Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

JR Americas

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Americas

I have been visiting the new JRAMERICAS website and I must say this is a great site. Not just because of the ease of navigating, but the customer service I have received from both Dave and Len has been great. Quick responses and spot on answers.
I am looking forward to using the new DMSS radios and Rx's.

I have always enjoyed the JR brand and look forward to what the future holds with JR.

I have the XG14 now and cant wait for the new 28 channel beast.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:36 PM
MFLOOD3800

Flew my first plane on the new XG14 DMSS. A KI tony with a YS115, about 150 MPH. I gotta say the servo reaction to the inputs is incredible. I think I need a bit more expo! It is a nice Tx for sure - Great Job JR!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I always find it amusing that people are looking for radios with faster reaction times, then end up having to dial in more expo to slow things down! Maybe I am missing something?

Glad you like the new radio.....the real test is seeing if your times go down!! I have flown Futaba, JR, and Spektrum over the years. My thumbs have always been the limiting factor.

If the 28x ends up being as nice as it looks, I will probably upgrade my old 12x......but for pylon will probably just keep using my cheap old DX8 until it breaks. I really liked having Horizon there to back up my stuff. Actually kind of bummed that they are no longer distributing JR. Hopefully, JR America will be able to supply a similar level of service as Horizon has for so many years. guess time will tell
Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM
MFLOOD3800

I guess the expo isnt so much needed for the faster reaction times as it is for the shaking of my hands causing inputs that can be seen on the other hand.
Horizon is a great company.
I believe JRAmericas will continue the great service they have always had.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:02 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Not so sure it's the speed that is being felt as much as the added precision. Imagine going from a '70 Cadillac to a Ferrari. The steering gear boxes could have the same ratio but the Ferrari is going to feel " Quicker " when in reality it is tighter.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM
MFLOOD3800

That is a great description Shawn - nicely said.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM
MFLOOD3800

Been flying the new DMSS for over a month now and I love the precision. The instant lock on when powered up is great at the start line of the racing venue. I have learned to fly precise and removed the expo I originally programmed in and it brought a new level of feel to my skill set. I have placed a back order for the new 28X that is due in Sept. $2700 price tag for the advanced technology and cetainly the future of high end radios. Of course there is still the ultra affordable radios in their fleet as well, with the same reliable JR quality.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 PM
SSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marty,

What's the future hold for JR brand with their RC Pylon racing pilots?

I've seen most of them are now using Spektrum after the split. Just curious!

Sam
Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
MFLOOD3800

Sam,
I am seeing great things for team JR racing pilots. JRAMERICAS has jumped in pretty deep to ensure that its unique brand of DMSS gets the recognition it deserves in all disciplines of RC. I have not seen a split to spektrum. What I have seen is Horizon Hobby began converting its sponsored pilots over a few years back, before all of the "split" became public knowledge. Perhaps that is what you have seen as well? With that said, JRAMERICAS has been building both its pilot base and exposure of the new DMSS brand.
As to the general question of the future, Id say JR is in as good a place as it has always been and now offers a system far advanced from its competition.
I am looking forward to many years of representing JRAMERICAS and helping this product line grow.

I am looking forward to seeing you next year at Speedworld for the classic. Both you and Chuck are great advocates for racing. Airtronics is blessed to have you representing them!
Take care sir
Old 06-09-2014, 03:26 PM
speedracerntrixie

So Marty, it seems as if JR would do good picking up a pilot that is competitive in both racing and aerobatics..................hint LOL
Old 06-09-2014, 05:00 PM
MFLOOD3800

Shawn,
I would agree......you can go to jramericas website and fill out the team pilot app and maybe they will agree with you as well!!

see you next weekend - we will be getting on Fri afternoon to test fly at the field.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 PM
SSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, Marty!

Looking forward to seeing you at Speedworld. Keep up the good work. You are indeed already a great representative for JR Americas!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
speedracerntrixie

Marty, sadly I am not able to go to Redding. We will have to wait until July 13 to go head to head.