Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cliff Telford Memorial Scholarship Fund

Hi All,
    I am adding a new twist to collecting money for the Scholarship fund this year. Yes, Sally O'Brien and Taryn Seaholm will still be comming around for the pinch but they will be selling raffle tickets for a RTF Ninja 426 plane. CMADRacing.com is donating the plane, Performance Model Products , the Power plant and Pete Bergstrom a Brand new, latest and greatest DX-7 Radio with Life batteries and quality racing servos.
    Tickets will be $20.00 each. I will be bring some tickets to the Phoenix race for pre-sale and the drawing will be at the 2012 NATS.
    You all have been most generous in the past and we have been successful in presenting over $1000 each year for some time now. This is a way to give back a bit and hopfully take this to the next level.
    At Phoenix you can see myself,Tom Scott or Scott Causey for tickets. If you can't make it, contact either of us for more info. or additional tickets. This plane will be fully ready to fly and prepared by me. I look forward to seeing all of you this year.
    Tom, Scott, Dennis and Pete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Cliff Telford Memorial Scholarship Fund

Hi all,
    Just a not of progress. We sold approximately 50 tickets at Phoenix. I am encouraged and would like to see 200 sold before the drawing. I will not print more than that. There were a lot of promises to buy at the NATS and I remember every one of you. I will send the girls in to work you over. I will also try to get some to other races around the country. This is a way for the Pylon community to speak to AMA and our up and coming youth.Please buy a ticket or 2. It really is for a good cause.
    Keep racin and LOVIN IT!
    Tom, Scott, Dennis and Pete

Make Cliff and Nancy Proud of us.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To all Club 40, Q-25 and 424 racers out there:

Looking to move up into the faster class of pylon racing? Here is your chance to win a Race proven design plane fully outfitted for only $20. Who can beat that?? A limited number of tickets are being sold. The drawing will be held on the Wednesday during the Nats pylon week. You do not need to be present to win!

This raffle is supporting a great cause. Email me at treywitte1 "at" gmail.com to get your tickets. Time is running out!!!

Trey Witte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zw69287.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	1771708  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trey, Email sent.
    Barry...
    http://www.RCPRO.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the few racers not going to the NATS this year you will need to get your raffle tickets befor the start of the NATS. You can purchase them from Travis Flynn in California, Joe Tropea to the east, Dennis O'Brien in the florida region, Tray Witte in the Carolinas. We are only selling 200 tickets. We will hold the drawing and special presentation on Wednesday Night at the cook out of the funds to AMA in Cliff and Nancy's Honor. We will have the remaining tickets for sale at Muncie. If you really get desperate for a ticket call me and I will include you but you have to pay or I will send the goons after you.
    Great Cause, Great company and a great time will be had by all. And someone will have a brand New Ninja ready to fuel up and fly.
    Tom, Scott, Pete and Dennis123READY TURNiamtom
    Super Contributor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BTW, Joe has sold all of is tickets. Please call me, I have a few left. 513-604-6464 or e-mail to askus@scottmodels.com .
    Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For those of you who were not at the 2012 NATS for the drawing of the winner of ther RTF Ninja, Gary Schmidt was the lucky winner. More importantly the members of the MNPRA both bought raffle tickets,all 200, donated to the fund generously along with the left over funds from the BBQ on Wed. night, we raised a total of $4676.00. I am very proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of pretty cool and talented guys and girls. Sally O'brien and Taryn Seaholm took us over the mark by selling the remaining tickets. You are all winners because of this. I found out a little bit more about this fund. Once a year a student, who qualifies, receives a $5000.00 scholarship paid directly to the school they would attend. This is a perpetual fund and continues to support our future leaders.
    All that being said, shortly after this presentation to Retireing NATS Director Ron Morgan and his Wife Jane along with Bob Brown and Dave Matthewson, an anonymous doner matched our efforts.That brought the total to $9352.00.
    WOW!! There is a youtube video of the ceremony and I will post later. A second presentation will take place in Florida where Nancy Telford lives. She is recovering from a fall at the moment so be thinking of her.
    A BIG THANKS to all of you for making this a successful effort. There is also more info on the NATS News portion of the AMA site at
    http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/072012.pdf
    Dennis, Scott, Pete and Me.