Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

js3

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 02:27 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default js3

Greetings Racers!

My name is John Sandusky. I have been flying R/C airplanes on-and-off since I was sixteen years old or for about 23 years. My first plane was a Sig Kadet powered by a K&B .40 and controlled by a Kraft four-channel radio. I've been racing since 1993. I started in the AMA 424 class with a Scat Cat and an ASP 40, then a couple of years ago, progressed to 428 with a V Vector and a Jett 40. This season, I hope will be my first competing in 422.

I have varying amounts of time available to devote to this hobby because of work, family or (once in a while), R/C burnout.

On July 22, 2001, my wife Michele and I welcomed our son Harrison to our family. I can't wait to get him on the box and calling pylons! At the time of this writing, he's only nine months old but already he likes to play "airplane".

We live in Arvada Colorado (a suburb west of Denver). I am a member of the Jeffco Aeromod'lers club, and fly mostly at their field located in Chatfield State Park. I also attend races at the Airpark Elite racing club located east of Denver. As many of you know, this club was started by racers, for racers with the intention of providing a venue for our favorite activity. The pylons are up year round at the Airpark field!

At this point in time, my racing arsenal includes:

Two Jett Q500 (428) motors
Two Nelson Q40 (422) motors
One Thunder Tiger .40 for AMA424
One Neme-Q quickie (Fly Fast Composites)
One Bird of Prey quickie (Lyle Larson) still on the bench
One Dodger quickie (Direct Connection) for sport Q500 AMA 424
One Miss Candace Q40 (H&M Racing) I still need to install engine and radio
One Stinger Q40 on the way

For sport flying I have a Great planes Shoestring powered by an OS .91 with a TurboJett muffler. Of course I would have a racing plane for my sport/fun-flying bird!

Have fun and GFTL!!!