Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Official SEMPRA website

SEMPRA, the SouthEastern Model Pylon Racing Association (District 7 of NMPRA) has decided to expand its outreach to help promote the sport of pylon racing thru-out our district. SEMPRA, or NMPRA district 7, encompasses Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida. It is our goal to unite all the clubs, CD's and groups in the district and to provide a common location to find information on racing events. If you are a CD who holds racing events, we want to hear from you and list your events. If your club holds pylon races, we want to help promote them with you. If you are a racer who would like information, assistance, to find an event, we want to help. We want to hear from all the racers out there in the region and invite you to join us very soon on the new website for SEMPRA.

We will have available on the site:
    • a brief history of SEMPRA with archived newsletters back to the beginning of SEMPRA for you to rummage thru.
    • A forum for all racers to share information on.
    • An interactive calendar, so that CD's can post their events.
    • Pictures from the racing events in our district.
    • A running tally of SEMPRA points standings for all to view.
    • Links to sites for you to be able to purchase racing gear and products.
    • And an online and traditional mail option for you to join your district pylon group.

Will you have to join SEMPRA to use the new website? Absolutely not. The site will be free for all to use, and for all racing events and racing clubs in our district to post their events on. Events will be listed on the calendar and may be posted in the events section of the forums. Vendors, send us your information and you can be included in the links, as well as listing your products on our forum board.

In addition, all SEMPRA sanctioned events will have the option of per-registration, email reminders and premier event flier placements. All SEMPRA members will accumulate district points for year end awards, as well as national points if you also belong to NMPRA. All SEMPRA sanctioned events also have the opportunity of counting towards the SEMPRA district points standings, and qualify for the pilot SEMPRA year end awards. All SEMPRA sanctioned events will receive special fuel prices and support from SEMPRA with equipment & supplies. SEMPRA has a fully portable, digital timing & scoring system available for use at all SEMPRA sanctioned racing events.

This is a call for all clubs and CD's in the SEMPRA district who hold racing events to contact us now. We want to help promote your events, your club and expand R/C Pylon racing to a level it has never seen before. E-mail us and let us know you want to be a part of this movement forward in pylon racing. Join us in making racing information available and event promotion easier to obtain. If you sell racing products, let us help you get your products out. Contact us and lets start promoting racing in the South East US like never before.

Thank you for helping us to promote pylon racing for our district.

Scott Smith
    NMPRA 86t - District 7 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Official SEMPRA website

WOW Scott that looks good!

Maybee when California goes swirling down the toilet I will move out that way. Keep up the good work!

D.E.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aw, Dave, you should come out anyways. Us East coast boys seem to be pretty fast nowadays, just ask Lee! We all had a lot of fun with the guys in North Carolina, and I know that will continue. I hope to see some of them in Apopka next month and in Mulberry in March. I am looking forward to getting back to where we have races in every state and pilots have plenty of venues available to race at.

I know we can do this and we all will be happier!
    Scott Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Everyone seems fast to me, You know the old saying....... If you look at your heat and you dont see any donkeys, you ARE the donkey!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This will be a great resource for even more organized racing in our area. I look forward to being a part of it.

Robert Vess
    Raleigh, NC
    Vess Propellers
    Team Horizon Hobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Robert, I really want this to be a common resource for our racing district. It is time for some changes, and this is only the first step.

Dave, here is the decal I had on my Polecat in N.C. !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79596.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	1690255  
    Scott Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK guys, The website is now open! You can visit the official online home of SEMPRA at: www.sempra.org . Take a look around, and see what you think. More information is being added almost daily, so check back and see us.

Our forums have an event calendar with the ability to per-register for events. All members of the forums are invited to post your event fliers in the events forums, and to use the calendar for all racing events in the SEMPRA district. The event forums have a sticky which describes how the calendar works. Pylon racing vendors, we have a section on the forums for you to advertise your products. Lets all join in and provide the information a potential or current pylon racer in the SEMPRA region needs to race.

Thanks to all of the people who have provided information to start this site rolling, and to all the people who will make this venture to promote pylon racing in the South East US a success for all pylon racers.
    Scott Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott:

The SEMPRA website looks GREAT! What web authoring program did you use to create it? We are in the process of creating a North Texas Pylon Racing Organization (NTxPRO) and are probably going to "plagerize" some of SEMPRA's stuff.

Keep up the great work!
    Gary James
    AMA CD 68845, NMPRA 15I, RCCA #908