Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

WORLD MODELS T-34 RACES

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 03:12 AM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WORLD MODELS T-34 RACES

October 4-5, 2003 in Madera California behind the airport at Madera Club will be the fourth and final T-34 Race in the Triangle Series. They're will be lots of great racing in both Novice and Expert classes. Lunch time turbine demo's (pending). Come out and enjoy two days of great and close racing.

There will be helpers and public raffles . Prizes include Radios, kits and much more.

For information, please contact kevin @ [email protected] or (408) 482-5437.

Sponsored by:

Airborne Models \ World Models Mfg.
PowerMaster Fuels
Norred Airracing
Sheldon's Hobbies
Hobbytown USA
Old 09-30-2003, 07:02 PM
ragdoll

Default RE: WORLD MODELS T-34 RACES

For those that have not been to one of Kevan's T-34 Race, it is a blast. We have gone to watch for the past 2 years and the races are full of entertainment. Lots of close racing and occasional crashes. From a spectator's point of view, I have a blast.

I will most likely participate in next years novice class. Keep up the good work.

Cecil

Question: I noticed that Morgan Hill is having a race a couple of weeks after the Championships. Is anyone going? I talked with a few pilots and no one is going. Pilots are saying that the race has no meaning and that they are going to be exhausted from the championships. Are you going?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:32 AM
T34RACING

Thanks for the compliment. Please come and introduce yourself at the next race.

To answer your questions, The Morgan hill club is holding a private race seperate from the T-34 Triangle Series races. This race they are holding is a club event and has no ties to World Models/Airborne Models or the sponsorship that follows the Triangle Series. The Morgan Hill club led by Mike Luvara opted to not follow in the Triangle Series due to conflicts of interest of the club. I wish Morgan Hill would participate in the triangle Series and boost interest for all racers.

From what I have gathered, you are correct and that everyone who survives the championship is going to be exhausted. Out of a couple dozen pilots from the last race, many have chosen not to go but things do change. I have to see if I can make it due to work and if my airplane survives as well.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Ed Smith

From what I have gathered, you are correct and that everyone who survives the championship is going to be exhausted.
There may be many reasons for not going to a race. But too exhausted from one race to attend another two weeks later. What do you do exactly, run around the course?

Come on fellows let's get serious.

Ed S
Old 10-01-2003, 10:42 AM
T34RACING

Ed you are correct. What is happening is that some of the guys are going to the basin for Q-500 also that weekend and others are burned out because they have been racing everyweekend for a straight month due to other forms of racing. After four consecutive weekends of racing, the pocket book takes a toll from hotels and other things. Just not enough money and time.

I try to make everything if I have the equipment.