane for these designs.

Ken