Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: JR Americas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JR Americas

I have been visiting the new JRAMERICAS website and I must say this is a great site. Not just because of the ease of navigating, but the customer service I have received from both Dave and Len has been great. Quick responses and spot on answers.
    I am looking forward to using the new DMSS radios and Rx's.

I have always enjoyed the JR brand and look forward to what the future holds with JR.

I have the XG14 now and cant wait for the new 28 channel beast.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Flew my first plane on the new XG14 DMSS. A KI tony with a YS115, about 150 MPH. I gotta say the servo reaction to the inputs is incredible. I think I need a bit more expo! It is a nice Tx for sure - Great Job JR!!!
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I always find it amusing that people are looking for radios with faster reaction times, then end up having to dial in more expo to slow things down! Maybe I am missing something?

Glad you like the new radio.....the real test is seeing if your times go down!! I have flown Futaba, JR, and Spektrum over the years. My thumbs have always been the limiting factor.

If the 28x ends up being as nice as it looks, I will probably upgrade my old 12x......but for pylon will probably just keep using my cheap old DX8 until it breaks. I really liked having Horizon there to back up my stuff. Actually kind of bummed that they are no longer distributing JR. Hopefully, JR America will be able to supply a similar level of service as Horizon has for so many years. guess time will tell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I guess the expo isnt so much needed for the faster reaction times as it is for the shaking of my hands causing inputs that can be seen on the other hand.
    Horizon is a great company.
    I believe JRAmericas will continue the great service they have always had.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not so sure it's the speed that is being felt as much as the added precision. Imagine going from a '70 Cadillac to a Ferrari. The steering gear boxes could have the same ratio but the Ferrari is going to feel " Quicker " when in reality it is tighter.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That is a great description Shawn - nicely said.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Been flying the new DMSS for over a month now and I love the precision. The instant lock on when powered up is great at the start line of the racing venue. I have learned to fly precise and removed the expo I originally programmed in and it brought a new level of feel to my skill set. I have placed a back order for the new 28X that is due in Sept. $2700 price tag for the advanced technology and cetainly the future of high end radios. Of course there is still the ultra affordable radios in their fleet as well, with the same reliable JR quality.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Marty,

What's the future hold for JR brand with their RC Pylon racing pilots?

I've seen most of them are now using Spektrum after the split. Just curious!

Sam
    Precision Composites Manufacturing
    www.Sam-RaiRacing.com

If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it. Chinese Proverb

The guy who comes to gossip (spread rumor) is him/her - self the culprit of such foul deeds. Chinese Proverb

Beer is best serve cold and so is public humiliation. Chitown - Dork Dynasty - Stooges

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sam,
    I am seeing great things for team JR racing pilots. JRAMERICAS has jumped in pretty deep to ensure that its unique brand of DMSS gets the recognition it deserves in all disciplines of RC. I have not seen a split to spektrum. What I have seen is Horizon Hobby began converting its sponsored pilots over a few years back, before all of the "split" became public knowledge. Perhaps that is what you have seen as well? With that said, JRAMERICAS has been building both its pilot base and exposure of the new DMSS brand.
    As to the general question of the future, Id say JR is in as good a place as it has always been and now offers a system far advanced from its competition.
    I am looking forward to many years of representing JRAMERICAS and helping this product line grow.

I am looking forward to seeing you next year at Speedworld for the classic. Both you and Chuck are great advocates for racing. Airtronics is blessed to have you representing them!
    Take care sir
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So Marty, it seems as if JR would do good picking up a pilot that is competitive in both racing and aerobatics..................hint LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Shawn,
    I would agree......you can go to jramericas website and fill out the team pilot app and maybe they will agree with you as well!!

see you next weekend - we will be getting on Fri afternoon to test fly at the field.
    Race101
    YS Engines
    Team JR AMERICAS
    Waymire Decaling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the info, Marty!

Looking forward to seeing you at Speedworld. Keep up the good work. You are indeed already a great representative for JR Americas!
    Precision Composites Manufacturing
    www.Sam-RaiRacing.com

If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it. Chinese Proverb

The guy who comes to gossip (spread rumor) is him/her - self the culprit of such foul deeds. Chinese Proverb

Beer is best serve cold and so is public humiliation. Chitown - Dork Dynasty - Stooges

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Marty, sadly I am not able to go to Redding. We will have to wait until July 13 to go head to head.