Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Scat Cat/T.Tiger pro combo's

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:04 AM
bigstic
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scat Cat/T.Tiger pro combo's

OK. guys I just finished building a scat cat 500 kit, added a few touches like rudder, tail wheel ,servos behind wing. I purchased a TT 36 pro with a macs pipe and mounted a 83/4X63/4 pylon prop. I flew it for the first time today boy what a hand full has got to be moving better than 100mph ,after i worked the nerves down I decided to put a tach on it got 14,900 with it fat, still breaking er in. Any advice on what prop and pipe combos I should try.or that you know worked awesome. I know someone has played with these things before. I kinda felt like the engine wasn't working hard enough. Id like to labor the engine a bit more. (any advice) ??????????????..
Old 09-02-2003, 10:01 AM
Ed Smith

Default Scat Cat/T.Tiger pro combo's

The prop and RPM you stated gave you a theoritical speed of 95.24 mph and no more, that is ignoring prop slippage etc.etc. The actual speed was somewhat less.

To get more speed you will have to increase either the pitch or the rpm without decreasing the other or the efficency of the prop.

You say you are using a pipe. is this a full tuned pipe or a tuned muffler or just a muffler? The pipes will be illegal in any AMA Pylon Racing rules contest. An engine has to be timed for pipe use, I doubt that the T.T. 36 is. So the pipe may not be doing much for you.

When we raced scatcats with the Rossi engine we used the Rev-Up 9 x 7/12 prop. The actual pitch of this prop was closer to 6 3/4 to 7.0. The Rossi rpm with this prop was in the mid 16k range. This setup gave us a speed of about 110mph, about as much as one can expect from a Scatcat with a decent sport .40 on the front.

Ed S
Old 09-02-2003, 08:58 PM
sean mercer
My Feedback: (2)

Default skat cat

Where did you get the kit? Is it an origional fliteline or is it from lonestar balsa? I'm looking to get another for myself. i've had four of them before fliteline got bought out. Just love that plane with a jett 40 sean