Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Matchlessaero N19C

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:46 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matchlessaero N19C

Matchlessaero- AKA Jeremy Chinn

From the Mid-South area of the US.
Been flying models since I was six, (I have been flying off and on for 21 yrs......I guess I am getting old now ....)

Started with Free Flight, moved on to Control line and in 1985, I joined the AMA and started flying RC. Within 2 yrs I was flying in every local Q500 race I could convince my father to drive me too. Branched out geographically and raced in SEMPRA until the Nelson motor was introduced. Seems I found fast cars and girls at the same time that little American Made wonder came out. I could not afford all three. You can see where this is going.... Girls and cars won out.

Good news is- I still have that first fast car and it is now worth much more than I payed for it, and the girl that caught my eye is now my wife, and she supports the idea of me flying again. (I still don't have her trained as my caller, but I am working on it)

First pylon racer was a Scat Cat. I designed and scratch built every racer since then.

I have now been flying again for a little over a year. In my first race in 10yrs, I missed 1st place by .02's of a second (my Pintail had an OS28 on it versus the winners highwing Scatcat with a 40 on it )

I hope to hit more races this year (424) and I am intrigued by the sp400 electric racers. I simply lack places within a reasonable range (<4hrs from Memphis TN, I know Ed, you have to drive twice that to get to a race )

I have a website with free plans on it and would love it if others would visit it. www.geocities.com/matchlessaero/

sorry to be so long winded.......
Old 06-06-2003, 01:10 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matchless

Well Don, you deleted my old post (hehehehehe) so I will put up another . I really enjoyed reading everyone elses 'bios', so maybe someone will get a laugh out of mine....

I started aeromodeling at the age of about six, which makes that a little more than twenty years ago... I began flying control line and free flight with my father in Buder Park in St. Louis, Mo. By the age of ten, my family had moved to Collierville, TN which I still live very near to.
When we moved there, we happened to move in next door to the Memphis Propbuster's flying field. I joined as soon as we moved there, and am still a member today. When I joined the club, I began to learn RC, but spent a lot of time flying all sorts of rubber duration and scale, and several disciplines of control line.... By the age of twelve, my club's q500 racing had me hooked(.28's on quickies), Months after my first race, I bought a Rossi q500 engine to go on my scratch built racer and headed out to my first big AMA race with my father and my best friend. I did well at that race and continued from the age of 13 to 17. During that time, I built and flew RC speed, Q500 pylon, funfly, slope soaring, you name it, I flew it.
I also began designing at that time. My second Q500 was an own design scratch built, and I have been designing and scratching out my racers ever since.
I do all my designs now in CAD, and generally make them available for free to anyone with an internet hookup and a CAD program to open them.

After a short hiatus(about 7 years), I am now back in the hobby(for about 3 years now), back designing, and still hooked on pylon racing. I still participate in 424 q500, but I have recently renewed my love of Half-A powered airplanes.
My latest rendition of my 'Caliente' half-A pylon racers maintain a genuine 114mph in straight and level flight, and I regularly use them to outrun 424 planes on the short course...

When not flying, I am your typical married guy(to a beautiful wife) with a mortgage and a corporate (logistics) job.

I love this hobby, and I love to go fast and turn left!

Below is a pic of my latest Caliente....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	84191_1630.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	6023  
Old 06-06-2003, 01:23 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really cool plane ... With the smaller size, you probably feel like you're flying a 422 or 428 plane, especially if you fly it on the 1/2A course.

Your old Bio must still be in the General Racing section ... I'll see if I can find it, and restore it.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:27 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your old bio is right here in this forum

Except it's under your real name now ... http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...12&forumid=259

I'll merge your updated bio into the existing thread for you. D