Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PVMAC Summer Pylon Race

The Pomona Valley Model Airplane Club is Hosting an EF1/424/Parkzone Warbird Two Pole Race on July 28th at thier Norton Airforce Base Site in San Bernardino. This is a great site for some pylon racing. This is a new venue for us , so lets get out there and support this race. This race will count for season points for Lee Von Der Hey's Whittier series of races. The Flyer and parkzone rules are posted below.

Parkzone Rules
    Aircraft must be a ParkZone brand Warbird with stock motor. No airframe modifications that affect performance will be allowed. (Clipped wings/tails, smaller canopies, etc.) Any 3 cell lipo battery may be used with a capacity between 1300-2700mah. Electronic sped controls (ESC) must be the same general capacity as supplied with the airplane, or recommended by ParkZone. This is intended to be a fun racing class, not a cut-throat competition. Entrants that stretch the rules will be severely handicapped or possibly disqualified at the discretion of the Contest Director!
    The airplanes that are eligible are listed below with the restrictions/provisions for each airplane.
    T-28 Trojan: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear may be installed or removed.
    F4U Corsair: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear may be installed or removed.
    P-51 Mustang: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9x6 prop.
    F4F Wildcat: Must use stock 480 motor and either the stock 9x6 prop or the 9.5x7.5 T28/F4U prop.
    Bf-109G Messerschmitt: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 3 bladed 10.6x7.8 scale prop. Landing gear must be installed.
    Spitfire Mk IX: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear must be installed. If retracts are installed, they must remain extended in the down position during the race.
    P-47D Thunderbolt: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear must be installed. If retracts are installed, they must remain extended in the down position during the race.
    Revision 9/8/11
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54527.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	1775950  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: PVMAC Summer Pylon Race

This Race is drawing closer and the plans are being finalized for this race. Please put it on your schedule you west coast pilots!!!
    We Found an error in the parkzone rules as to the type of course we will be running . This class will be a two pole course just like the other two classes.

Also note that the F4F WildCat may be subject to a prop change and or throttle subtrim adjustment.

The Pomona Valley Model Airplane Club is Hosting an EF1/424/Parkzone Warbird Two Pole Race on July 28th at thier Norton Airforce Base Site in San Bernardino. This is a great site for some pylon racing. This is a new venue for us , so lets get out there and support this race. This race will count for season points for Lee Von Der Hey's Whittier series of races. The Flyer and parkzone rules are posted below.

The course will not be 3 pylon course described in the published rules. It will be the same 2 pylon course that the other classes will fly. Pylons will be 400 feet apart at distance of about 330 feet from the pilot stations. Pilots will stand behind the fence in the usual Norton pilot positions. All pilots and callers must wear hard hats.

Also If you are bringing an F4F Wild Cat , This Model may be required to run a smaller prop (Possibly an 8x4 to slow it down) or you may be asked to dial down your subtrim on your Throttle. This plans is substantially faster than the other Warbirds and we need to level the playing field for this plane. The Idea of the Parkzone class is for the new racers to feel competitive with the experienced racers speed wise.

Parkzone Foam Warbird Racing
    Racing Rules:
    The ParkZone Foam Warbird Class is intended to provide a relatively low-cost avenue for the average modeler to experience the thrill and excitement of R/C Air Racing! This class combines the good flying characteristics of the ParkZone Warbirds, the ease and simplicity of an almost-ready-to-fly electric airplane, and the variety of classic Warbird designs to bring Scale air racing to a size and budget that most modelers can achieve.
    Racing Rules and Procedures:
    Racing will be conducted according to general AMA guidelines and in accordance with the NMPRA’s EF-1 racing procedures. They can be found at NMPRA’s website here: http://www.nmpra.org/rules/EF1NewRules_5_%5B1%5D.pdf
    In general,
    -Airplanes will be raced around the 2 pylon course with 400’ between pylons 1 and 2
    -Races will be 10 laps
    -Races will use a racehorse start from the ground or a hand launch.
    -Pilots and callers will stand at the regular pilot stations.The course will be out in front of the pilots aprox 330’ from the Pilot stations. Pilots and callers must wear hard hats.
    -A pylon cut will be penalized with a drop of one finish position per cut. More than 2 cuts will result in disqualification for that heat race.
    -Races will be up to four planes per heat. 1st place will be awarded 4 points, 2nd place 3 points, and so on. Winner of the event will be the pilot that accumulates the most points in all of the heat races. Ties in points for the top 3 positions will be broken by a head-to-head flyoff.
    Aircraft Rules and Eligibility:
    Aircraft must be a ParkZone brand Warbird with stock motor. No airframe modifications that affect performance will be allowed. (Clipped wings/tails, smaller canopies, etc.) Any 3 cell lipo battery may be used with a capacity between 1300-2700mah. Electronic sped controls (ESC) must be the same general capacity as supplied with the airplane, or recommended by ParkZone. This is intended to be a fun racing class, not a cut-throat competition. Entrants that stretch the rules will be severely handicapped or possibly disqualified at the discretion of the Contest Director!
    The airplanes that are eligible are listed below with the restrictions/provisions for each airplane.
    T-28 Trojan: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear may be installed or removed.
    F4U Corsair: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear may be installed or removed.
    P-51 Mustang: Must use stock 480 motor and stock 9x6 prop.
    F4F Wildcat: Must use stock 480 motor. Prop size to be determined.
    Bf-109G Messerschmitt: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 3 bladed 10.6x7.8 scale prop. Landing gear must be installed.
    Spitfire Mk IX: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear must be installed. If retracts are installed, they must remain extended in the down position during the race.
    P-47D Thunderbolt: Must use stock .15 motor and stock 9.5x7.5 prop. Landing gear must be installed. If retracts are installed, they must remain extended in the down position during the race.
    Revision 9/8/11

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey , Just a Reminder Note to preregister for the race at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino this Sat. Bring Shade and lunch. There are fast food joints within a half mile. Farmer Boys for one. Someone may be bringing a grill, not sure. Should be a fun race. Something different for us 3 pole racers!!! Kind of like a short track Nascar Race.!!!
    Hope to see you on Sat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Forgot to mention. There is no shade out there , so bring your own.

Also Their is no AC Power , so bring a Battery to charge your stuff, Charge off your car batt. or bring a Generator.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are the results of the Norton PVMAC race on Sat.
    I think all participates had fun!!! Not as many pilots as I would have liked , but we had lots of workers and great weather!!
    Thanks to Paul Smith and all the PVMAC members who helped out, and every one else who step up and help me with my disability ( bad Knee ,feeling better today)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr51607.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	1787505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tp45946.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	1787506  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want to thank HobbyClubUsa-Pegusus Hobbies- and Hobby People for donating items for the worker and pilot raffels.
    Thanks Much
    Dave