Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

LANIER DOMINATOR 1500 sport flying

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:12 AM
WesleyK
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LANIER DOMINATOR 1500 sport flying

A buddy of mine ended up with this kit as part of a swap deal. He passed it to me because I wanted a kit to build. I haven't built a kit in a while and wanted a non arf in my hanger. My question is how is this plane for non racing sport flying? Going by the wing loading it looks like the landing speed could be reasonable. Is this the case? I fly off a grass field with fences at both ends and a plane this size with a fast landing speed might be a problem. I want a conventional tail and have a super tigre 3000 not doing anything. Any input would be welcome. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Kevin Matney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LANIER DOMINATOR 1500 sport flying

They use to use a Moki 2.1 in the day
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 AM
cjbotox
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WesleyK
A buddy of mine ended up with this kit as part of a swap deal. He passed it to me because I wanted a kit to build. I haven't built a kit in a while and wanted a non arf in my hanger. My question is how is this plane for non racing sport flying? Going by the wing loading it looks like the landing speed could be reasonable. Is this the case? I fly off a grass field with fences at both ends and a plane this size with a fast landing speed might be a problem. I want a conventional tail and have a super tigre 3000 not doing anything. Any input would be welcome. Thanks.
About to acquire this kit, as you can see from my listing in want adds. Price has gone up a bit but after much searching and inquiries, I finally got a reply here on RCU. Hope this deal goes through and if it does I'll keep in touch with this thread. It may be a slow build, probably going through Christmas because I want to replicate parts for another plane since these kits are obsolete.

As to your question; from what I've seen, this plane is beyond sport flying and will fly very fast with your ST 3000. I will be using my MOKI 210 for all out speed. This kit requires substantial beefing up too. I don't know what you consider fast landing speed but it DOES have a long landing glide. But I fly in a grass field too with two sides of it (back and left) restricted. It has 900' pylons and so far landing hasn't been an issue, even with my giant scale WM P-51.

Don't see why you couldn't use a conventional tail especially for sport, the V tail is conducive for racing, fast left turns. Look at the Viper racers - remember what this plane was designed for - racing and speed. Either you could proceed with the build and fly it for kicks like me (Dominator 1500 races seem to have halted) or let me know if you want to part with it.

I'll be back, John.

Last edited by cjbotox; 09-25-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Kevin Matney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The v tail works real well for rudder and elevator too. Put 2 aileron srevos for faperons for landing. I think it would great plane for sport. If you don't want it let me know were it is and I will take it.