Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

A Shout Out....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 AM
pcseiden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Shout Out....

I finally had a minute and wanted to express my sincere THANK YOU to a few people. First, I've been out of pylon for 6 years, and I decided to go with Dan Kane to Bloomington. I didn't have an expectation to fly, butwith an old Viper, my 11 years old son and Kanes of urging (kick in the ass), before I knew it I was lined up in lane 3.... knees knockin-
Getting that flight over with was a relief, and, as Dan said "it's like riding a bike". He couldn't be more right.... cut out in heat 2, midair with Jay Cappas in heat three... Just like old times.. =)
The midair ended my day, although I faired better than Jay, enough work was needed and the contest was over for me- or so I thought.
Lonnie Finch, whom I've never met, graciously offered a back up airplane so I could continue the contest. Tough decision for me, but accepted his generous offer. Heat 4 was flown and all was well, untilI realized I needed to fly against Lonnie with his own plane in heat 5.
It appears Lonnie and I have a similar flying style as we both fought hard for the lead and often ended up in about the same place at the same time. I know this because he caller offered up several reminders to Lonnie that he was racing against his own airplanes and a midair would be costly- the Heat was a classic battle, and needed to be reflown do to some technical difficulties-
The refly was the same battle and although the heat was cut short due to some cuts, I have Lonnie to thank for not only the airplane, but really getting me WANTING to get back into pylon, the heats were great, the competion was fun and the camaraderie was genuine.
SO THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!! Lonnie, Moe, Jay, and of course Dan for making my return to pylon a really great experience, and I will see you guys soon at some contests this year-

Sincerely,
Paul Seiden

Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 AM
kane

Default RE: A Shout Out....

Paul,

Nice job buddy!! I was very proud of how you did. After not flying for so long and jumping right in with two feet. It was cool to see. I am glad you made the trip!

talk soon,

DK
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM
rs-ssfan
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: A Shout Out....

Paul,

It was my pleasure to have you fly my back up plane, and it was a blast beating each other up for those 15 or so laps.  I'm glad that you were nicer than Dan and didn't take my plane out like he did. (Sorry DK it had to be said). 

I look forward to seeing you at future events. 

Just an FYI there is a two day event coming to KC the first full weekend in October.  It will be like Bloomington where it will be two one day races, consisting of 424 and 426. 

See you soon,
Lonnie